What are you getting cheap or free in July?

Discussion in 'Living The Frugal Life' started by vickib50, Jul 1, 2017.

1. jastwins

jastwins Well-Known Member Trader Group

At the beach you have to wait for a person to approach you to pay for the fee $4, to rent a lounge chair. I had my money ready twice, but no person ever showed up. Free lounge chairs for 2 days we were at the beach. I even went to a nearby drink stand to ask, but the guy would not take the money. He told me someone would show up, but that did not happen. We have one more day in Croatia and head back to the good old USA on Monday.

Green is Gold and jcdamomma like this.
  2. vickib50

vickib50 Well-Known Member Trader Group

There's only one thing better than going on a fabulous vacation; going home.

jcdamomma and jastwins like this.
  3. vickib50

CVS: Whole Blends shampoo, reg $4.79 on sale for 2/$7 and buy 3 get a $3 ECB.

(4) Whole Blends. $14.00-$8.00-$3.00 ECB+.60 tax=$3.60 OOP for (4) bottles and received $3 ECB

Also bought 3 small M&M's 3/$3-$1 ECB coupon=$2 and received $1 ECB

jcdamomma and jastwins like this.
  4. vickib50

I loathe apps, but, modern things take the lead. I had a GC of $35.XX for Starbucks and you know, you have to "flash" your smartphone to pay for stuff anymore. About 3 weeks ago, I awoke from a nap, picked up my phone to check messages, and I saw a flash of, "you have successfully transferred your balance of $35.XX to..." and that is all I saw. Then, it said, "if you did not initiate this transaction, email or call...". So, I emailed. Waited a few days, didn't receive an answer. Called. Explained. Was told it would be investigated and I'd be advised. Time ticks. I emailed again today. Got a call. It seems it was transferred to an unregistered card that I had a long time ago. Better still, that unregistered card had $80.XX on it! So, I now have $115.XX in Starbucks money for their swill.

jastwins, jcdamomma and Cathy like this.
  5. jastwins

Today's frees: 1 Uncle Ben s rice pouch
    1 Braille ready past pouch
    2 idahoan mashed potatoes pouches

2 dozen land o lakes eggs. .99 cents each

At staples. 3 pk bic highlighters. .50 cents. 1 inch binders. $1 on clearance

jcdamomma likes this.
  6. jastwins

At k mart, I used surprise points to get a 6 pack of ladies no show socks for .85 cents. More surprise points get me 2 towels for $3 plus tax. I just earned another 9, 000 surprise points and will pick up 2 more towels today. The twins will use them for college and they leave in a month.

jcdamomma likes this.