What are you getting Cheap or FREE in November 2021?

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
Tonight, I ordered 5 Christmas gifts and used my Amazon gcs to pay for all of them. Shipping was free and I ordered the 3 bags of Starbucks coffee and most will be delivered this week. I am holding on to some other gcs to order a couple of more gifts.

I ordered some baby shower gifts for my new great niece or nephew. I went through swagbucks and earned 896 points. My sister called me and had me order something from her and I will earn points for her purchase too. On my order I used a 20% coupon and on my sister's order I used a 15% coupon.

jastwins

Trader Group
I credited some more amazon gcs and ordered one more Christmas gift for my cousin's daughter. I am doing early ordering since I tried to order a couple of things like dog food for Rosie and was told it would arrive December 8th???? Everything I ordered in the last couple of days should be delivered this week or by Friday. I heard from 2 people that they got their gifts. The kids' gifts cost more but I had no OOP expense and I am getting exactly what they asked for ....PJ's. I need to order some gifts for my neighbors and am trying not to have any OOP expenses. Amazon has worked well so far and I hope I can do the rest of my shopping there.
I finally heard from the Aflac people about my refund and it seems they never sent me a cancellation form to sign, so they emailed it, I signed it and sent it back today. IT is just beyond comprehension why people cannot do their jobs correctly and I have to point out their mistakes. I calmly told the guy I never received a form and he said, "we know"....not sorry, we dropped they ball and are still holding your money...!!! Four months and counting and still waiting for my refund. ($54.10)

I filled out my time sheets for this week and next. I would like the 2 time sheets to be on my next check since it will be short by 3 days. Our school gives us off the day before and after Thanksgiving and I do not get paid for them or the holiday.

Several people sent us fruit baskets last week (for my MIL's passing) and I used the blueberries to make a dozen blueberry muffins. I plan on using the apples to make an apple crisp. It also helped me use up some of the 1 serving butter packets that Crankie bought at Restaurant depot. Out of the 500 butters, there are maybe 350 left. LOL

flowerkitty

Super Swapper
Trader Group
I picked up some shorts, sweatpants and a really cute skort for my granddaughter @ Walmart.
Most of the items were .75 or $1....originally around $5 each.
Better than a yard sale & it was all new.
(Many of the yard sales we went to this year were high in prices...
& the clothes were stained or well worn).
She will be set for next spring!

Last edited:

jastwins

Trader Group
Over the weekend, I attended a baby shower for my nephew and his wife and won a jar candle for answering questions on my winning team.
Today, I stopped in CVS by my mom's house and needed to buy allergy medicine. An email from CVS allowed me to add a 40 % coupon to my card and I used that & $3/15 allergy purchase and $3 coupon plus a $10 gift card . The original cost of the Allegra was over $49.00 and I paid $16.48 OOP for 90 Count 24 hr non drowsy caplets. I was totally out of allergy medicine and was glad to get this 3 month supply.

mtka

Trader Group
On Thursday we took a little drive and stopped at the Original KFC for lunch. Door dash gave me 50% off 3 orders. Got 2 box meals that feed my mom and me lunch, dinner, then lunch again for $11. The lobby and museum were closed, maybe covid, maybe renovation, maybe staffing. The guy that took the food out to us wasn't sure and didn't have an answer about reopening. Here's a picture if anyone cares.IMG_20211118_124807757~2.jpg

Last edited:

flowerkitty

Super Swapper
Trader Group
Today was a shopping day. Most of the stores are starting their Black Friday ads early.
We were able to pick up suet cakes at Rural king for .33 each. I figured we will feed more suet cakes and safflower seed this year since black oil sunflower seed is through the roof. We used to be able to pick up 40 lb black oil sunflower seed for $9.99 a bag...now the best price I have seen is $17.99 a bag.
The biggest disappointment today was Michaels. I found one thing on my list there. Basically, they don’t have the Christmas merchandise to sell. The employee said the merchandise has not arrived yet. (These were items in their ad).
We were able to pick up a few things at Hobby Lobby for some gift projects we are working on. The selection of Christmas merchandise there was really good and we picked up Christmas merchandise and a picture frame all for 1/2 off.
I had a bath and body works item to exchange & I wanted to do the buy 3 get 3 free deal. I did the exchange, but left the store without a purchase because they only had 1 thing on my list. We stopped at another store further down the road and they had everything on my list. I spent around $24.75 which included 7 items
( I used a free item coupon when you spend $10).
This year the gift box set ( over $100 worth of merchandise) is $40 wyb $40 worth of merchandise.I feel I saved I saved myself $55 by not purchasing the gift box set ;)
Next we stopped at Dollar General. I picked up 2- 20 packs of Dollar General brand AAA alkaline batteries for $7.95.
The last stop was Walgreens where I found 3 Burt’s bees gift sets ( each contained a lip balm, hand salve and hair elastic) for $4.95 each, buy 2 get 1 free.
I used a $5 store RR and $5 Walgreens cash and paid just change for the order.

