What are you getting cheap or FREE in May, 2018?

Discussion in 'The Daily Frugal: Living Life Pennywise' started by jastwins, May 1, 2018.

1. jastwins

jastwins ※Kaboom!・:・:・゜ Trader Group

The warm weather is approaching, (although you would never know it in the Northeast), and I can't wait to hear about your hot deals this month. In the stores, I see lots of summer items and that means clearance on past season stuff. Post your deal no mattter how big or small. We look forward to reading your posts!

Green is Gold and Sherri1480 like this.
  2. jastwins

I will start this off for May. This morning I used my Swagbucks points to get a $25 Shutterfly gc and a $10 Amazon gc to post to my account. Last month, I was able to use a $25 code from an email and a $25 gc to get 20 nice graduation invites for $5.34. We need to order lots more and I made D3 choose another design since the last 20 she ordered required .72 cents postage due to the size 5x5 (postal regulations require .72 cents on that size envie :eek: ) We will be handing those out to friends and neighbors to save me that expense!

Jorainna and Sherri1480 like this.
  3. XUfan

XUfan Member Of The Month May 2010 Trader Group

Last week, we ordered a pizza from a local chain. Yesterday, we got an envelope in the mail from them, with a coupon for a free large pizza...because "you haven't ordered in a while, and we miss you!". I think there's a glitch in their database, but I'll take free food!

We also got a check for $58.xx for an overpayment on a bill that we paid off. I'm going to use it toward the next one I'm paying off! (I don't know if that counts as "free or cheap" but it was unexpected, so it's free money to me!)

4. Jorainna

Jorainna Finder of Lost "Blinkies" Staff Member Moderator Trader Group

Needed to go to the grocery for just a couple of items, so decided to redeem some of my free products and use two $2 Pharmacy Appreciation coupons good on groceries - so that was $4 off!

My digital freebies were:
    Old El Paso Fajita Seasoning
    Lala Yogurt Smoothies 4-pk
    Kroger Kettle Chips
    (5) Luna Bars

(2) Hershey Gold Bars on sale for $1/2 and used the SS $1/2 coupon to get them free.

Needed cooking spray and I had a digital for .50 off.

Also on the way home I stopped at Rite Aid to get the free Arm & Hammer Truly Radiant Toothpaste - just paid tax for it.

5. mtka

mtka Well-Known Member Trader Group

Picked up free yogurt at Walmart from Ibotta and saving*. Found a 75% clearance Sally Hansen nail polish at Rite Aid, paid $2.25, got back $3 from c51 and counted towards saving*. Got a few deals from Kroger, chicken was a really good price, picked up several packages and froze them. Bubly waters were $1.99 a pack after mega, had $2/2 coupon peelies, and got $1 back from ibotta. Haven't tried them yet. And Walmart still has eggs for $1.72 for 5 dozen. Kroger raised the price of a dozen to 99¢ so I expected Walmart to do it soon. Walmart is still 37¢ a dozen, although I liked the 23¢ a dozen we had for months.

iwik, Sherri1480, jcdamomma and 2 others like this.
  6. Jorainna

WOW! Our eggs at Kroger's are $1.59/$1.79 a dozen. Meijer had them for .99 just for the weekend and I thought that was great deal. Aldi went to $1.29 and I think Walmart is at $1.29, also. You have been so blessed! We go through a lot eggs ...

7. XUfan

I haven't looked at eggs at Kroger for the past few weeks, but as of last week, our Meijer store was still selling them for .59/doz. The woman working in the dairy department that day told me it was because Walmart is right around the corner, and they sell their eggs cheap. I rarely shop for groceries at Walmart, so I don't know their price.

8. jastwins

Eggs were on sale $2.49 (Egglands large eggs only), and I had a .50 cent coupon, but they were out and I forgot to get a raincheck. The dairy clerk wanted me to buy the cage free eggs @$2.99. but I said no since the expiration date was too soon for me.

Free amazon $3 code from receipt pal today and it is already on my account.

9. iwik

iwik I Mod, Will Travel... Staff Member Moderator

Fred Meyer (Kroger family) has a $2 OYNO wyb 1 Clairol, combined with Ibotta and IPs (we haven't been getting the inserts on those lately here) for free/mm on some, cheap on others.
    This week is last week for Safeway Monopoly and they are doing 4X the tickets this week, while they last, so lots of tickets and lots of instant wins, and instant wins generate more tickets...

10. greenfrog57

greenfrog57 Mod Of The Month July 2011 Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Trader Group

My Walgreens coupons had an offer to get 5,000 Balance Rewards Points WYB 1 8 oz. Nice! Cashews Sea Salt. It was reg price of $4.49. So 51¢MM. I also had a loaded coupon to get 20 points per $1. I picked up a photo order + a few other items and ended up with over 9,000 BRP + have a $20 reward available!! Cheap sardines with store coupon for DH 69¢.

Jorainna, Sherri1480 and jastwins like this.
  11. jastwins

This morning I chaperoned the Media class on a short field trip off island. The school paid for our ferry passage to and from the media awards ceremony. At the Broadcast awards, kids from school help to serve breakfast and lunch and played music for us. It was really a nice morning and to make things even better, our small school won a first place award for best opening segment. What an honor for our kids, school and the teacher who is teaching this class for the first time.

here is a youtube link the opening segment is FINESSE! :p

d3 is the co-anchor...and you get to see some of my beautiful island.

12. XUfan

Yesterday I cut asparagus from our garden to have with our dinner. There was so much ready to be cut, that we had plenty for our meal, and enough leftover for a couple of yummy omelets! That same amount would have cost around $3 in the store. This is our 5th year of growing it, and it's paid for itself 10 times over!

