WHAT ARE YOU GETTING CHEAP OR FREE IN MARCH 2019?

Discussion in 'The Daily Frugal: Living Life Pennywise' started by jastwins, Mar 1, 2019.

Moderators: KimShaw
  1. jastwins

jastwins ※Kaboom!・:・:・゜ Trader Group

Welcome to March! Did February just fly by....sure seems like it did. Well, we have 31 days to shop and save in March, so I hope you have lots of deals to post. Keep an eye out for further markdowns on winter clothing and VAlentine's day items should hit 90% off some time in March. Post any deals you find big or small. We love to read about them!

Sherri1480, Jorainna and jcdamomma like this.
  2. jastwins

Today, in the mail I received a small settlement check and a coupon for a free bag of Uncle Ben's flavored rice. On Monday, I have a dental appointment and my exam and cleaning are covered by my insurance, so no OOP for that visit.

Sherri1480, Jorainna, Cathy and 2 others like this.
  3. jastwins

A couple of months ago, I received vouchers from Ann Taylor Loft as a settlement and today, d2 and I went to the at store at the Tanger outlet. D2 did not get anything but I picked up 4 pairs of socks from the clearance rack. The $12 voucher made them FREE.

We stopped at CVS and I went in to get the circular. I ended up purchasing 2 Almay Mascaras and 3 boxes of Kleenex tissues @.99 cents each. I used a $4/20 coupon for my purchase. For the mascaras, I used $5 off 15 Almay purchase, $2 /12 make up purchase and $3 mfg coupon off each mascara. My cashier actually put through all my coupons, but their system was slow. In the end, I paid $5.24 OOP and got back $4 in ecr.
    At TJ MaXX I found thank you cards for .30 cents.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  4. mtka

mtka Well-Known Member Trader Group

Picked up that Kroger Friday Freebie cheese, and got a $2 rebate on it from Ibotta. Wasn't going to get it, even for free, but since it was a moneymaker I got it. Also got Planters Peanuts, on sale after mega for $2.49, each package had a $1.50/1 coupon on it, plus got back $1/2 from Ibotta. Not bad for 50¢ a jar. Also got a $15 Arby's gift card, got 60 fuel points from the 4x fuel point coupon and 200 bonus fuel points from an ecoupon!! We get the whole 35 gallons, so $7 worth of fuel discount on a $15 card that we will use.

Sherri1480, Cathy, Jorainna and 2 others like this.
  5. jastwins

On Saturday, at Stop and Shop, I used a free coupon to get Uncle Ben's Jasmine rice for free and paid .70 cents for Sesame oil after coupon for $5.99 off any Ka Me item.

After answering a short survey on the One Voice panel, I earned enough points to cash out for a $5 CVS gc. When my dental check up is over, I will head over to cvs to use a few coupons, esp another $4 /$20 and $4 ecr from my Almay purchase. Also may stop at KoHLS and Walmart if time allows.

Sherri1480, Gardencook, Cathy and 2 others like this.
  6. jastwins

My dentist gave me a free Oral B toothbrush, free tube of Crest toothpaste, a small Listerine MW and a long Oral B Floss pik and extra flossers.
    After the dentist, I went to a shopping center nearby and was able to get a refund on a $5/50 purchase from last week. In the same shopping center was a CVS and I had coupons to use and I was able to get 12 items for $11.93 OOP and got back $1 ecr.. I used a $4/$20, $4 ecr and $5 gc plus other coupons
    These included:

3 Kotex U products & 1 poise liner (75%off),($1 mfg on each, $3/$12 fem prod and b1 g1 50% and the third product was on clearance),
    1 large Crest toothpaste was on clearance 50% off @$2.49 and I had a $2 coupon.
    2 Dove Chocolate hearts were 75% off and cost $1.37 each.
    1Tide pods were $2.94 after sale and coupon.
    1 Sure Deodorant was a MM at $2 on sale, $1.50 coupon and $1 ecr.
    1 Lays Chips were $2.99
    tried a new Snickers (Maple butter) for .29 cents.....not a favorite

At Kohls I found a pair of Lee Jeans for $15 and a pair of dress pants for 90% off making them $4,90. Used my $5 to pay for part of it, so one pair was free. The jeans were my size but short so I will cuff them and wear them since they fit so well. Nothing like trying on over 30 pairs of pants in the past week (in 3 dfferent stores) to finally find one that fits and was as close to perfect as I could get.

