What are you getting CHEAP or FREE in September, 2019?

Discussion in 'The Daily Frugal: Living Life Pennywise' started by jastwins, Sep 1, 2019.

Moderators: KimShaw
  1. jastwins

jastwins ※Kaboom!・:・:・゜ Trader Group

Welcome to September! Be on the lookout for summer clearance and for school supplies to be on clearance by the end of the month. My last kid will be going to school on Labor Day, so I know I will be spending a lot of money and just hope to get some deals at Walmart.

Here are some deals to be on the lookout for in September.
    https://www.dealnews.com/features/discounts/months/September/

As for me, I need to start doing some restocking. My girls have wiped me out of shampoo, conditioners. tissues, medicine and the toothpaste stockpile is under 10. I will be on the hunt for deals and look forward to hearing about your bargains. Post away!

Jorainna and jcdamomma like this.
  2. jastwins

I used my Marlboro.com points to get a $10 Uber card for D1. She is doing an internship at a location that is 20 mins from her campus and can get a ride there but has to take the bus home. The bus stop is on a busy roadway at a gas station and I am worried about her travelling when the weather gets colder and daylight savings makes it get darker sooner. An UBER would cost $15 one way and she will try that next week.
    I joined Marlboro.com to get coupons mailed for trades and signed up for the points program. You can earn points by watching videos, answering surveys or entering pack codes. I do not smoke, but did get some codes in a trade.

3. Jorainna

Jorainna Finder of Lost "Blinkies" Staff Member Moderator Trader Group

Was in Kroger around 8:30 PM last night, when they announced the $9.99 frozen breast nuggets were .99 a bag. Should have seen the mad rush! Was just these two flavors, but hey, .99 is a steal! :D

upload_2019-9-6_17-13-50.png

Cathy, jcdamomma, Gardencook and 2 others like this.
  4. jastwins

@Jorainna you have a knack of being in the right place at the right time. So glad you did not get trampled in the stampede. LOL!

Today, I used bottle deposits to pay for part of my order and that made 2 cans of Redpack tomato paste free. The were on sale 3 for $2.

I used my Amazon credits to place a prime pantry order for some well needed Reynolds aluminum foil and 10 snack/breakfast items. My OOP was $4.21.

Yesterday's mail brought a can of Friskies cat food (Rosie loved it) and it had 2 coupons...1 for a free small bag of cat food and a b1 g1 canned cat food coupon. Rosie will be thrilled the next time I go shopping. :D

Cathy, Jorainna, jcdamomma and 2 others like this.
  5. itsfun2save

itsfun2save Active Member Trader Group

Today I went to Walgreens and stacked coupons for the first time. I was buying cortizone 10 priced at $5.99. I was able to use the $1.00 off coupon in the monthly coupon book plus there was a .55c peelie coupon on the product that I was happy to see! So $1.55 savings and earned points on my rewards card at checkout. Not a big savings but my first time stacking coupons so I was excited about it lol.

6. jastwins

@itsfun2save , I love to stack coupons, especially at CVS. They let you use coupons from the red kiosk and mfg coupon plus any other applicable cvs coupon (like $10 off $60 or $3 off 12 make up purchase). Always look for deals online for both cvs and Walgreens.

I do not have a Walgreens by this house, but there is one by my other house. The store personnel were not to keen on coupons, esp if they beeped (but I had the correct item) so I stopped shopping there.

Jorainna, jcdamomma and itsfun2save like this.
  7. jastwins

I am getting a $20 Visa gc from SBKC and ordered it last night. I will use the funds to pay for stock up items I need and will probably spend it at cvs.

A downside of free firewood is free poison ivy. Luckily, I am keep it limited to one finger and my right leg, but really would be happy if I did not get it at all. Funny how Crankie did not get it but I did.

8. jastwins

Tonight I completed a phone interview about education and will earn a $25 Amazon gc.
    Correction....it was a $25 gc and it was sent today and posted to my account.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019 at 1:11 PM
  9. jastwins

My swagbucks swarm survey paid 1500 points on MOnday and I chose $15 in The children's place gcs since I have to buy some birthday gifts this month.

10. jastwins

Today I received a $10 Amazon participation gc for August from Citi Cspace. It is already posted to my account and will probably be used to buy some food items next week. Also posted a $3 amazon gc from SB.

jcdamomma and Cathy like this.
  11. flowerkitty

flowerkitty Super Swapper Trader Group

Today I visited Bed, Bath & Beyond.
    I found summer items for 90% off.
    I picked up plates,bowls, string lights and some solar lights.
    I used a $5 off $15 purchase.
    I spent $17.38.
    My receipt states I saved $191.94

12. jastwins

A fellow teacher left me a small basket of fresh tomatoes from her garden. I will freeze the tomatoes and use them in sauces, stews and chilli.

13. jastwins

Last weekend and this past weekend I went to yard sales on my island. For $5 I bought a 5 qt Calphalon soup pot in very good condition. A lid I have at home fits perfectly. Yesterday, I picked up 2 candles for $2.
    I used Amazon gift cards to place a prime pantry order yesterday and paid $1.20 for 21 items. My order included snacks, pasta, cake mixes, a box of tissues, soups and some ready to eat meals. I also used the by 5 get $5 off option and received free shipping with Prime. Since my budget is extremely tight, this is a way to add to my stock pile for very little oop.

itsfun2save, jcdamomma and Cathy like this.
  14. jastwins

@flowerkitty great deals! I should stop by a Bed Bath and Beyond after my dental appt on Tuesday. I have a ton of coupons in my stash for BBB.

Moderators: KimShaw