13. mtka

Rite Aid: clearance Sally Hansen nail polish, free with printable, clearance PediPerfect refills, free with printable, Doan's cream mm after $4 printable and BC.
    Walgreens: $5.99 6-pack Nice paper towels, got $5 worth of points back (probably a targeted offer)
    Krogers: Bai Bubbles, $1.50 price, printable coupon took off $1.99 for a little mm
    JCP: a pair of shorts for me and a shirt for my mom, $2.12 after $10 mother's day coupon

14. jastwins

Last night, I used a $12.83 gc earned from ebates after I opted for a Kohl's gc forwhich they paid me
    8% more. The Kohl's website had 20 % off and $10 off $50 coupons that I applied to my order. For my sister and sister in law, I ordered them each 2 Dana Buchmann shirts , so I paid $52 for 4 blouses ( just within my budget). Since i spent over $50, I earned $10 Kohls cash. It is a brand I wear and I wanted to do something special for them since they are so good to me.
    I selected them since they are new stock and Kohls had my order shipped by this morning. Keeping my fingers crossed that the 4 blouses arrive before Mother's day.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    Jorainna, Sherri1480 and jcdamomma like this.
  15. mtka

Well our egg party is over. Walmart raised the price to 99¢ a dozen and $4 something for 5 dozen.
    Kroger: Clairol hair color, $7.49 - $3 printable -$3.50 Ibotta rebate and $2 catalina.
    Walmart: Bought 2 KC Masterpiece bbq sauce at $1.48 each, got $1 from Ibotta for buying 2 and a $5 bonus for Sips and Cervesas for buying something in the beer/wine catagory. Yeah!!

16. Jorainna

Our Walmarts are at a $1.59 a dozen right now ... I also always check their reduced bakery rack and found the Italian frenchlike bread for .25

I lucked into reduced organic ground beef for $1 a lb. at one of my Kroger stores and got 4 lbs. of it ... not free, but we were happy with it!

17. everprincess

everprincess (\(\ Energizer Bunny - ( =':') She Keeps Going! Trader Group

Took a much needed break the last two weeks and went through all my old inserts this past weekend. Haven't seen much anyways deal wise. Today though I'm stopping for 0.89 OM hot dogs with the new IP. Next week looks slow too maybe Publix but I've not sat down with the list yet.

18. jastwins

@everprincess , I agree with you....not many good deals in any store this week, but I forced myself to go shopping for some stuff since next week will be very busy for me.
    In February, my boss gave me a $100 gc from the bank and I actually saved it for D3's graduation party. Tonight I used the gift card and purchased (6) 24 packs of Poland Spring water that were on sale 3 for $9.99 (+ dep and tax). King Kullen had a limit of one set of 3 per purchase, so I had to go into the store twice. Before I shopped, I went to the courtesy desk to get a refund of $5 for a store coupon I forgot to use last week. It was the easiest refund they ever processed and I was relieved. Along with the 3 24 packs of water, I also bought 2 Boxes of Minute rice (on sale for $1.99) a 20 pack of Scott TP , on sale $10.99) since I was down to 4 rolls and have 3 bathrooms. My coupon for TP expired, but I had two .50 cent coupons for Minute Rice, making them .99 cents each. At self-checkout, I paid $15 cash and paid for the rest with my gc.
    Staples sent me a postcard in the mail and 1 coupon it had was for $10 off any $10 purchase of a regular priced item. Since I am out of packing tape (again! I used it for everything, even train envies),I bought 3 small rolls of packing and shipping tape. My OOP for all 3 was $1.05 after coupon

On my second trip to King Kullen, I paid for the next 3 waters packs separately with my gc. I bought some other snacks and groceries, as well. Land O Lakes large eggs were on sale, ($1.99) in stock and with my double dollar coupon, I ended up paying .99 cents each for 2 dozen. Blue Diamond Crackers were $2.99 and I had a $1 coupon for each that was doubled. I also put in for a $1 rebate from checkout 51. I found 2 large packs of Premio sausage on markdown for $2.99 each. I went to the rice aisle and picked up 2 more boxes of Minute Rice that cost .99 each.

CVS did not have great deals, but I did get some more snacks and 2 qualified for online rebates. I picked up Dove Chocolates and not realizing it allowed multiple purchases but I only bought one. Dove Promises was on sale for $2.99, I used a $1 coupon and received $1.75 from Ibotta (Dove $1.50 + .25 for any item). CVS had b1g1 for small Ritz crackers and Nabisco Lorna Doone 6 oz packs. I used a b3g1 coupon to get one Renuzit air freshener for free. Purex detergent was .99 cents after sale and coupon. Ckout 51 had a $1 rebate on 2 Ritz crackers and .50 cents on Colgate toothpaste.
    For a small order, I bought 2 OReos, used a $1 red kiosk coupon and Colgate toothpaste to get back $3.75 in ECR. My OOP was $8.81 for 3 items and I used the ECR on my next order. In the end, I paid $19.00 + for 16 items, so not too bad.

Our PTA is celebrating Teacher's week and yesterday they brought us rolls and bagels with butter and cream cheese. Today we were treated to baskets of snacks and fruit. I took a couple of snacks for D3 and I know she will love them. Each day will bring more free treats ending with lunch on Friday. Gotta love free food!!!!

Yesterday, I took a CVS survey and qualified for a $10 cvs gc and should get it by next week.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    jcdamomma, Sherri1480 and Jorainna like this.
  19. vica

vica Well-Known Member Trader Group

So did Bai $ 1.99 IP scanned without an issue?

jcdamomma and Sherri1480 like this.
  20. mtka

Yes!! Automatically took off the $1.99 without any input from cashier.

jcdamomma and Sherri1480 like this.