What are you getting Cheap or Free in MARCH 2021?

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
Welcome to March and 31 days of savings. What are you going to be buying this month? Are you getting ready for Spring or planning ahead for summer?

Here are some tips on what to buy in the month of March? https://www.dealnews.com/features/discounts/months/March/

Let us know what deals you are finding out there and how much you save! I plan to save my gcs and do some shopping later in the month.

Post those deals as soon as you get them. Happy shopping!

Gardencook

Trader Group
It is such a beautiful spring-like day to start the month of March, that I decided to hit the discount grocery even though I hadn't planned it.

The owner posted a video this morning and had a one-day deal on the 16-ounce cans of AHA sparkling water -- five for one dollar. Still had plenty of the case we bought at four for one dollar a couple weeks ago, but picked up an additional case at the discount price since all he now has left is the one with electrolytes which I wanted. Next time he gets some, it might not be that variety. ;)

The owner tried to give us some free tortilla chips which he's been trying to clear out, but we're overloaded on them right now so I didn't even look to see how far past pull date they were. When I explained we didn't need any, he told us about the spice jars that were also offered free. I had noticed them on the way in, but hadn't picked up any. All they had left was Crushed Red Pepper, but we did get a free jar on our way out.

The owner also had the snacks in banana boxes marked down to 10 cents each. I'd been wondering about some whole fig snacks with whole grain batter around them and decided at that price we couldn't go wrong. We picked up four bags for 40 cents total. I suspect they will be similar to fig bars, but we'll see.

The only additional purchases we made were some new sustainable fish products which had just hit the shelf. They had smoked sardines and cracked pepper herring for 99 cents a can. I checked at home and they sell for at least $4 to $6 each depending on whether you special order from the grocery store or Amazon. You've got to pay steep shipping charges through Amazon since it is coming through a private seller. Either way, the price is too steep for my blood.

They also had pouches of sustainable skipjack tuna for 69 cents each. Those weren't out when we were there last week and they sell for at least $3 a pouch IF you can find them in stores locally or you special order a large quantity.

They had Pukka Organic Turmeric Tea and Traditional Medicinals Ginger-Aid Tea for $1.49 a box and it hurt to pass on that, but I never seem to get the medicinal teas used unless I'm sick. I'm too busy drinking green tea the rest of the day! :D I may still give in and try some of those if we go back on Wednesday, however. They sell for $5 a box at our regular grocery store and I've never actually tried turmeric tea -- although it would be good for me.

He did have a bunch of boxes of stock which hadn't yet been priced or set out, so there should still be some "treasures" emerging over the next few weeks.

Last edited:

Gardencook

Trader Group
Today, an e-mail popped in from our regular Kroger store -- Fred Meyer. They were starting a spin-and-win game in conjunction with Kellogg's. I wasn't expecting much more than a 50 cent coupon when I hit the button and then I was wary because I didn't know if they'd give me a coupon that required a contract cell phone number like the coupons Kellogg's sends us each month. I can't print those.

Anyway, timing is everything and perhaps it helped that I saw the e-mail so quickly. I was caught off guard when a screen popped up and told me I'd won a $10 store card!

Last edited:

Gardencook

Trader Group
Monopoly has started at Albertsons. I was kind of bummed this year, because it looked like they were going to force us to use a phone app to play the game. We use our landline as a phone number at the store and the account page doesn't let you add a second number like our other stores. I could see nothing but problems if we were forced to change and half the time I can't remember the mobile number, since DH usually carries it.

We did pick up our tickets at check-out, however, and while DH was running an errand, I stayed in the car and opened monopoly tickets. I was relieved to see the inside codes can still be entered manually on a computer, they don't HAVE to be scanned on a phone like the instructions made you believe. I was hoping that would be the case.

