What are you getting Cheap or FREE in January 2021?

bugweena

Trader Group
@jastwins Does your doctor require an office visit to renew prescriptions? :(. That is crazy. Can you check and see how many refills you have left and when you have your next appointment have the doc authorize a refill? I would think that for maintenance prescriptions that would be doable. With our insurance mail order (3 month supply) is the default and if you have a one-time prescription you get it filled locally.

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
The only dr that requires my girls come into the office for a prescription renewal is the gynecologist. Sadly, they call in the prescription to the wrong pharmacy since D2 told the CVS was fine when it was not. It took a week of phone calls to get them to phone in her prescription to Walgreens. The walgreens location I am forced to use is very busy and lines are long, plus we are in a pandemic. Once I had to wait 30 minutes on line just to enter the store to get a prescription, and then wait on line at the pharmacy again.
However, my insurance covers in full the office visit and their 3 month prescriptions. So you pick and choose your battles. I never used mail order since the girls were at school and the timing would have been off with them being home or at school. Also, I do not like having my credit card info on file with the mail order companies. They kept sending my dad medication we told them not to send and just charging their credit card. A racket for sure.

Gardencook

Trader Group
We decided it was time we got out of town for a while yesterday. We don't have a Natural Grocers, but they do an hour away and they were holding a resolutions celebration yesterday. You got a free shopping bag and an eight ounce bag of almonds with purchase.

Picked up a couple pizzas for an SB deal while we were there. Paid a little more than two dollars for two pizzas with tax after the deal credited -- and it got us to second goal quickly.

Of course, that store had the other brand of pizzas I tried to get here a couple days ago, but SB lowered the value of the offer so that it really isn't worth doing any longer.

Last edited:

flowerkitty

Super Swapper
Trader Group
Free Select Small Bags of Canidae dog food
($19.99)
Any one 7 lb. bag.
Excludes Canidae All Life Stages, Canidae PURE and Canidae Under the Sun.
*Customer must pay sales tax. While supplies last.
Must be pals reward member
I picked the chicken flavor up today...the shelf was full.

Last edited:

flowerkitty

Super Swapper
Trader Group
I also went to Dollar General today. Christmas items are marked down to .25 each.
Some of the highlights from the 2 stores I stopped at include: apple scented candle with evergreen decorations, pkg of small food storage containers,
Holiday ziplock bags, 9’ green extension cords, notepads, dual air wick holiday scented oil refills, gingerbread cookies, green / white zip ties, Children’s books, ribbon,cord, gift bags, napkins,stockings,peppermint candies,popcorn balls, pkg. of cards to hold money/gift cards,garland,any many other items.
I picked up some of the dual air wick holiday scented oil refills. I had 2-$1.50/1 coupons for those and was able to use that overage on other items.

Last edited:

Gardencook

Trader Group
Got three bottles of Arm & Hammer Scent Booster yesterday at Walmart. They retail for $3.97 and SB has an in store offer for 1,200 SB -- $12 wyb three -- basically a three cent money maker before sales tax.

After sales tax we paid 63 cents total for three bottles -- almost free.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Picked up a single bag of Pictsweet veggies today for 25 cents. They were on sale this week for $1.00 and we had a 75 cent insert coupon.

We also got Yoplait yogurt for about 23 cents each. They were on sale for 33 cents each and coupons took 10 cents off of each one -- we had both 50 cents on five and $1.00 on 10.

There is a Catalina deal going at some stores, but I don't know if it is good at the store we shopped today.

The coupons have been a pain lately, so to be safe we did separate transactions rather than have the register beep if we tried more than one coupon -- even if we bought the right number of yogurts.

In order to do the Cat deal you must purchase at least $5.00 worth of yogurt in one transaction -- making it virtually impossible to stack with coupons if you can only use one.

However, the store with the confirmed Cat deal was charging 50 cents on the sale that went off today, so I figured the other store was still a better deal without the Cat when yogurt was three for one dollar there.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Used a B1G1 milkshake coupon on the way home from shopping today. It was going to expire Sunday, so use it or lose it.

We got a box of granola bars on mega sale for 29 cents after digital coupon and a carton of almond milk was 24 cents after digital coupon.

A large bottle of mouthwash was $1.99 after mega and digital coupon expiring today.

A BIG bottle of Tresemme' Shampoo was 99 cents after mega sale and a digital coupon that was expiring today. I hadn't planned to buy it, but was having a really hard time finding enough items to make sure we made the next fuel level.

Last edited:

jastwins

Trader Group
It was 12 degrees this morning and I wore my free bank hat as I took temperatures for the arriving students. I never wear a hat but was glad I did today.
Twin pre k 4 brothers gave me a holiday gift and it was a lovely surprise. It was an adorable teacup and an assortment of tea in a cute box. I kept 5 teabags and the cup while D3 took the rest of tea to school with her.
Today’s mail brought a sample box from Target. It contains 3 medicine samples , tissues and a floor wipe.
On SB, I finally earned enough points to get a $25 Amazon g c and let D3 use it to buy some things fir her dorm. She also won a $15 Amazon g c by joining a water challenge for drinking 100 ounces each day for a week.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Decided to pick up a few more things at the store where we were almost to another reward level. I've got a coupon for 2x points on meat and another for 3x points on purchases and they seemed to give us both coupons on the meat we purchased Friday -- which was a pleasant surprise. Points add up pretty quickly that way.

We made enough purchases to get to the next reward level and when we got home I cashed out the two rewards expiring today with some that won't expire until the end of next month for coupons good on $7 on meat and $2 off on bakery. That should get us some decent deals next month.

On the way home we stopped to use our last B1G1 milkshake coupon which expired today.

jastwins

Trader Group
From my WAlmart purchase for D2 I was able to submit my receipt to Coupons.com for a $2.25 refund that was sent to my paypal account. I also received .20 cents from Ibotta. My Walmart receipt from D3s shopping trip earned my 674 point for all my purchases. All my receipts from this past week have been uploaded to Receipt pal and Receipt hog.

flowerkitty

Super Swapper
Trader Group
I forgot to mention I picked up 2- boxes of the
Signature Ferraro Golden Gallery ($5 each) for the SB promo.
At that time it was 1000pts back -so they worked out to be free. I am always leery about doing these deals...often it drops before I get a chance to upload my receipt or disappears altogether.
It worked out this time. That finishes valentines shopping...so it was a double win.

Gardencook

Trader Group
I forgot to mention I picked up 2- boxes of the
Signature Ferraro Golden Gallery ($5 each) for the SB promo.
At that time it was 1000pts back -so they worked out to be free. I am always leery about doing these deals...often it drops before I get a chance to upload my receipt or disappears altogether.
It worked out this time. That finishes valentines shopping...so it was a double win.

Our store never had the Ferraro when we checked -- just a big empty spot where they were supposed to be. That's pretty much par for our area. :(

However, when the discount grocery had regular-sized candy bars on clearance for 20 for $1 last week, we got a very few individual packs with three Ferraro candies each. Guess that was a consolation prize.

Haven't eaten any of the Ferraro yet. They had Butterfinger, Snickers, Reese's, Raisinets and a few packages of plain and peanut M&Ms -- many of which will probably get eaten first.