What are you getting cheap or FREE in November 2017?

Discussion in 'Living The Frugal Life' started by vickib50, Nov 2, 2017.

1. XUfan

XUfan Member Of The Month May 2010 Trader Group

You've been in Florida too long! LOL!! It's cold in Ohio!!! LOL!

2. Jorainna

Jorainna Active Member Trader Group

Meant to post this on Sunday night, but have gotten bogged down with life.
    Sunday was beautiful, probably our last nice day. Wanted to grill something, so was perusing the meat counter at Kroger when the butcher saw me and suggested I try the Kroger marinated pork tender loins. He had just reduced the Jamaican Jerk flavored ones to $2.99 as they were on clearance. He was rambling on about how good they were and all I could think of was that out in my car was $1.50 catalinas that had printed out for a few days ... I was sure they were good on these! I went to my car and sure enough had three of them!

Check out was no fun ... only one catalina coupon would scan. The cashier managed to adjust it correctly after she fiddled with a calculator. However it printed out another $1.50 coupon. So, I went back in and got three more and rang them up separate so that the coupon would print. These are regularly $8.99 for 19 oz. and I paid $1.50 each - not free, but amazing for meat in my freezer!! We grilled one, and the Jamaican Jerk was really a mild flavor, not bad at all.

So, be on the look out ... you never know what you are going to come across! Maybe other Kroger's are doing this, too!

3. Jorainna

Jorainna Active Member Trader Group

I was again in Kroger last night, and they had clearanced all their Fidget Spinners to .25 each! There were LED ones, Batman, Superman, Disney Princess and solid color ones. I see stocking stuffers here for the grandkids!! These things were at one time$8.99 and $9.99 ...

Sherri1480, jcdamomma, Cathy and 2 others like this.
  4. Green is Gold

Green is Gold Member of the Month June 2012 <br>Queen Of The Cir Staff Member Trader Group Moderator

Quick trip to GE since I had to pick up pop & chips for a work thing for my husband.
    I never shop the 1st day of the sale, because people are crazy and have to buy every deal right this second and often times there are kinks in the system that need worked out.
    Easier to wait a few days. Less issues and less empty shelves.
    But I was already there and I only had a couple issues which were easily worked out. :)

(2) 64 oz Welch's grape juice $1 each (BOGO -insert Q's) *Did not ring BOGO, but was clearly in the ad. CS fixed it with no issues.
    (8) cans of Del Monte veggies .34 each (sale - IP's)
    (4) cans of Dole pineapple and (4) cans of Dole mandarin oranges .49 each (sale - inserts)
    (2) loaves of wheat bread .70 each (BOGO - IP's) *Should have been $1.10 each...they didn't scan, their IP's rarely do for me, even though everything else I printed today was fine :confused: anyway, he manually entered them and doubled them. Here's me..."They don't double." Him: It's fine. I tried...:rolleyes: LOL!
    (4) boxes of BC potatoes .50 each (sale - IP's)
    (5) boxes of Nature Valley breakfast biscuits $4.90 for all + I got back a $3 cat so like .34 a box! (sale - inserts + catalina)
    Good trip! :D

Sherri1480, jcdamomma, Cathy and 3 others like this.
  5. Gardencook

Gardencook Well-Known Member Trader Group

We're getting back to that problem around here again. It kind of faded away for a while. We can always tell when the economy is getting worse ( or perhaps "that show" is on re-runs again? ), because the customers get downright nasty and start grabbing like crazy!

The other night DH ran in for something he needed and noticed that they had LOTS of tea on the discount table. He knows I'm a big tea drinker, so went to see what they had. There were two name brand organic varieties -- chamomile and Chai black -- both on markdown for 89 cents. Plenty of boxes to go around and he didn't know if I'd like them so only picked up one box of each. He said a woman crowded in and pushed him out, afraid that he might get a bargain. She showed NO interest in the tea before he looked at it.