Jorainna, Cathy, Sherri1480 and 2 others like this.
  7. Gardencook

Gardencook Well-Known Member Trader Group

Picked up a few free or cheap items the past several days:

We got our Friday free Queso Fresco cheese the other day like @mtka did, although I don't do the rebate sites so it wasn't a mm for us.

Got two bars of Johnson's Baby Soap for 17 cents each. They were on sale for $1.67 and there was a $3/2 digital coupon.

Yesterday we picked up a three-pack of Bic Comfort Razors which were a slight mm after coupon -- $2.79 after mega sale $3.79 before which made the $3 insert coupon work without beeping. We had gotten a couple more packs for 79 cents each earlier using a digital and insert coupon.

Also got three bottles of Suave two-in-one shampoo (one men's and two professional formula.) They were 99 cents after mega sale and we had a $1 digital and two $1 insert coupons.

Had to get DH to crawl on the floor to get the men's shampoo. I asked him to exchange a can of beans after I noticed the lid was dented. While he was gone I noticed what I thought was an empty shelf actually had one single bottle of shampoo pushed clear to the back on the bottom. However, the store is apparently having a shoplifting problem. They've installed a camera and screen right by where I was standing and trying to crawl back to get the shampoo wasn't going to look graceful on that camera! I'm honestly not sure I could have gotten back up after I got down there! :p

Got some Epic Bars free on the mega sale, as well using $1 digital and printable coupons, then they had 50 cent coupons so we paid 49 cents each for the later ones.

Won a free single serve yogurt in the Monopoly game and they gave us a free box of pancake mix on a digital coupon. Picked up a couple InnovAsian single-serve meals for 74 cents each using a digital store coupon with the $2..50/2 insert coupon while we were there.

Jorainna, jcdamomma, Cathy and 2 others like this.
  8. KimShaw

KimShaw ☕♥ I made it to 1,000! ♥☕ Staff Member Moderator Trader Group

Today I had to go to Walgreens to get my medicine. While I was there I got some Xtra Laundry detergent for $0.99 each bought 2 then I bought a box of Band aides that were only $.45. When I got to the register I only had to pay $0.43 out of pocket cause I had $2.00 in rewards so that was good. Then went to Price Rite and they have coupons they send in text message and I got a FREE Starbucks drink. Got a Gatorade Free when you buy 5. Pepsi was 3/ $1.00 each plus some other small deals.

Cathy, Sherri1480, Jorainna and 2 others like this.
  9. jastwins

On my way to D2’s school we stopped at a CT Walmart for a few items she and I needed. Ibotta made 2 small cans of Contadina sauce free ($1 back and 2 cans cost .96 cents) and I finally found the Forto Shot of coffee that is a $1.98 rebate. Two cases of Nestle s water got me back $1.50. I used coupons on dog food and liners and popcorn. Savings catcher sent me $2.97 for my last purchase and I had $50 in gift cards loaded to Walmart pay. My OOP 31 items was $8.09 after coupons and 52.97 in Walmart g c s . Ibotta gave me back $4.73. This purchase put me over the Fetch rewards Threshold for Kimberly Clark products and I got back 10,000 points. My now 12,000 point total will be used for 4 CVS $3 gift cards..

I stopped at CVS and used some soon to expire coupons and bought 4 bio renew Herbal essence shampoo and conditioners. They were on sale 2/$10 and if you spend $20 you get $5 ecr. I used a $6/2 HE , 2.25 off $10 shampoo/ conditioner , $2/6 bio renew, $1 ecr , $3 g c and paid $6.10 OOP for 4 items and received $5 in ecr.

