What are you getting Cheap or Free in August 2020?

Discussion in 'The Daily Frugal: Living Life Pennywise' started by jastwins, Aug 1, 2020 at 6:35 AM.

Moderators: KimShaw
  1. jastwins

jastwins ※Kaboom!・:・:・゜ Trader Group

Welcome to August and our crazy summer pandemic is now spreading through many other states. In my state reopening has been slow, masks are mandatory in stores and there is a national change shortage.
    My twins are headed back to college with lots of new rules and I may only accompany one girl to her building but not enter. Sad.
    If you find any deals out there let us know. If you have change in a jar, roll it up and take it to a bank or business. One Chick Fil A offered a free sandwich for a roll of quarters.
    7-11 offered free slurpee for rolled change. Go figure!!
    There are back to school sales, but are the kids in your state going back to school? Look for summer clearance and post your finds. I look forward to reading your posts.

Jorainna likes this.
  2. jastwins

jastwins ※Kaboom!・:・:・゜ Trader Group

I used my Swagbucks points to order a $25 Amazon g c for 2200 points. It credited instantly and is applied to my account. We will be using it to order food items and supplies for d1 for college. She leaves in 3 weeks.

Jorainna likes this.
  3. Gardencook

Gardencook Well-Known Member Trader Group

Headed across town today for a big shopping trip. They've been offering better deals lately, so we've been shopping there more.

They offered us a free package of frozen herb cubes over the weekend so we picked up a package of ginger cubes today. That will be handy to have in the freezer for stir-fries.

The store only had garlic, cilantro and ginger so the choice was pretty easy. Seems like that is what usually gets forgotten in stir-fry.

We got six assorted boxes of granola bars for 49 cents by stacking a digital store coupon (99 cents) with printable coupons ($1/2.)

Seasoned packs of chicken drumsticks and thighs were Buy One, Get One Free. They had two packs on markdown so we paid $3.03 for one of them and got the one marked $2.75 free.

Yoplait yogurt was 39 cents limit 10 and I had a printable coupon for $1/10 that was going to expire tomorrow. That meant we got them for 29 cents each.

jastwins likes this.
Moderators: KimShaw