We got a couple instant win coupons, one for a box of frozen waffles and one for a single serve box of animal crackers. We also got a code for $25/$25 at Shutterfly (which I've never used) and three months of free Peacock Channel, however, I've heard of people getting burned with charges to their credit card when they don't get "free trial" on channels cancelled quickly enough so I'm always wary of them.

jastwins

Trader Group
Today we visited a couple of stores off island and I did get a few good deals. After dropping off d1 at Micheals, I stopped at Costco to get gas for $2.53 a gallon. Next stop for me was Walmart. I had checked my Shoply app (now called TADA) to see what deals they had and found $17 back for buying 2 large Arm & Hammer oxi clean 42 ct pacs. When I checked the aisle, I found the correct items and decided to check out. From my Measure app, I had cashed out for a $10 Walmart gc and loaded it to my Walmart pay. The total for both came to $17.31. I paid .31 cents in cash to make sure I received a printed receipt and used my $10 gc , paid $7 OOP. When I uploaded he receipt, it worked and I was immediately awarded 1700 points on my SB account.
I had 3 cvs gcs totaling $50 and I needed to stock up on allergy medicine. CVS had what I wanted buy checkout was not as smooth. I chose the 90 ct Zyrtec and it had a$5 coupon attached (the lady used this on and i could not use the one on my app for $10.) However, my 40% coupon came off for $10 so I guess that was better than nothing. Also annoyed at myself for not remembering to cut out the paper coupon :rolleyes: for $10. Just did not come prepared for this trip. I also chose CVS non drowsy brand allergy medicine 30 count and had a 20 % coupon for that on my card that took off $3. My OOP with $35 in gc's was $11.98 for 120 allergy pills The cashier at the pharmacy handed me an illegible receipt and I was told to go to the front of the store and get a printout. This annoyed me to no end especially when I had to explain that I already paid for the meds and needed the receipt. IT was handled well after I had her call the pharmancy tech. I am also missing a $3 ecr on the cvs allergy med purchase. UGH!!!

I used my remaining $25 gift card to buy 2 24 packs of JTB water, 2 chips ahoy cookies, 4 shampoo & conditioners, 1 birthday card , Beauty 360 had 240 ct cotton squares on clearance for $1.12 and box of protein bars. After my coupons ($4, $4, $2, $2, ) for the shampoo came off and I used a $25 gc, my oop was $5.48.

At Michaels, d1 and I each used 20% coupon on items she bought. I saved $4 on a frame for her college diploma that arrived the other day.
We are very proud of d1 who finished school in 3 1/2 years and is graduating summa cum laude with a double major in Sociology and Spanish.
It is not known if they will have an in person graduation this May. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:

Gardencook

Trader Group
Our grocery sent us a digital coupon for a free Glade Febreze Plug-in, but after two weeks the store didn't stock the one the computer told us to get. The store is pretty good about substituting, but DH couldn't find any of the employees we regularly deal with on the floor yesterday when the coupon was expiring. Everything they had in stock was more expensive, but he took one to the customer service desk and they told him it was no problem and allowed him to substitute.

Most of what they had was more than $5, so I'm guessing that was what the one we got free cost instead of the one that was a little more than $3.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Got an email late this afternoon from Big Lots offering us a free bag of Harvest Snaps this weekend. The store is less than a mile from our home, so I had DH stop and pick them up when he ran some late afternoon errands.

flowerkitty

Super Swapper
Trader Group
I stopped at a cvs I have never been to and redeemed the coupon for a free beauty product I received in the app ( up to $5 value). I chose a nail polish.
I was impressed by the assortment of merchandise in this store.
It had lots of Easter decor and candy.
There was much more than at the stores closer to me.

jastwins

Trader Group
I was happy to find out that Aflac will reimburse me for one of my girl's ER visit in January. Now I can use that money to pay the copay our insurance dictates. The funds should be in my account before the end of the week. Another bill to cross off my list.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Have been trying to eat from home and not shop as much the past week or two, so haven't been out much. However, we did have some deals too good to pass up that expired today so we headed across town.

We got a free Clio Yogurt Bar and a free single serve Ratio Protein Yogurt Cup as personalized digital free coupons.