Cathy, Sherri1480, Jorainna and 2 others like this.
  10. jastwins

Ibotta has a $5 online rebate if you spend $5 so I purchased stamps on ebay and used my paypal funds to cover it. When I get my Ibotta $5 credit, I will be able to cash out for a $20 gc.

Also over the weekend in Walmart, I used a coupon to get a free Glade plugin when I purchased a scent to use in this item. Another coupon made a Glade spray free.
    Today, I am printing out the last of my Fetch rewards CVS gc and I have $12 in Gcs to spend on my next shopping trip.

11. mtka

I got quite a few bags of dog food clearanced this week. At Petsmart, they had Wildology bags marked down 75%. Got 2 large bags of that. At Kmart trying to use my points that were expiring, they had a bag of Rachael Ray grain free for 50% off. My herd goes through a large bag a week, so every bit helps.

I wish I got that offer @jastwins , but no online offer on my Ibotta.

Jorainna, KimShaw, Cathy and 3 others like this.
  12. jastwins

Yesterday, I received a $1 back from SAvings Catcher for Sunday's purchase at Walmart.

In the mail, I received coupons from a trade.

After a doctor visit, I went to CVS for medicine I needed and had to go to 2 CVS stores to find Advil cold and sinus that they sell from behind the counter. In the first CVS, I found Crest pro health toothpaste at 75% off and paid $1.18 with tax.

At the second CVS, my headache was worse and I would have shopped more (did not get to use my $6/$30 coupon since it was poorly planned). Still I did well with my ecr and gcs. I bought 32 ct Advil Cold /sinus with decongestant for $17.79, cvs 360 hair ties were 75% off and cost .99 cents, 1/2 gallon of milk, 1 box of Kashi granola bars were 50% off and cost $2.79, Colgate max fresh toothpaste was $1 after red kiosk coupon, and I found the only Cadbury caramel egg in the store and had a coupon from the red kiosk for that, so it was free. The red machine spit out $3 in beauty bucks and I had $5 ecr from my Sunday purchase. I used my Fetch CVS gcs, $12 and paid $2.89 OOP for over $29 worth of stuff.

Should have bought more to use the $6/30 but I just needed to go home.

13. jastwins

This morning, I added a $10 amazon gc to my account from the citi space community. Also, with yesterday's purchase at the IGA, I earned another $3 CVS Gc that I will print out today..

I told Crankie to bring me his Allegra allergy medicine that he gets for free due to medical coverage he receives for working on the 9/11 debris site. My allergies are starting early this year and I will be on the lookout for sales and I already have some coupons.

14. jastwins

After checking with D1 on how much allergy medicine she had left, I decided to buy some yesterday so she does not run out of it. Crankie will bring me his Allegra and at CVS yesterday, they had Zyrtec on sale. I also needed triple AAA batteries since our thermostat was flashing low battery. CVS had B1G1 half off on Duracell batteries, so i picked up 2 packed of 8 ct that cost $10.99 each. JTB water 24 ct was $2.49 and I bought 2. In the toothbrush display, I found a 4 pk of Oral B toothbrushes on 75% clearance and bought a pack. At checkout, I was happy to see an online coupon loaded to my cvs card took off a $1.
    The cashier could not put through a $4/20 allergy purchase and lowered the cost of my Zyrtec bonus pack (30 count that gave you 10 extra for 40 pills) from $19.99 to $15.99. I also stacked a $4 mfg coupon. From earlier this week, I used a $6/30 coupon and a $3 Fetch gc to pay $30.37 OOP for 2 packs of batteries, 2 packs of water, Zyrtec and oral 4 pk toothbrushes. Not the best deal ever but good enough.

