What are you getting Cheap or Free in JULY 2021?

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
It is hot and miserable, so I will keep this short and sweet. My shopping excursions will be few and far between with my job keeping me on my island. So I will look forward to reading about your deals each day. Keep 'em coming.
Stay cool and hydrated. Happy Fourth a bit early...

jastwins

Trader Group
Today, I received a $5 gc from an educator panel I participted last month. I chose an amazon gc.
An email told me that I will receive a $20 gc from SBKC for May. Hope they send it out this month.
Another email told me I earned $5 Kohls cash, good until the end of July.

flowerkitty

Super Swapper
Trader Group
I returned an item I bought from Amazon to Kohl’s this morning. Along with my printed confirmation I received a $5.00 off any purchase in store at Kohl’s good for 1 week. I looked around and found a nice 3 wick candle on clearance for $5.99. I spent $1.09 .
I was surprised by the amount of empty space and extra room between aisles. I felt merchandise selection was slim.

bugweena

Trader Group
We spent the weekend with my BIL and SIL. My SIL likes to shop the way I do--thrift stores and dollar type stores. I found a few goodies to help decorate our new sunroom. It hasn't passed final inspection so I don't want to put any thing in it yet. I used a $10/$30 big lots coupon.

jastwins

Trader Group
I cashed out 1000 points on receipt hog and opted for $5. PayPal
I used $25Amazon g c towards a birthday gift
for my mIL who is visiting from Arizona .

lots of food left from out big July 4th bbq.
no food shopping the rest of this month.

Gardencook

Trader Group
We spent an exhausting week hitting some sites we've wanted to see for years. Already explained some of that in the "Watcha Doing?" thread Unfortunately, lodging prices are ASTRONOMICAL among the wealthy this year. It took a lot of research and planning , but we did manage to make the trip affordable. Needless to say VERY little of it was free, however, there were a few things.

We got free admission to the Teton Valley Balloon Rally -- but had to pay $15 for parking.

We also got free admission to Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks using DH's National Parks Pass. The Earthquake Lake Visitor Center run by the Forest Service was also free.

We had a fuel card which we got with rewards programs before COVID hit. We had filled the car with it once before the pandemic. It has been sitting in my wallet for the past year, since we haven't been doing much traveling. Gas is pretty much the same price at every station in West Yellowstone, so we used the card to get a free tank of gas to head Yellowstone. Then when we got back there was only $11.99 left on the card, so we used it to add enough fuel to the tank to get us back home today.

Not only was our last motel REALLY reasonably-priced compared to the competition, but the fellow actually had his ice machine running! Haven't seen that since COVID began. We got free ice and didn't have to buy it when we left for home this morning. When we got the ice, we also noticed he had a brand new washer and dryer which were free for guests -- had we been desperate for laundry that would have been handy.

We used a B1G1 coupon for brown rice bowls for dinner in another city on the way home tonight.

We stopped at Kohl's to buy some jeans/capris on the way to Driggs, Idaho last week. I had a $5 reward expiring that day. The store had the prices on the jeans messed up which created confusion. I earned $10 in Kohl's Cash and the clerk gave me another $10 for the trouble. Thankfully, the dates worked so we didn't have to make a special trip and could stop today, but as @jastwins mentioned, there really wasn't much in stock. There was an additional 20 percent off with a code on the Kohl's Cash, but I had a hard time getting to the $25 I needed to spend it all.

Finally ended up buying one unique t-shirt and two identical ones along with a pillow just to get the total high enough. The tops came to about $1.27 each and the pillow rang up as something like 94 cents -- about $5 total, which we paid with a gift card on which we earned 4 times fuel points for purchasing.

Last edited:

jastwins

Trader Group
Well my day started really early with all the smoke detectors going off at 3:00 am. It seems they are all 10 years old and they have reached their useful life. I tried replacing the batteries but it did not work for all of them. There was no smoke or fire and I did stay up while my girls and MIL went back to bed. Today I was to get up at 5:30 am to get d3 to another town to catch the early ferry to CT. After dropping off D3, I headed to Walmart about 45 mins away. Thankfully they were one of a few stores open that early. I went to Mcdonalds on the way for breakfast and ended up on a detour later due to a large number of bicyclists on some kind of trip. It was nice to go early to Walmart and I found the batteries I needed (9 volt and also needed double AA), found d1 her face wash (used coupons.com for a $3 rebate), picked up milk, eggs, yogurt and ricotta. I did get .70 cents back from Ibotta for my yogurt purchases. Also posted my receipt to Receipt Pal, fetch and Receipt hog.
Since I was very tired, I only stopped at CVS and found some deals and used some extra bucks d3 earned for buying suntan lotion products yesterday. I picked up 2 boxes of Dunkin Donuts coffee pods on sale for $4.99 each, used a $2/$8 coffee purchase on my app, Charmin TP was on sale for $4.99 and I used a $1 app coupon, Nature's bounty vitamins were b1g1 ($11.99 each) and I had a $2 coupon on my app and $6 off $22 vitamins on my app. CVS sent me a b1g1 digital coupon for their brand of vitamins and I picked up more Vitamin D $10.79 per bottle . I used $15.34 in ecr that I sent to my card and the cost of the vitamins came $3.02 for all 4 after digital coupons. My OOP inc tax was $7.04 for everything.
I could have gotten a great deal on toothpaste, but the red kiosk would not print my coupons and the shelves were not tagged, so I headed home since I was exhausted. '
I stopped at IGA on my Island and I used $11.55 in bottle receipts to get free a roll of 3m packing tape, a birthday card and a newspaper. Once home, I took a well needed nap. All the alarms will be replaced this week.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Trying to get back in the swing of things after our trip. The other night I noticed I had a free digital coupon for a free 10-pack of hand wipes I could load to my card. They used to send an email when we got a free in the past, but either I missed it or they've stopped that. We did pick up our free pack of wipes today, but I'm going to have to keep a much better eye on the coupon list in the future to see if I've been missing something I knew nothing about!

