What are you getting cheap or FREE (especially that!) in SEPTEMBER?

Discussion in 'Living The Frugal Life' started by vickib50, Sep 1, 2017.

1. vickib50

vickib50 Well-Known Member Trader Group

Belly up to the bar and start bragging! We want to hear. Not only do you get a chance to brag, but, your post may help another member find a great deal in time. We are here to share.

Sherri1480, jcdamomma and jastwins like this.
  2. NoHio

NoHio Well-Known Member Staff Member Trader Group Moderator

Okay, so this was actually yesterday, but I'm too lazy to find the thread. The deal is still going on anyway. Krud Kutter products are $2.99 at Discount Drug Mart. I had a $2.00 insert coupon, and I will get $1.75 back from ibotta. That and one other rebate will also get me my $2 August level 3 bonus.

$.76 mm before tax!

Sherri1480, jcdamomma and jastwins like this.
  3. vickib50

Free McD's small coffee with a survey code on a receipt. I see that a small is now ringing up for $1.19+tax in my city. I know it varies by region. At my closest one, senior coffee is .69+tax.

Got a croissant at Starbucks with my "found" gift card. It also counts toward some bonus offer if I buy something every day for so many days.

CVS: 3 packs Coke products for $8.48 including tax w/ app coupon.
    Garnier Fructis shampoo, 2 for $1.42 total after MQ (thank you, @Linda_in_FL ) and a CVS kiosk coupon.

jcdamomma, Sherri1480 and jastwins like this.
  4. Linda_in_FL

Linda_in_FL Well-Known Member Trader Group

CVS: 3 packs Coke products for $8.48 including tax w/ app coupon.
    Garnier Fructis shampoo, 2 for $1.42 total after MQ (thank you,@Linda_in_FL ) and a CVS kiosk coupon.

You're welcome Vicki - Glad that I could send that $4/2 Garnier Fructis shampoo coupon to you with the labels that you ordered. Will save the donation and a few others I got the past few days from HCW people till our 2018 Relay for Life team site opens in a week or so. Will post when I do.

God Bless those who help us in the fight against cancer!!!!

Linda

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  5. jastwins

jastwins Well-Known Member Trader Group

Paid $3.96 for 1 lawry's marinade, 1 minute rice Family bowl and 2 Uncle Bens ready rice pouches. Used $1 off each Uncle Bens and 2 @.75 double coupon on the other sale items.

jcdamomma and Sherri1480 like this.
  6. jastwins

Today, my next door neighbor was having 2 trees taken down and the tree guy asked us if we wanted the wood. We had ordered firewood from him previously so he knew we could make use of the two cherry trees he was chopping down. The tree trimmer cut the trunks in smaller pieces for us. This is a good start to our firewood pile, since it is non-existent now. Crankie got the log splitter back from his friend, so now all he has to do to split the firewood.

Also today, I hit 2 yard sales and at the last one I found 2 white metal expandable shoe racks for $6. My front hall closet need a makeover and we have way too many shoes in there.

7. jastwins

I took D3 and her friend to the outlets and what a madhouse it was. I dropped them off in the second section after we visited the 1st and 3rd sections and headed off to CVS. Once I got there and saw what few deals there were this week, I put my cart back and walked out of the store. Never did this before, but I could not see spending money when the deal were b1 g1 half off. I hate paying full price even when I have a gc.. Let's hope next week is better.
    At Home Goods, I returned a small pillow for D2 and will put her return money in the bank this week. I stopped at Aldi's for some much needed produce and frozen fruit for D3 to make her smoothies. After I finally made it back to the outlets, I shopped in a few stores and picked up denim capris for $6.27 at the GAP and paid $14.50 for a shirt in Talbots. It was more than I wanted to spend, but it fit and it looked good.
    Also, at the New Balance outlet, they had 50% off clearance and I bought a pair of new sneakers for $24.99 OOP. A great deal and I am so glad I found them.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    Jorainna, Sherri1480 and jcdamomma like this.
  8. jastwins

D3 asked me to drop off another pair of sneakers at her job. When I got there, her boss gave her (4) unopened 4 lb bags (remember when they used to be 5 lb bags) of Domino sugar to give to me. The ice cream shop closes in a couple of weeks and this is the third time we received some free sugar.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  9. Jorainna

Jorainna Active Member Trader Group

Last week I had noticed that Walmart had all their Scotts topsoil bags that were out on the side walk reduced to $1.25 a bag. I made a mental note to get back there to get some. Hubby had tried to make me a raised garden in the spring, but we never got it quite finished as it needed a lot more soil than what we had counted on. I finally remembered the reduced bags and thought sure they would be gone, but I went over on Sunday and they were now at .75 a bag!! I got 11 bags for less than $10!!

10. vickib50

Free coffee and donut at DD w/ a bad experience post of $$ on my app. Then, I had a free sandwich cpn at Honeybaked Ham for lunch.

11. jastwins

I hope all is well @vickib50 and that you are safe from Hurricane Irma. Glad you posted.