Last edited:

mtka

Trader Group
@flowerkitty I so want that suet from RK, but don't want to drive an hour. I was also hoping for sunflower seeds to be a BF special somewhere, not to be. I have always gotten tidy cats litter, sunflower seeds, and dog food for BF but not this year.

I did pick up a wet n wild lip set from cvs. I had a free beauty item on my card, worked on that plus got $4 ecb back. Picked up another along with some m&Ms. Got nothing at 2 Kroger's, except gas. Couldn't get a parking spot at the second Kroger and gave up. The first was out of Reese's chips and the price of meat was ridiculous.

Found the free ciabatta rolls at Walmart.

flowerkitty

Super Swapper
Trader Group
@mtka - the closest Rural King is an hour away from us too. We used to get our black oil sunflower seed & Tidy cat cat litter there in the past.
We found no deals on black oil sunflower seed, litter or pet food anywhere either.
The suet is a limit of 30 & our store had lots!
We started buying the Rural King store brand clumping litter in the 40# bags for $8.95. We are happy with it and store it in the empty TIdy cat buckets.
I ran into Aldis for oranges and milk & noticed their fresh turkeys were marked down 50%.

flowerkitty

Super Swapper
Trader Group
We waited until late afternoon to venture out to CVS & Menards on Black Friday.
The stores were not any busier than any other day.
I found the acetaminophen, baby wipes and panty liners that were offered free after ECB at CVS. I actually found some of the make up gift sets that were only $1 after ECB. ( last year they were like trying to find a unicorn).
We did not find everything we were looking for from Menards. Many of the items on our list had sold out earlier in the day.
On our way home, we fueled up at Casey’s and I picked up the free 1 liter water offered in the app for thirsty Black Friday shoppers.

jastwins

Trader Group
Yesterday, after dropping my mom off halfway where my sister picked her up to take her home, I stopped at a cvs and my deal did not go as planned. I found 4 Colgate toothpastes (on sale $3.99) that D2 likes and I had $2 coupons for 3 of them and .50 for another. I did not spend enough to have other digital toothpaste coupons come off and getting one free and one for a $1.00) was good enough. A good FRiday deal on Tylenol ($4.99 get $4.99 in extra bucks) I bought antibacterial wipes , but they did not qualify for the black Friday deal. Also picked up 4 snacks 2 / $3 I used a 30 % coupon and .07 in extra bucks I paid $23.19 and got back $4.99 in extra bucks. Self checkout was not going well and I got a lip balm for free since the guy had to come over 3 times and coupons not get the bar code to come up with a price. LOL

Today, I had to drop off d2 and her boyfriend at a friend's house so they could get a ride back to college. So grateful to save the gas time and mileage by not having to drive d3 back to her school. I filled up my gas tank at the reservation ($40 Saturday and $30 on Sunday) at $3.19 a gallon.

I stopped in another CVS and picked up Community coffee pods 12 count for $3.99, Dunkin Donuts coffee pods 10 ct for $6.99, Honey bunches and oats were $1.99 and 2 Colgate Toothpastes were free after $7.98 /2 digital coupon . I used $4.99 extra bucks and .43 extra bucks and paid $8.24 OOP.

On my Facebook Viewpoints app I have earned $25 this month for completing tasks assigned involving recording phrases or selecting different items with similar qualities. This month I received $60 from the financial Horizons community and was invited to another focus group tomorrow. It should be another $60 gc.
This week, I am trying something new and will let you know more about it if I am chosen. It has to do with being on an online mock jury. I signed up for this months ago and this is the first time I heard from them.
I did some online shopping at Kohls on Black Friday and got free shipping but did not get to use a 30% coupon so I just used a 15% off on my purchase. Kohls gave me $15 kohls cash for my purchase. ON Swagbucks, I got to a new level, emerald and will get a 1000 point shop bonus for my Kohls purchase. Also on SB, I did finish 5 surveys and received a 500 point bonus.