Gardencook

Trader Group
Went into Big Lots today to use a 20 percent off coupon. Bought several other items, but did find five boxes of Triscuits that hadn't sold on clearance. They had taken another markdown and after the coupon we got them for 40 cents a box.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Went to GNC this afternoon. I had three $5 rewards expiring in a few days. Picked up a bag of Organic Beet Powder for $1.99 after rewards. I'm sure it will be too strong to drink straight, but thought we'd try it in smoothies.

DH needed to stop into the grocery store and on our way out they had a display of small hand sanitizer they were offering customers for free. Apparently, they're now overloaded on the stuff and can't get rid of it all so decided to give it away.

DH and I each picked up a bottle, so two free bottles.

jastwins

Trader Group
I used a $5 Kohl’s coupon to buy 2 tank tops that were not my first choice, but pickings were mighty slim. The store is being renovated to include a Sephora make up store counter and they have shifted many areas displaced by construction. Clearance racks have almost disappeared and what they had was not to my liking. After using $5 and 15% I paid 9.76 for 2 Croft and Barrow tanks, on sale for $7.99.
The bath and body works store was relocated due to a store renovation and it was now across the parking lot. I used mailer coupons to get a free wallflower fragrance and a discounted body cream for $6.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Took advantage of a few deals on the last day of sales today.

One store offered me another 10-pack of hand wipes again this week.

Also found some decent meat on markdown. Got two packages of chicken fajitas, one marked down to $5.07 the other to about $4.87. They also had a package of beef carne asada which came to a little more than $4 after markdown. The fajitas were Buy one, get one free so $5.07 total for both packs. With the carne asada the total came to $9.42 for the meat, but we had a reward coupon for $7/$7 in meat so we spent $2.42 total for all three packs.

jastwins

Trader Group
I used a $5 Amazon g c from my Community app and ordered a bag holder from Amazon. In my suv, there’s is a large center console and nowhere to put my purse so I will try out the bag holder to see if my purse fits.
On qvc I had a $25 credit from a return and finally decided to get a clearance 6 pack of breezies cotton underwear. I used the 5 easy pay option on the $9.90 balance and will pay $1,90 per month.
I was finally credited 381 points from Swagbucks for a hotels . Com purchase in April.
It finally brought me over 2200 points and I ordered a $25 g c for the children’s place.
I had a swag up from a recent game and 55 point birthday credit so the g c cost me just 2100 points. I will pair it with a $10/$40 email from the children’s place and buy a gift for my great niece.

Last edited:

jastwins

Trader Group
At work, I use the expensive 22 oz hydro flask drinking cup my daughter bought me last year and drink the water from the cooler. Great spring water and I am not using plastic water bottles from home. I am trying to walk to and from work, weather permitting, and am still saving on gas and ferry tickets.

flowerkitty

Super Swapper
Trader Group
At Walgreens this morning I was able to pick up 4 packages of Huggies diapers with the sale, digital coupons, a paper coupon, a paper spend $35 get $7 Walgreens cash booster and I got back a $5 register reward.
My grand total was $9 plus tax after figuring all the discounts.

jastwins

Trader Group
Last night we went to CVS and Walmart. At CVS I used a digital coupon for a free 50 ct CVS acetaminophen and got it free. Snack boxes of nabisco cookies were b1g1 and I got 4 free.
I will submit my Walmart receipts to SB for a few points. Also submitted to ReceiptPal, receipt hog , fetch and ck out 51.

Last edited:

jastwins

Trader Group
I earned $10 from the measure protocol app and directed it to my PayPal account. I earned .$3.50 from my 1Q app in the last week and it was also credited to my PayPal account.
on receipt pal I cashed out for a $5 Amazon card.

flowerkitty

Super Swapper
Trader Group
I had a Walgreens $5 register reward that expires tomorrow (I have read that sometimes on the day of expiration they scan as expired)...& I wanted to use it.
All of the items I had on my list for the deal I wanted to do were either out of stock or simply not stocked at that store.
I found bottles of hand soap & hand sanitizer (all made in the USA ) that were on various end caps around the store on clearance for .25 each. The regular price on most of them was up to $4.95.
I bought 21 bottles for a grand total of.27 after my rr.
Just in case anyone is worried, I did NOT clear the shelves.
My husband was quite happy with my purchases!