Sherri1480, jcdamomma and bugweena like this.
  12. Gardencook

Gardencook Well-Known Member Trader Group

Well, it seems I forgot a new month had started and posted my first September bargains in the August thread the other day. Oh well! Need to post something here so I'll be subscribed and won't make the same mistake again. :oops:

Nothing too thrilling in the "free" department today. Did drop by our favorite discount store where I found some organic whole grain blueberry flavored fig bars for DH's lunch -- 20 cents each, 28 percent off when you buy in multiples of two and one free with each 12 purchased. That store has the most complicated sales!

Anyway, if I did my math right AND the gal at the register fed in the prices right, I think I paid about 13 cents for each pack of two bars. :p

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    jcdamomma and Sherri1480 like this.
  13. mtka

mtka Well-Known Member Trader Group

Not much this week. Got a gallon of milk at Kroger, 99¢ and I got 75¢ back from C51, can't beat a gallon of milk for a quarter. Got some free toothpaste, flossers, toothbrush from Rite Aid with Load2Card coupons and plenti points. Also got Arm & Hammer kitty litter b1g1 free plus $10 in plenti points when you spend $25. I think I got 12 boxes, $9 something a box, 6 free, and $20 in plenti points. Not too bad for kitty litter, and the boxes are easier to carry up the stairs and pour in the box than the huge tubs.

Sherri1480, jastwins and jcdamomma like this.
  14. vica

vica Well-Known Member Trader Group

Where is a $1 IP on coupons.com for a new Dole fruit cups with coconut water. These are $2 or below at Walmart. With $1 ibotta its free.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  15. Jorainna

Jorainna Active Member Trader Group

Quaker cereals are on the Kroger's .99 sale and I traded for (5) $1 on two coupons plus I had one digital, so I got 12 assorted boxes of Life and Captain Crunch for .49 each! The Chunky soups are on there too, and I had the $1 on two digital, so got (2) cans of those at .49 each. Then the Dole chopped salads are $2 and I used a couple of .75 coupons to get them at $1.25 each.

Now Meijer has the Dole bagged salads as part of their $1 sale and I will use a few more .75 coupons later this week to get them for a quarter a bag!

16. mtka

mtka Well-Known Member Trader Group

Made a quick run to Kroger and Walmart yesterday, and TSC (ran out of dog food!). Picked up at Walmart: 3 bags of Malt o meal cerals, $2.28 each, used a $1/2 printable and a $1/1 booklet coupons (from Kroger pharmacy, but not a Kroger coupon), got back $6 from Ibotta. Also picked up 2 packages of Chobani smooth yogurt, priced $1.50 each x2, got back $3 Ibotta. Also got a bonus quarter on any cereal and a quarter any item. And picked up eggs, 38¢ a dozen, the dogs love them with their turkey bacon. At Kroger, picked up hamburger and some marked down ground turkey for my dog's food, got back $4 Ibotta for a NBPR rebate on meat in the app, cool! I like that a lot better than buying forms and mailing them in. Was in my account in five minutes! Also got UDF ice cream, but that rebate was wonky and I have a support ticket on it.

17. iwik

iwik Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Walmart has Nutella $3 -
    $1.50/1 Nutella, Any 13 Oz. Or Larger Jar Or Mini Cups, Any 10 Count Package - SS 07-30-17, exp. 09/30/17
    $1.50 Ibotta limit 3 per receipt, had it replaced once so far so 6 free jars :)

18. Gardencook

Gardencook Well-Known Member Trader Group

Nothing too thrilling this week, since I haven't been going out much.

Did get two deodorants in the mail today -- Degree for Men and Women. Need to give them a try and review them, but it is fun to get something free in the mail once in a while.

Picked up another two pound bag of brown rice for 69 cents tonight.

Also got a 32-ounce bottle of Palmolive dish detergent for 99 cents after digital coupon and mega sale. Haven't gotten a deal like that on dish soap in quite a while.

jcdamomma, Sherri1480 and Jorainna like this.
  19. vica

vica Well-Known Member Trader Group

A MM deal at Kroger (but maybe available at other stores too).
    Enjoy Life Foods Catalina (9/4/17 through 10/1/17)
    Buy 2 and get a $1 on your next order Catalina
    Buy 3 and get a $2 on your next order Catalina
    Buy 4+ and get a $3 on your next order Catalina.

Chocolate bars (gluten free) are about $1.50 at my Kroger.
    Buy 3 = $4.50
    - $4/3 IP coupons.com
    -$2 catalina
    -$3/3 ibotta
    = huge MM!

Also at Kroger
    New Ortega Good Grains taco shells $1.50
    -$.75/1 tearpad
    -$.75 ibotta
    = free

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    iwik, jcdamomma and Sherri1480 like this.
  20. vickib50

@vica, is that the Ortega blue corn taco shells? There's a rebate form TMF. Oh, yeah, you have one!

jcdamomma, Sherri1480 and jastwins like this.