Weight Loss and Exercise Goals, Struggles, and Successes 2017

Discussion in 'Personal Challenges Support' started by MsSweetCheeks, Dec 30, 2016.

1. MsSweetCheeks

MsSweetCheeks Mod Of The Month March 2012<br>The Grand Theft <br Trader Group

What are your weight loss and exercise goals of 2017? Are you struggling with your weight? Are you being successful with your weight loss? Here is the place to discuss it all!

I'm also thinking we can do a weekly weigh in too to help keep us on track. Every Monday weigh yourself and once you get online again, post how much you have lost, gained, or if your weight stayed the same.

Another thing I always found that helps too is keeping a journal of what you eat for the day, so I'm thinking we can share that here as well.

Well, I'm wanting to get the rest of my weight off by the end of 2017 and also get into better shape.

MamaVader likes this.
  2. XUfan

XUfan Member Of The Month May 2010 Trader Group

Connie...right now I weigh more than I ever have in my life. I said that last year too, I think. But I weigh more now than I did at the start of 2016. The time is now! I have no idea what my actual weight loss plan is going to be. I'm going to go over a few different ideas and choose the one (or combo of more than one) that I think will work best for me.

My son quit smoking 4 months ago, after deciding one day that the cigarette he was smoking was his last one. He's made it this far, mostly due to a lot of prayer and his relationship with God. Whatever diet plan I choose, I know I'll be leaning on Him too.

MamaVader likes this.
  3. MsSweetCheeks

I'm sure you still don't weigh what I did at my largest. LOL.

I would love to be able to go to Weight Watcher's meetings but my town no longer has the meetings. You have to go to Opelousas and that is just too far.

I think I need major accountability.

Congrats about your son. That is awesome.

I really think God is a big key in losing weight too. It's so much more than just watching what you eat and exercising. On top of this there is the emotional aspect because we tend to eat our feelings. Then, the brain is also a big factor. I've been doing a lot of reading on the brain factor. Habits is another thing too.

MamaVader likes this.
  4. NoHio

NoHio Well-Known Member Staff Member Trader Group Moderator

I really need this thread too. I also am at my highest weight ever. I am not sure my exact plans yet to lose the weight, but right now I am tracking everything I eat on the MyFitnessPal app. I think they have a web site too. I am probably going to join the local rec center tomorrow too and sign up for aerobics classes there.

MyFitnessPal says I can have 1770 calories a day to lose 1 lb. a week. That's quite a lot, but I don't want to up my goal to 2 lbs. a week yet. I just ate my "treat" that I'm allowing myself for the day because I think I have an ulcer, and my stomach was hurting a lot. That's okay, though. It feels a bit better already, and I'll still be under my calories for the day, I just can't have a treat later.

I'm going to my Mom and Dad's house today for pork, mashed potatoes, and sauerkraut (which I won't eat because I don't like it). They will probably have some kind of vegetable too. As long as I skip dessert and eat reasonable portions, I should be good for today.

MamaVader and MsSweetCheeks like this.
  5. MsSweetCheeks

Ok, for those that want to do a weekly weight in, today is the day to weigh yourself to get your starting weight. Then, next Monday we will share our progress.

If you want to start posting your food journals too, today is the day to start.

NoHio likes this.
  6. XUfan

OK...I weighed in. I'm not posting my weight, though. I'll post my progress each Monday.

Good luck everyone!

MamaVader likes this.
  7. MsSweetCheeks

I don't expect people to post their weight, just how much they lose, stay the same, or gain. Hopefully, we see only loses though.

8. MsSweetCheeks

Here is my food journal from yesterday:
    Mon. Jan 2, 2017
    Breakfast:
    Strawberry, Banana, Peach with Coconut Overnight Steal Cut Oats
    -1/2 banana
    -1/4 cup steel cut oatmeal
    -1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
    -1 tsp vanilla extract
    -1/4 cup almond coconut milk
    -1/4 cup strawberries
    1/4 cup peaches
    -1 TBSP coconut
    2 cups coffee each with 1 pack of stevia and 2 TBSP of almond milk
    Lunch:
    Coconut Chicken Curry with 1 cup of spaghetti squash
    Snack:
    1 Granny Smith Apple
    3 carrots
    Dinner:
    Coconut Chicken Curry with 1 cup of spaghetti squash
    Snack:
    1 Satsuma
    Water: 96 ounces
    Exercise: None (It was raining, so didn't get to ride my bike)

MamaVader likes this.
  9. NoHio

NoHio Well-Known Member Staff Member Trader Group Moderator

I have weighed in on Monday. I'm not sure if I'll post my food diary, but I am keeping track.

MamaVader and MsSweetCheeks like this.
  10. MamaVader

MamaVader ♕ Prince$$ Bu$h ♕ Staff Member Trader Group Moderator

I weighed on Monday as well. I don't keep track of what I eat, just the calories usually.

MsSweetCheeks likes this.
  11. MsSweetCheeks

@NoHio @MamaVader The food journaling thing is just something for those that want to do it. I personally want to do it, because I find it holds me more accountable for what I'm eating.

