Wanna just blow off steam? Post a general vent here.

Discussion in 'Telling It Like It Is!' started by shashabell, Jan 30, 2009.

1. maryann1958

maryann1958 Active Member Trader Group

Write on their Facebook timeline page, companies hate it when the public sees complaints about their company. They are more apt to respondto your complaint too

2. 3timesoccermom

3timesoccermom The Original Dinner Guru

You can order online and pick up in store.

mtka likes this.
  3. mtka

mtka Well-Known Member Trader Group

Yea, didn't think to check inventory before I stopped in. They gave me a in store only coupon to use by 7/4/17, so was stocking up. They raised the price and now it's only price competitive with a feed store that's about 15 miles away when they give me the coupon. How I wish we had a Mills' Fleet Farm or even Farm & Fleet down here and Tractor Supply would disappear.

It's irritating the level of service in this town. Weekly Kmart trips with brand new cashiers (literally new ones every time I am there) usually end up with a manager to figure out the problem, the convenience store owners that clean out all soda from the drugstores on Sunday morning with multiple store cards and multiple family members (and the drugstores don't limit them), the long lines at the brand new Kroger Marketplace, because they can't find enough people to work there. I like to go the a bigger town up the interstate, but there is major construction and major delays. I shouldn't let it get to me, but every trip to town takes 3 gallons of gas and I like to get everything done in one trip.

jastwins likes this.
  4. 3timesoccermom

3timesoccermom The Original Dinner Guru

We have had a TS store about 12 miles from us for years. Hubs has gone there many times attempting to get different supplies for his ag business - needles, meds, baling twine, lots of stuff - but inevitably they don't have it. So, one just opened up in our town - probably 2 miles from our house. Now we joke that he will only have to go 2 miles to find they don't have what he'll need. (Hope that cheered you up a tiny bit.)

There are discounted TS GC's available - if you go to giftcardgranny . com you can see what's available.

https://www.giftcardgranny.com/buy-gift-cards/tractor-supply-company/

jastwins likes this.
  5. mtka

2 people set a fire in our 1 year old Kroger Marketplace a couple nights ago. The whole store filled with smoke. The cleaners showed up yesterday morning and were throwing so much stuff away from the smoke and water damage, dumpsters full. What a waste! I think they caught the 2, hope they have to pay for all the merchandise.

I was there on Monday, and it smelled like the employees burned a chicken in the deli, something really small. I am super sensitive to smoke and could smell that all over the store and the shopping trip was very unpleasant. No telling what it will be like today when I go shopping. They also sell clothes, shoes, and housewares. I don't know the fate of those. It re-opened yesterday afternoon, so only closed about 12 hours. I believe the clean-up's company motto is "like it never even happened", we will see.

6. STallerico

STallerico Well-Known Member Trader Group

That is awful hope they have to pay for all the damages.

7. mtka

Well, got to our Kroger yesterday. It smelled like smoke throughout the store. They caught 2 adults and at least 1 minor for the arson. Kroger threw away all the more gourmet chocolate from the next aisle, all the chips, and all the bulk nuts/mixes. I saw a lot of baby items in the dumpster in the photo too. They also threw away the beer display with some rebate forms! They kept all the clothes, I can't imagine buying clothes there that smell like smoke, yuck.

8. jastwins

jastwins Well-Known Member Trader Group

In the 80's, I once worked on the 41st (top) floor of an office building in Manhattan and a fire occurred on the 27th floor. We were not allowed back to the building for a month. Basically, I was paid to stay home. The was no fire damage on my floor but the smoke was in everything. The smell was always present and I wore a mask over my nose and mouth during the day. My department was moving to NJ in July and they did not remove any carpeting or furniture, so we were stuck smelling that acrid odor every day for 6 weeks. There was a clean up team from Nevada cleaning all our files and they had to go over each paper in our files with a chemically treated sponge. Tedious work for sure.

Sorry, @mtka that this happened in the place you do your food shopping.

STallerico likes this.
  9. vickib50

vickib50 Well-Known Member Trader Group

I have been using Ad Block Plus for a long time. Has been a sanity saver. As of yesterday, I cannot access Hot Coupon World unless and until I disable it. Boo Hiss!

NoHio, mtka and 3timesoccermom like this.
  10. XUfan

XUfan Member Of The Month May 2010 Trader Group

I don't know what happened, Vicki. But I don't have the "recent posts" button anymore. I loved it! "New posts" is ok...but if you read something, and don't respond to it, it's not there when you go back (because it's not new to you). Then you have to remember what forum it might have been in, and try to look it up. Frustrating! I'm going to have to start marking every thread I read, if I think I might want to go back to it, just so I can find it in the "marked threads" section. I'm too old to learn new things!!