They had a couple packages of seasoned boneless chicken thighs on a Buy One, Get One Free sale. There were two packages on markdown. The larger package had regular boneless chicken thighs seasoned with an herb seasoning. The smaller package was thin cut boneless chicken thigh cutlets with BBQ seasoning. The larger package was marked down to $7.04 and the smaller one was $5.55 -- which made it the free one and since we had a coupon for $7.00 off a meat purchase of $7.00 or more the two packages together cost us a grand total of four cents. We really couldn't go wrong at that price.

Then we stopped at the in-store Starbucks on our way out. We had a digital coupon for $5.00 off a purchase of $5.00 or more. I got an unsweetened peach green tea and DH got his usual hot coffee. The total for both beverages was $1.49 after coupon and we paid with a gift card we got free with hotel stays -- back when we actually used to be able to do that.

jastwins

Trader Group
This afternoon, I took D1 to an appointment for fingerprinting so she can work at my school on her day off. After the appointment, we headed to a nearby CVS and it was also the day both my carepass accounts are credited.
For my first purchase, I used the $10 ecr to buy 12 Arizona iced teas (on sale 4/$2) and 5 boxes of Nabisco cookies, on sale for $1. I used a $1 off $5 drink purchase and my $10 carepass and my OOP was ZERO for 17 items.
My second purchase consisted of 4 Colgate toothpastes, on sale for $3.49 and they were buy 2 get $5 ecr, limit 2 deals. For Garnier shampoo & conditioner, this sale included the large 22 oz bottles and I took 2. Garnier was 2 for $7 and I used a mfg coupon for $3 and a digital coupon for $3 came off also. Both only cost $1 and I received $2 ecr. Suave was on sale 2/$6 and I had a $2 mfg coupon and received $2 ecr for my purchase.
My favorite Cadbury caramel eggs were buy 2, get $1 ecr. CVS Vitamins were b1g1 and I bought 2 Gummy multivitamins and 2 D3 vitamins. CVS sent me a $4/20 vitamin purchase and that came off since i sent the coupon to my card. Puffs tissue cubes were 4 for $5, 3 Post honey bunches of oats were $1.99 each, I bought a birthday card $3.59, bread $4.29 and milk, $3.29. Another good deal was on Starbucks Verona 10 ct coffee pods on sale for $5.99 and I used a $1.50 coupon, making them $4.49. Three Pringles were $5.
I had another $10 carepass, $3 ecr and $35 in gift cards to use The total was over $100 and I paid $25.34 OOP after coupons and received $15 in ecr.

D1 and I went to Panera where I order sandwiches for me, Crankie and D1, who also got a soup. I used a $5 panera gc I got at work, $25 panera gc and paid $5.38 OOP for everything.

mtka

Trader Group
I finally got a decent bonus from Ibotta. $10 bonus on 20 rebates. I saved all the freebies for an offer like this. I picked up mt dew zero, coke coffee, perfect snacks, perfect bar, amer greetings cards, all for free at Walmart and bought a cool whip (not free, but we use). Then at Kroger, I got crest brilliance, crest gum restore, larry and lenny's cookie, bolt24, and a perfect bar for free. I just needed a few more rebates which led to airheads and haribo candy for the cows, jarritos, expensive tuna, cheap cookies and cream cheese, and a bottle of really expensive Fody pasta sauce. It was $8 a jar, $4 rebate and attached $2 coupon. For $2 I will try it, but never for $8. It doesn't have onions, which is great, but neither does the jar of $2 prego sensitive. If you need another rebate, check it out. The coupon is part of the label, so hard to see unless you pick up the jar and look for it.

Also won a free package of cashews from Circle K instant win, so picked that up. Still waiting for the big spring sales for Lowes and Home Depot. Need some cheap dirt and paint.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Big Lots is offering a 30-count package of anti-bacterial wipes this weekend. You might check your email to see if it is a national offer. I assume it is. If so, it is already loaded to your loyalty card. We picked up ours this afternoon.