Saturday night there were two ladies "guarding" the cookies on the one day sale who weren't about to allow him to see what was on the shelf. He had to walk away to pick up something clear across the store and then come back after they had left.

Yesterday, the discount table had a single package of organic whole wheat hamburger buns. I started to reach for them and an older man saw that I wanted them and snatched them out from under my hand before I could touch them. Both he and his wife looked at them rather dubiously, but decided to buy them simply because they knew I had wanted them.

There was also a package of whole wheat dinner rolls and another of multi-grain ones on the table. My husband had noticed them, as well and mentioned that I'd passed on them. I told him I knew we'd have a repeat performance if I acted interested.

After the couple walked away, my husband went back and picked up both packages. The couple didn't want them if I wasn't interested.

No wonder I haven't been in the mood to shop lately. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  6. vickib50

vickib50 Well-Known Member Trader Group

Publix: Eating Well frozen entrees, reg $3.99, on sale for $3, used a $1 MQ and $1 store Q for a final price of $1 each. RV freezer tiny; can't really do well on this deal. Store Q exp today.

7. vickib50

Got 2 more of the Eating Well entrees before the end of the deal. Freezer full, but, mostly because of two cartons of ice cream.

8. Gardencook

I wasn't going to participate in this round of mega sale, but then I noticed Mrs. Dash seasonings were included and I had high value Catalinas. We really had no choice. So today's deals included:

One bag Mother's Cookies -- Friday Free coupon
    Two Hormel lunch snackers -- $1 minus $1/1 printables = Free
    Two jars of Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper Seasoning -- $2.89 minus $1.75/1 Cats = $1.14 each
    Four cans Cream of Mushroom soup -- 49 cents minus 80 cents on 4 digital coupon = 29 cents each
    Four cans Swanson Low Sodium Chicken broth -- 49 cents minus 40 cents on four insert coupon = 39 cents
    One Edwards Key Lime Pie -- $4.49 minus $1 digital coupon = $3.49
    Not quite as good a deal as @vickib50 got, but Marie Callender dinners -- $1.88 minus an 80 cents on two coupon = 1.48 -- they would have been 10 cents cheaper at the sister store, but it wouldn't have liked the Mrs. Dash or Marie Callender coupons. :rolleyes:

9. jastwins

jastwins Well-Known Member Trader Group

Today, the school was closed but the bank wasn't, so I worked at the bank in order to do some shopping on my lunch hour and after work.
    My lunch hour trip went well and all my coupons came off, but the second trip had three coupons that would not scan. I had to go to the courtesy desk to get a refund. Here are some of my deals:

8 cans of College Inn Broth free (sale and double dollar coupons)
    2 boxes of Barilla pasta free
    2 cans of Dole Pineapple slices for .09 cents each
    2 Progresso bread crumbs .49 cents each
    2 Progresso soups .25 cents each
    1 Sorrento Galbani ricotta .99 after sale and double coupons
    1 Galbani slicing Mozzarella $1.49 sale & double q
    2 Eggo Waffles for $$1.75 each
    Hanover purple line frozen veggies were $1 a bag and I got 6 bags.
    1 Daisy sour cream was .49 cents
    Giovanni Rana Pesto sauce was $2.99 after double coupons
    Eggland best 18 ct large eggs were $1.99 after double coupons

It turned very cold here and I was just glad I got to shop twice. Could not wait to get back in my van and turn on the heat.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  10. jastwins

The other day I received the 96 Keurig pods free in the mail. We will use the coffee and tea for an employee breakfast my work group is sponsoring next Friday. I will provide cups /bowls/ spoons, and make overnight oatmeal for my part of the breakfast. I tested the machine with the tea k cups and it works fine. Last year, I brought in a 36 cup coffee urn and it was too much to do in the morning, so the keurig will save time and best of all it was free.
    From yesterday's shopping trip, I forgot to list a free can of Conatadina tomato sauce and once again they had the Mambo Sprouts fall bookelts on a rack, so I took a bunch. No one ever seems to take them in this store.

