The Welcome Wagon Welcome New Members! Please Introduce Yourself to the Community Here!

Discussion in 'Newbie Nook: START HERE, FAQs & How Tos' started by pasharain, Aug 17, 2018.

1. pretty woman

pretty woman Active Member Trader Group

Welcome :)

Treasurehouse likes this.
  2. Thrifty Bee

Thrifty Bee New Member

I said a shot hello a few months ago but here's a more official one.

I was a very active member of HCW years ago when couponing was still very big. I was even a mod for Meijer. Some might remember me. I still see ghosts of posts I made then and I picked the same username back up.

I disappeared from HCW in 2013 because I got a job at Walmart. I had to quit my job in January though and we're back to living on one income again.

Unfortunately couponing isn't what it used to be. They aren't as good, there isn't as many of them, places don't double them, and you can hardly stack them anymore.

I also don't buy the same products I used to. Most of the natural eco-friendly products I buy are not sold in bricks and mortar stores. I also buy more real and healthy food over processed. It's more expensive and there's seldom any coupons or rebates to use.

It doesn't mean I've given up though. Some of the out of the box ideas I posted back then I still do and invent more all of the time. My DH just shakes his head and moves on.

So most of my posting will probably be in the frugal sections this go around.

3. jastwins

jastwins ※Kaboom!・:・:・゜ Trader Group

@Thrifty Bee I could not agree with you more! Couponing has changed and it is harder to find the deals and the coupons are short-dated. Remember when the circulars and coupons inserts actually used to coordinate weekly...well not so much in my neck of the woods anymore. My 3 kids are all in college and our tastes have changed and healthier options are a priority for me too.

Regardless, I am still grateful for coupon trains and love to get coupons that I cannot find in NY. So many saving ideas came from HCW and I have learned so much more from HCW about online apps. I used giftcards to shop at Amazon and Walmart too. Love to use my phone to load up apps and earn even more gcs.
    My priorities have changed with having more bills and college expenses, so I am very frugal these days and do not go shopping just for fun or boredom. So @Thrifty Bee I look forward to seeing your posts!

busyasabeecrg likes this.
  4. Richard Molby

Richard Molby New Member Trader Group

Hello, I joined up back in July... totally new to HCW!!!

I used to coupon a lot as well, and then got a good but busy job and only used coupons here and there on really good deals... I am mostly app based now, BUT I still like my paper coupons when there is something good to be had.

Before I got said job, I was also a coupon trader and was active on Yahoo and eBay way back in the day... almost 20 years ago now, I guess!!!

My oh my does time pass!!!

Anyone know who approves Trader Group access these days as I have been waiting about 2 weeks now I think.

I get coupons weekly, and hate to see them go to waste... I'd like to trade off what I can't use before I send them off to the few overseas military facilities left.

Richard

busyasabeecrg likes this.
  5. pretty woman

pretty woman Active Member Trader Group

Welcome to HCW