But...here's my gripe of the day. I got a recorded call from the credit union where Hubby has his car loan. They said the payment wasn't made this month. Really? I remember sitting in the sun, in a long line at the drive-thru, waiting to pay it! So, I pulled up the account on their website. Here's what happened. For the past 3 years, every time I make the payment, I make it for $28.xx over the payment amount. I send the check, my CU card, and a note, saying to make the payment, then put the $28.xx in savings. This way, the check is an even amount and some money goes into a "hey, lets go to dinner!" account.

When I looked at the account, there were two deposits made on the same day...from the same check. Both went into the savings. No problem, I'll just call them.

So, I called. After 3 minutes of "press 1....press 2...enter your zip code...." and then 5 minutes of hold time, I got a live person. I told her what happened. Before I asked her to transfer the money to the loan, she said, "Well, I'll just say this. When you deal with a credit union, you are dealing with a human element. Sometimes we don't get things right. That's why we give you a receipt. I would suggest checking it from now on." So, I told her that's nice, but when I go to the drive thru, I send a note with check, telling them exactly what to do. And she said, "Yes, but there are several people working in the same area, and she might have gotten sidetracked. You just need to check your receipt." So I said, "Normally I have a 5 year old in the car with me when I run errands. Maybe I got sidetracked, and didn't look at my receipt." She paused for a few seconds, and then said, "OK. I see that you're still in the 10 day window, so there won't be a late charge on this." WHAT??????? I told her, as nicely as possible, that if there would have been a late charge assessed to something THEY did wrong, I would have needed a supervisor...and waiting on hold would not have been an option!

She didn't seem to think she had said or done anything wrong. I'm really disappointed in what passes as customer service. Basically...they do their job as well as they can, unless they're interrupted, and then they might make a mistake. You, who are not trained to do their job, must then double-check to make sure it's done right, and then we'll all be happy. Honestly, if I could transfer that loan to any other bank, I would have done it already!!

11. Gardencook

Gardencook Well-Known Member Trader Group

Telemarketers, you are annoying enough when I don't answer and you call back every two or three minutes for an hour or more hoping to wear me down.

"Lady" whose phone number is "000-000-0000," you are going to drive me INSANE with your 10 to 20 calls a day leaving nothing but a recorded "Good-bye" message on the answering machine. You do the same when I make the mistake of answering. After a year, haven't you yet figured out I'm not foolish enough to hit the "return call" button?

I can't even speak long distance to my mother without constant beeps letting me know you're trying to interrupt my precious time with her. "REAL" friends leave REAL messages when I'm on the phone. That's what I do when I want to speak to my mother. Because of YOU she is terrified to answer until she knows who is on the other end of the line.

These tactics are nothing short of harassment. Now you expect me to argue with you? :mad:

Today, two of you REFUSED to take "REMOVE US FROM YOUR CALLING LIST IMMEDIATELY!" as a final answer. I tried to be as polite as possible when I heard call center noise in the background (just in case it was someone returning one of my husband's business calls), however, I REFUSE to argue with a total stranger about WHY I have just told him I am not interested.

I'll call Microsoft MYSELF in the event my computer malfunctions. I'm not going to be "argued into" giving you control.

I've never heard of "Platinum University" and I have never heard of a university level "Medicare class." Just because I'm not interested in talking to YOU about the subject, doesn't mean I'm obligated to explain why I KNOW my husband is not interested.

Trying to talk over my voice when I request removal only causes me to speak OVER you speaking over me while I repeat the same message several times so you can't claim you didn't hear me. Both of you were STILL arguing as I hung up the phone.

IF the day arrives when I actually need a Medic Alert button, I'm certainly NOT going to order one from a phone number in Jamaica! Ditto for hearing aides, incontinence supplies, diabetic meters or anything else you THINK all of us "senile old people" require.

I always heard the calls got worse when you (or your spouse) approached 65. However, I NEVER dreamed it could get this bad for more than a year beforehand -- and I've got how many more decades of life to endure this? :eek:

It makes me SICK to think of how many real senior citizens are being bullied into the traps you are laying for them!

Cathy and jastwins like this.
  12. vickib50

vickib50 Well-Known Member Trader Group

Amen, @Gardencook Sister!

