What are you getting Cheap or FREE in February 2020?

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
Today was the day both my carepass rewards posted and nothing messed it up....Yeah!
I tried to do a deal on SB but my receipt was rejected and I put it up for review. Last 2 receipts were rejected and Sb frustrates me to no end.
I found a good stock of boxed Nabisco cookies , on sale for a $1 and bought 6 boxes. I bought a box of Cap N crunch on sale for $1.99 and later realized I left my coupon bag in the car. As I checked out the clearance in each aisle, I found a 12 oz CVS body wash and cleared the shelf of all 7 that cost me .52 cents each. I haven't done that in a while, but we have no more body wash and it was too good to pass up today. In the same aisle, they had an exfoliating scrub puff and after it rang up full price, the MOD adjusted it for me. My total OOP with tax for the first order was $2.79 after carepass $10 was applied and I purchased 15 items.
For my second order, I found some Goya items at 50% off and picked up 2 cans of pink beans for .75 cents each and chocolate wafer cookies for .69 cents. Next on my list was JTB water, 24 pack for $2.99 plus bottle dep and tax. I had gone to my car to retrieve the coupon for the Cap N Crunch bought one more box for $1.99. I picked 5 candy bars for the SB deal and realized that my carepass lowered the price so that is why it did not work. My OOP for 11 items was $5.12 after applying a digital cereal coupon, my mfg coupon and $10 carepass on my second account.
I am contemplating cancelling the carepass since CVS has not been sending great coupons to my card and mistakes have been made with the carepass not being applied properly. Just add it to my list of things to do.
At TJ Maxx I used my 2 gift cards to buy an over the door rack, on clearance $5, 2 cards $1 each, 2 cleaning wipes, on clearance for $3.50 each,
2 bags of Deep River chips were $2 each, a bag of gummies was $4 all on clearance, a Nike top in my size was $3, Body lotion, 32 oz was on clearance for $5, and wool dryer balls were $6.99. My OOP after gift cards was $2.73.
On the way home, I used my app to get fries for $1 at McD. I am loading my receipts to receipt pal and receipt hog and I already cashed out for a $5 amazon gc from Receipt pal.

Gardencook

Trader Group
DH has been talking endlessly about a wristwatch for more than a week, but with most of our department stores closed and with everyone using cell phones, watches are getting to be tough to find. We checked a few stores that we happened to be going to anyway, but they didn't sell them any longer. Hated to make a special trip to Walmart just for that.

This week we took our discounted $25 SB gift card to Walmart to transfer to our plastic card.

We picked up a couple boxes of tea for $1.35 total after tax and SB offer. Then we remembered the watches and they had a bunch of nice ones on clearance for $7.00 each. Each watch came with at least one and some had two extra watch bands. Since DH is really hard on watch bands, that was ideal for him.

He picked two watches and we paid for both the tea and the watches with gift cards we'd earned through reward programs, so no money OOP -- but that pretty well took care of the $25 we added to our card. ;)

Last edited:

jastwins

Trader Group
Yesterday I shopped at King Kullen on my lunch hour and was able to pick up some sale items. Barilla pasta was on sale for .89 cents a box limit 4 so I picked up 4. I found a marked down package of chop meat so that was dinner for last night for me and D1 ( spicy hamburgers). My best deal was a 54 ounce Chobani Oat milk for .99 cents after sale and double coupon.
I uploaded my receipts and cashed out $5 PayPal from receipt hog.

jastwins

Trader Group
I was able to complete a Facebook Viewpoints task and was awarded $5 paypal. Drivers Connections sent me a monthly participation award and I applied the $10 Amazon gc to my account. An email from earlier this month awarded me a free 8x8 book from shutterfly.

jastwins

Trader Group
Today at my bank job, I was able to get free gift via an email that had been sent around Christmas time. My link for any gift choosing had expired and after a couple of back and forth emails, I finally chose an 11.6 inch HP Chromebook as my gift. Yes!!! a computer for free!!! It will be shipped to my home and I am looking forward to having my own computer instead of relying on my work computer. The other choices included a 12 mo coffee subscription, air pods, keurig machines, a computer desk and an AirBNB gc. I was impressed with the choices, and I made the best choice for me.

After work, I went to King Kullen and picked up some sale items. I used my $20 visa gc from SBKC to pay for part of it. On sale they had b1 g2 free on Tide detergent and Iike the selection of the scents available in this store. I paid $8.97 for 3. Sirloin steaks were on sale $3.99/lb and I picked up 2 packages that became dinner for me, d1 and her boyfriend. Grown in Idaho frozen potatoes were on sale $2.50 and I bought one and submitted to ckout 51 for a .75 cent rebate. Blue diamond almond milk was on sale for $2.99 and I had a coupon that was doubled making it .99 cents. I had a .50 cent coupon for TurkeyHill lemonade making it $2.19 after the coupon was doubled. I picked up a store brand 1 qt broth, on sale 2 for $3 and chose 1 beef and 1 chicken. Arizona Iced tea was $2.99 and I also bought garlic and bananas. A five pound bag of potatoes were on sale for $1.99. My OOP after coupons and Visa gc was $15.44 for everything.
I also returned 2 items to TJ maxx and got $7.60 back in my checking account.

flowerkitty

Super Swapper
Trader Group
I stopped at CVS and picked up a free lip balm with a coupon that I got in the app - I chose Burt’s Bees for $3.99 (I have been applying lip balm everything time I go outside this winter).
I also had a 40% off coupon plus a $2 off $12 mouthwash coupon that I used on a closys mouthwash which made it $7.49 before tax. (Originally$14.49)I think that is really good. I can’t find manufacturer coupons for it.

jastwins

Trader Group
Crankie’s cleaning out the left over lumber from his garage project. We are using the leftover wood in our fireplace and have filled up 2 18 gallon totes with the pieces. Free heat and wood not wasted. It also helps clean up the garage. We will definitely use the wood we chopped up over the summer since this is such a cold winter.

mtka

Trader Group
Finally got to town after the ice/snow storms. Picked up my free lotion at BBW, no purchase required. Got a 2 pack of headlight bulbs for the tractor for $3 at Batteries Plus, amazon wanted $7 for one. Got a nice lunch at BK, bacon cheeseburger for my mom and a free kid's meal for me! Cost about $1.50 for both of us and we have a chug of milk to use later. Finally found the B1G1 free chicken at Kroger, found 2 packs that were over $5, got $1.50 back from Ibotta and will submit for a NBPR rebate. Got a cute bouquet of flowers for $1.99 there. Was hoping for some markdown bulb flowers for the NBPR rebate, but will try another store this week. Got some sponges, 3 pack for $1.09 in the clearance section. Got a pack of valentine's cookies for 50% off at Walmart, only bought 3 things there and one was a full priced soda to drink. Also picked up a prescription for the cat at Kroger, I love goodrx!

Also, finally got invited to the Amazon Shopping Panel. Joined the waitlist about 4-5 months ago. Already scanned 10 receipts and will get $10 amazon gc next week! If you aren't a member, I suggest getting on the waiting list.

jastwins

Trader Group
@mtka I am also on the shopping panel for Amazon and they sometimes send short surveys to do. My gc for next month will be $11.00 and it is the easiest thing I have ever done to get a $10 amazon gc, The app works well for me.