What are you getting Cheap or Free in JULY 2021?

Gardencook

Trader Group
Today seems to be a hand soap kind of day @flowerkitty ! Stores seem to be overstocked on all the supplies that people couldn't get their hands on a year ago. We've gotten free hand sanitizer at our one store twice now. Apparently, giving it away is the only way they can move it.

I got into a bit more of a deal than I really wanted today, but what do you do when you're a cheapskate? ;)

Today was a double fuel points day and I wanted to get to the stores early hoping for a few markdowns, but that didn't happen.

After the purchases we needed to make, we still needed a few dollars to make it to the next fuel level before the end of the month. On a clearance table I found 8-ounce bottles of hand soap -- same brand, but some were marked 25 cents and some were marked 29 cents. When I did the math, if we bought the 25 cent ones it would bring us to exactly to the level we needed so I figured we might as well stock up -- after all, $1 for 32 ounces of hand soap is a really good deal.

However, when we got the register, the cashier (one of our favorites) commented on what a great deal it was. A previous customer bought a bunch and it turned out they were on sale in the register -- buy two, get one free. That made the soap 48 ounces for a dollar!

Of course I also cringed a bit, because the free bottles meant we weren't going to have enough in purchases to get to the next fuel level.

After checking out, I tried to think of something quick to send DH back for, but I could tell he was still completely confused by the B2G1 deal -- which was apparently exacerbated by the fact he thought I was buying WAY too much hand sanitizer without realizing it was soap. :rolleyes: (It would sure help if husbands would listen -- or at least READ -- once in a while, wouldn't it?)

Anyway, in the end, I grabbed my purse from the cart and sent him to the car with the groceries, then I grabbed another cart and headed back into the store to find three dollars worth of groceries -- which was all we needed since it was double points today. I wasn't going to let a fuel reward slip away over that paltry amount.

I finally ended up purchasing the bottles that were marked 29 cents, figuring it was still a good deal. However, even that left us 10 cents shy of three dollars, so they had a bunch of single serve almond bags on the table marked down to 49 cents each. I figured one of those was a good enough deal to suffice.

However, at the register, the 29 cent bottles rang in at 25 cents just like the others. Instead of being comfortably over the three dollar mark, the slight price difference almost left me a little shy again! Thankfully, the almonds did push us 10 cents over and we made the next fuel level.

I REALLY didn't set out to buy that much hand soap today, but in the end it only cost us eight dollars and did get us to the threshold we needed for the next fuel reward. At least we won't need to buy hand soap for a VERY long time -- especially if they decide to put us in lockdown again.

Last edited:

flowerkitty

Super Swapper
Trader Group
Today seems to be a hand soap kind of day @flowerkitty ! Stores seem to be overstocked on all the supplies that people couldn't get their hands on a year ago. We've gotten free hand sanitizer at our one store twice now. Apparently, giving it away is the only way they can move it.

I got into a bit more of a deal than I really wanted today, but what do you do when you're a cheapskate? ;)

Today was a double fuel points day and I wanted to get to the stores early hoping for a few markdowns, but that didn't happen.

After the purchases we needed to make, we still needed a few dollars to make it to the next fuel level before the end of the month. On a clearance table I found 8-ounce bottles of hand soap -- same brand, but some were marked 25 cents and some were marked 29 cents. When I did the math, if we bought the 25 cent ones it would bring us to exactly to the level we needed so I figured we might as well stock up -- after all, $1 for 32 ounces of hand soap is a really good deal.

However, when we got the register, the cashier (one of our favorites) commented on what a great deal it was. A previous customer bought a bunch and it turned out they were on sale in the register -- buy two, get one free. That made the soap 48 ounces for a dollar!

Of course I also cringed a bit, because the free bottles meant we weren't going to have enough in purchases to get to the next fuel level.

After checking out, I tried to think of something quick to send DH back for, but I could tell he was still completely confused by the B2G1 deal -- which was apparently exacerbated by the fact he thought I was buying WAY too much hand sanitizer without realizing it was soap. :rolleyes: (It would sure help if husbands would listen -- or at least READ -- once in a while, wouldn't it?)

Anyway, in the end, I grabbed my purse from the cart and sent him to the car with the groceries, then I grabbed another cart and headed back into the store to find three dollars worth of groceries -- which was all we needed since it was double points today. I wasn't going to let a fuel reward slip away over that paltry amount.

I finally ended up purchasing the bottles that were marked 29 cents, figuring it was still a good deal. However, even that left us 10 cents shy of three dollars, so they had a bunch of single serve almond bags on the table marked down to 49 cents each. I figured one of those was a good enough deal to suffice.

However, at the register, the 29 cent bottles rang in at 25 cents just like the others. Instead of being comfortably over the three dollar mark, the slight price difference almost left me a little shy again! Thankfully, the almonds did push us 10 cents over and we made the next fuel level.

I REALLY didn't set out to buy that much hand soap today, but in the end it only cost us eight dollars and did get us to the threshold we needed for the next fuel reward. At least we won't need to buy hand soap for a VERY long time -- especially if they decide to put us in lockdown again.

@Gardencook (It would sure help if husbands would listen -- or at least READ -- once in a while, wouldn't it?)
This made me smile & is so true!

Great deal!