15. flowerkitty

flowerkitty Super Swapper Trader Group

I picked up a nice card from the Just Because card line for free at The Hallmark store Friday for the Free Card Friday giveaway - available for Gold Crown members.
    There is 1 more Friday event this month 3/22 .
    The program is from 2/22-3/22.
    ...the cashier said the program would return in June.

16. jastwins

D1 and I went shopping and stopped by CVS. I bought her 2 Joah cosmetics that had a spend $10 get $8 ecr so we found a display with $1.00 coupons to use. We chose a concealer and a lip pencil and spent $9.95 oop after coupons and did get $8 ecr back.
    My next purchase included a 10.3 oz can of Folger's black silk coffee for $2.14 after 50% off and $1.00 coupon. Four bottles of L'Oreal shampoo/conditioner were $6 after sale, 1 mfg coupon, 1 digital coupon and CVS coupon. D1 wanted Annie's microwave mac and cheese, for $3.99 (no sale). I found Ivarest spray on clearance for $2.12. My OOP for this order after coupons and using $8 ecr was $7.34 for 7 items and I earned $5 in ecr.

17. jastwins

I used 2 more credits from the AnnTaylor loft settlement and paid $1.88 for 2 shirts and an umbrella, all on clearance.
    Tomorrow, I plan to take D1 there, after an appt. and she will hopefully find a suit or a jacket and pants she needs for college. She has to interview for a scholarship and is planning to head to Guatemala for 2 weeks in May/June with her teacher and other students to help teach skills and English.

18. mtka

Got some potatoes at Walmart, they still cost 48¢ after the coupons.com app rebate. Man produce is really high at Walmart. Went to Kroger and got 4 nail files and a nail clipper for under a $1 total after 5x coupon. They had some big bags of Crave cat food in the markdown bin, so got 2 of those. Picked up 4 boxes of Keebler crackers, all free after 5x and KFR rewards coupons. About to apply for a $5 rebate from bud for groceries totaling $50. Slow day.

jcdamomma, Jorainna and jastwins like this.
  19. Fillies Fan

Fillies Fan International Man of Mystery! Trader Group

Thanks to a phishing scam, I will be getting my email free from now on. I have been paying about $3.50 a month for it for the last 20 years or so. When I first signed up for it, I got it as part of a package from my internet provider. I no longer use that provider to get online but have that email address listed at many places and am too lazy to change it.

Yesterday, I received an email telling me that I have to upgrade my account and that if I don't it will be closed. It provided a link I could click on but I was very suspicious about it -- why would an Israeli provider send me a letter in English?

To be certain, however, I phoned them. They checked my account and told me the letter is a fake. Then they asked if I still use them to get online and I said I did not, I just use the email. In that case, they told me, I can keep sending/receiving email but I will no longer be charged anything for it.

I now wish I had gotten that phishing email about 10 years ago!

20. jastwins

Yesterday I took d1 shopping to the outlets and she wanted to stop in Charlotte Russe first. The chain is going out of business and she found some great deals there. There is 40% off regular prices items and 50% off boots and shoes.
    She found 10 pieces of clothing and 1 pair of boots for $67 dollars with tax. Not bad.
    Over at Loft by Ann Taylor, it took a while, but we found a blazer that fit her perfectly. I used 2 vouchers from a settlement to pay $6.50 for the blazer. D2 found pants that fit and 2 pairs of socks that was $2.50 OOP for all three after clearance prices and she also used 2 $12 vouchers to pay for her order. Loved what she bought and was glad we got ther in time after she took too long in Charlotte Russe.
    In CVS there had been a make up promotion that I did not pay attention to but I earned $9 in beauty bucks for D1 buying makeup. I bought 2 Maybelline baby lips and 1 70 count Zyrtec on sale for $34.99.

I used $3 off Maybelline
    $4/$18 allergy purchase
    $6 off Zyrtec allergy medicine
    $$14 in ecr
    and paid $17.39 oop for everything and got $5 in ecr.

Moderators: KimShaw