11. jastwins

Finally figured out a card that worked with the current promotion and was able to use my $25 Shutterfly credit to get 25 regular 8x4 cards for free. I just paid S/h and tax. My address is too long for another free set of the labels I wanted so I did not order them.

12. NoHio

NoHio Well-Known Member Staff Member Trader Group Moderator

At Giant Eagle, I paid $8.78 total and will get back around $10 from ibotta.

Here's what I got:

5 So Right Frozen Entrees $1.99 - used $.50/1 or $.55/1 coupons, will get $.50 each from ibotta
    1 Dannon Zero Artificial Sweeteners $1 - used $.50/1 from contacting the company, will get $1.25 from ibotta
    1 Sara Lee Cheesecake Slice $1.79 - used $.55/1, will get $.55 from ibotta
    5 Barilla Ready Pasta $1.25 - used $.75/1 tearpad coupons
    1 Betty Crocker Potatoes $1 - used $.50/1 printable
    2 Milka Oreo candy bars $1 - used $.55/1 coupons, will get back $.45 each from ibotta
    1 Tic Tacs $1.49 - used $.50/1 coupon, will get back $.25 from ibotta (this was mainly to qualify for the ibotta bonuses because I needed one more rebate)
    5 Well Yes! Soup 3/$5 - used $.75/1 coupons
    1 Mardi Gras Napkins $2.29 - used $.50/1 coupon, will get back $.75 from ibotta
    1 Enlightened Ice Cream Bars - used free coupon, will get back $4 from ibotta

I got 7 ibotta rebates to get a $1 Weekend Warrior bonus, and also got enough to qualify for the $1 November Level 1 bonus.

I wanted those Nature Valley Biscuits that @Green is Gold got, but they only had one box and I needed 5 for the catalina (or at least 3), so I didn't get any.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    vickib50, Cathy, Jorainna and 4 others like this.
  13. Gardencook

Had a couple coupons that didn't work for the mega sale at our main store, but did at the sister store. Decided to hit the sale at the other store today. Got a free can of refried beans, some cheap brownie mixes, another cheap key lime pie (the last one was delicious!) and some cream of chicken soup (filler).

Got cases of six one-quart, low sodium organic chicken broth marked down to $2.50 each and I had a $2 digital coupon so one of the cases -- six quarts -- was only 50 cents total! :D

Came home and got a nice surprise -- free sample of cat treats in the mail with a coupon for another free package! The store where we are best customers is really doing some nice promotions. It offered me a free frozen meal a couple weeks ago and it didn't seem like many others got the offer!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  14. jastwins

In the mail yesterday, I received a great winner RAOK envie...my 2 books of stamps!! Thank you, @catara. This will go well with the 25 free Christmas 4 x 8 cards I ordered yesterday and I paid only shipping and handling. Last evening, I made up some more expensive cards and ordered one each. Shutterfly had 40% off any card and i had a code for $10 off 10. I paid $3.03 including s/h & tax for 3 custom cards. Not a bad deal. It gives me a chance to see how they turn out and if I like it I can order more. Last year, I was disappointed in the quality of the pics and had to reorder plainer cards.

Also last week, D3 and I went to the dentist and received 2 free adult Oral B toothbrushes, 2 4 oz Crest toothpastes, 2 dental flosses and free dental piks.

15. Gardencook

Got some deals today, but not really anything that others can replicate. We had an extra senior Tuesday (10 percent discount on health foods and house brands). The discount combined with high value coupons and markdowns/sale prices made for some decent deals, but the clerk had a hassle getting the coupons to work so it wasn't ideal. Most of the markdowns work with coupons at this store, but the produce, meat and dairy departments just won't do the stickers right. :rolleyes:

Nature's Way Coconut Oil (Retail $9.99) $6.99 on sale, minus $5 Catalina coupon = $1.29 after discount (Normally the register takes the 10 percent AFTER coupon. Tonight it took this discount before the coupon -- netting us an additional 50 cent savings! :D)

Two packs marinated chicken fajita meat (Retail $5.99) $2.99 on markdown, minus best customer coupons for $1.75 and $1.50 = $1.12 and $1.34 after discount.