MamaVader likes this.
  12. MsSweetCheeks

Here is my food and exercise journal for the last two days:
    Tuesday, Jan 3, 2017
    Breakfast:
    Strawberry, Blueberry, Banana with Coconut Steel Cut Oats
    -1/2 banana
    -1/4 cup steel cut oats
    -1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
    -1/4 cup blueberries
    -1/4 cup almond milk
    -1 tsp vanilla extract
    -1/4 cup strawberries
    -1 TBSP coconut
    2 cups coffee each with 1 packet of stevia and 2 TBSP of almond milk
    Lunch:
    Chicken Pizza with onions, peppers, leeks, mushrooms, green onions, yellow squash, zucchini, and spinach on a cauliflower crust
    Snack:
    2 satsumas
    3 carrots
    Dinner:
    Chicken Pizza with onions, peppers, leeks, mushrooms, green onions, yellow squash, zucchini, and spinach on a cauliflower crust
    Snack:
    2 satsumas
    1 cup hot peach tea with 1 packet of stevia
    Water: 96 ounces
    Exercise:
    .7 miles riding bike
    Another .7 miles riding bike
    50 minutes riding bike straight

Wed. January 4, 2017
    Breakfast:
    Blueberry and Banana with Coconut Steel Cut Oats
    -1 1/2 banana
    -1/2 cup blueberries
    -1/4 cup steel cut oats
    -1/4 cup almond milk
    -1 tsp vanilla extract
    -1 TBSP coconut
    -1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
    2 cups coffee each with 1 packet stevia and 2 TBSP almond milk
    Lunch:
    Lemon Pepper Baked Grouper Patty
    Baked Sweet Potato Fries
    1/2 cup corn
    Snack:
    2 Satsumas
    3 Carrots
    Dinner:
    Lemon Pepper Baked Grouper Patty
    Baked Sweet Potato Fries
    1/2 cup corn
    Snack:
    1 satsuma
    2 large cups of Hot Lemon Ginger Tea with 2 packets of stevia each
    Water: 80 ounces
    Exercise:
    1 hour riding bike straight

MamaVader likes this.
  13. grandma608

grandma608 Active Member Trader Group

i will be weighing in on Monday

MamaVader likes this.
  14. Lucky1307

Lucky1307 Super Swapper June '09 Trader Group

As a family we have decided that better health is one of our goals for 2017. Neither DH or I are back up to our highest weights but we are far from our lowest. He is working on getting back to an undisclosed weight while I am just looking at being healthier. DS is starting to get some static from his classmates and his step mother so he decided he should do something. DS and I both have Fit bits and we are using those to track steps and log food. We are just seeing what our "normal" is before coming up with plans.

So far I have learned

-The French vanilla cappuccinos that I love to drink while at work have me consuming more calories than I am allowed in an entire day.
    -I walk between 10,000-12,000 steps a night when I work and not even half of that when I don't.
    -I either eat more calories than allowed or like yesterday only a banana.

Changes

-I have suffered through the headaches and cut my 3 large cappuccinos down to 1 large with a goal of cutting it out unless it's a treat.

Challenges

-Right now the weather is not pleasant. I'm not hard core enough to walk around town at -2 with -10 wind chills. I'm also too cheap to pay $90 a month to use the treadmill at the small gym in town. I also have no interest in signing up for any kind of exercise class.
    - I still struggle with keeping a normal schedule for eating and sleeping while working the over nights.

15. MamaVader

MamaVader ♕ Prince$$ Bu$h ♕ Staff Member Trader Group Moderator

Down 1.6 lbs

Lucky1307 likes this.
  16. MsSweetCheeks

Down .6 of a pound. I had two bad days last week. Friday and Sunday. I also haven't been journaling the last couple of days. I need to focus on doing that more.

MamaVader and Lucky1307 like this.
  17. XUfan

I stayed the same this week. That's actually quite an accomplishment, considering the amount of food I feel like I ate! LOL!! I'm hoping to focus better this week!

MamaVader likes this.
  18. Lucky1307

Lucky1307 Super Swapper June '09 Trader Group

My weigh in was the same but I expected that. Struggling keeping up on my food log, some things are not easily logged causing frustration and I just stop. On a positive note I haven't had a cappuccino since last Friday!

MamaVader likes this.
  19. MsSweetCheeks

I'm still struggling with the munchies. It's like something just takes over my body and I can't stop myself. I think my metabolism is going crazy with the amount of weight I lost.

20. XUfan

Connie, I struggle with snacking too. I'm good at planning meals. But the snacks can undo all of the planning, if I'm not careful. And obviously, I'm not very careful! :oops: It's something I really need to address. Most people recommend eating fresh fruit as a snack, but that doesn't work for me. I love fruit, but about an hour after I eat it, my stomach feels totally empty...like I haven't eaten all day! And guess what I do then! I eat!

All that said, I am happy to report that I actually lost a pound this week! I think I could have done better if we hadn't had the birthday feast on Saturday. But, it's a start!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017