I have been getting legions of calls from an Orlando something-or-other company. They "ghost" legitimate phone numbers with your area code, hoping you think it's a friend so you'll pick up the phone. Seriously. They are able to show a number on your phone that actually belongs to a little old lady in your city. I talked to someone there. Told him that I'm turning all this over to the police. He laughed at me and dared me to ever find them. The "Do Not Call" list apparently no longer exists for these people. What does one do?

Cathy, Gardencook and jastwins like this.
  13. jastwins

jastwins Well-Known Member Trader Group

If I do not recognize the number, I just do not pick up. @vickib50 we have had a few ghost callers too. Our exchange is limited only to our island, so I was surprised to get a few of those calls. Whenever I fill out any online form I leave the phone number blank, if possible, but if they want a number I put down an old one that I had long ago. I never use my real number. Sb is the worst since the sign ups they have all reqiure a telephone number. @Gardencook, i am sorry they are harassing you. Just pick up and say nothing or put it near the radio or tv. They will figure it out.

Cathy and Gardencook like this.
  14. Gardencook

We've tried that @jastwins. Unfortunately, nothing seems to work with the ones we've got hounding us to death these days. When you answer it encourages them. When you don't answer they call back every few minutes until you're ready to throw the phone out the window!

We've noticed the same thing with so many "local" telemarketers calling in recent months @vickib50. They've got EVERY angle figured.

Lately, I've been answering to tell them to remove us from the calling list and it does cut down on a FEW of the calls for a VERY short while -- IF the computer doesn't hang up on me before you are routed to a human. However, when you get calls all timed perfectly about two or three minutes apart for what seems like an eternity, you know they HAVE to be originating with the same source -- despite the fact that caller ID shows several different numbers placing the calls.

15. tkraeer

tkraeer Well-Known Member Staff Member Owner Administrator Trader Group

I'm not sure about the recent posts button (not sure why it disappeared). I tried to look into it and find it. Is this the same page it took you to (recent activity)? https://www.hotcouponworld.com/community/recent-activity/

16. mtka

I miss the recent button too, used it all the time. It is not the same as the above. It looked like the "new posts" list, but had all the posts from a day or two.

I DO NOT LIKE the ad blocker thing. I am not turning off the ad ad blocker just for this site. I just refresh and click quickly. If it continues, the answer for me will be less HCW, not turning off my ad blocker software.

17. Gardencook

@tkraeer, like the ladies above, I used the "Recent Posts" button a lot, as well, and really miss it.

@XUfan has explained the difference somewhere. The "New Posts" button only shows the posts you HAVE NOT looked at since the last post. The "Recent Posts" button showed all the recent posts -- whether you've looked at them or not. That way if you saw a post and didn't comment on it the moment you saw it, you could come back later and find the thread.

With the "New Posts" button if you don't comment on the thread IMMEDIATELY when you see it, you have a hard time finding it again until someone else comments on it and bumps it into the "New Posts" again. If no one else comments, unless you have subscribed it is really difficult to locate the thread you thought you'd come back to later.

tkraeer and jastwins like this.
  18. XUfan

XUfan Member Of The Month May 2010 Trader Group

That explained it really well! I really do miss the Recent Posts button!

As for the ad-blockers, I didn't even notice. I've never put an ad blocker on my computer, so I've always seen the ads. Every site I visit has ads, and I guess I just accepted it. If the ads were inappropriate, I'd complain, but honestly, I barely notice them. Mostly, what shows up for me are things related to searches that either I or my husband have recently done. Right now, there are ads for: Xavier flags for my house, outdoor lighting, patio stones at Lowes, and some cute, dressy pants outfits for Christmas. (I've been home too much lately!!)

Gardencook, tkraeer and jastwins like this.
  19. tkraeer

Thanks for expalining it so well!! My husband and I will try to find the recent posts button and get it back on there! I tried googling around for other forums yesterday that used the same forum software to see if I could find the recent post button on theirs so I could take a peek at the url and hopefully figure out what url to use to find the recent posts in here. If anyone knows of another forum that has the recent posts button, let me know!

jastwins and Gardencook like this.
  20. tkraeer

It should be there now!! Let me know if that is the correct button and if it's working correctly for you guys! We can blame Mr. LadySavings for this one ;) The other day, he had to switch to PHP7.1 (don't ask me what that means - lol) and it broke something in the forums so he had to take different pieces out until he found the problem....well....apparently he forgot to put everything back in and didn't realize the recent posts button was one of them :)

jastwins likes this.