One 12-ounce package red quinoa was on markdown for $1.79 =$1.61 after discount. Tried to keep focused on the fact this was still a very good deal, but I got the same quinoa on markdown for 69 cents at the sister store the other day. :p

Wewalka Pizza Crust -- 79 cents after markdown and $1 blinkie coupon. Been wanting to try these, but they are PRICEY. This gave us the opportunity.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  16. Green is Gold

Green is Gold Member of the Month June 2012 <br>Queen Of The Cir Staff Member Trader Group Moderator

@Gardencook we LOVED the Wewalka pizza crusts! They are WAY too much full price...but anything under a $1 is now a buy price for me!

Last 2 days I've ran into Giant Eagle because there is stuff at my buy price that I really need to stock up on!
    (16) BC boxed potatoes .50 each
    (3) Nutella 13 oz .99 each! :D
    (2) more of the Vanity Fair napkins FREE (they ran out last week and I still had 2 Q's left, they're back in stock now)
    (1) Jif peanut butter and (1) Smucker's strawberry jam $5.09 - $1 Jiff eoffer and $3 oyno = $1.09 oop for both
    (1) box of Kleenex .49 (eAdvantage items of the week)

Dollar Tree
    (4) 4 pks of Angel Soft TP .55 each (I can't use the good stuff with my 65 year old plumbing!)
    *OH! They also had Homepride wheat bread (which I love!) at Dollar Tree! Whaaat?!? :D

17. vickib50

Publix: Bertolli pasta sauce $2.99 and BOGO, using (2) $1 coupons as soon as they open in about 4 hours for .99 OOP for 2 jars.

Publix: Freshly made donut. Full price, just wanted you to know that I will be having a freshly made donut!

18. jastwins

Kelloggs just sent me an email with 2 Shutterfly codes....one for free shipping and another for $25 to spend. I know I can order another set of labels and d3 has a free book she is working on too. I can use the $25 to order more Christmas cards and will make my choice when my recent orders are deliverded.

19. vickib50

Tomorrow's Publix flyer in my hands. Full of BOGO items that match with so many coupons in my bulging binder! Wowzer! Pantry items, dips, party items, stuff for guests and for me! I have 'til next Wednesday to do these. Hoping to get more done on the RV before then so that I can manage it.

20. jastwins

I took a trip off island tonight to pick up some things I needed for the school breakfast on Friday and did some coupon shopping while I was at King Kullen. Here are some deals I got tonight:

1 Grainberry cookie mix FREE (remembered my free coupon)
    1 Pompeian white vinegar FREE after sale and double coupon
    4 Free College Inn Broth cans. sale and coupon --could not resist 4 more frees
    2 Tuttoroso diced tomatoes for .38 cents
    2 Barilla lasagne ready noodles for .50 cents
    1 markdown Premio chicken sausage for .99 after double coupon
    Perdue simply chicken tenders for $1.49 after 40% off sale and dbl .75 cent coupon
    2 Perdue fresh chicken cutlet packs were $5 after double coupon 40% off sale
    1 Free Nestle's Quik chocolate milk free after double coupon
    2 small Pillsbury grand jr bisciuts were .58 cents after double $1 coupon
    1 Hidden Valley ranch packet FREE
    1 Zing Organic Stevia 40 ct was .69 cents after sale and $1.50 coupon
    2 Snyders pretzels were $3 after double coupon and sale.

In 2 emails today, I received 2 more codes for free shipping and $25 of free products at Shutterfly and 500 points from Kelloggs for my 5th anniversary.