Wanna just blow off steam? Post a general vent here.

Discussion in 'Telling It Like It Is!' started by shashabell, Jan 30, 2009.

1. 3timesoccermom

3timesoccermom The Original Dinner Guru

Maybe he's not perfect but showing concern and caring like that makes him pretty dang close! Good going XU's hubby!! :encourage19:

2. XUfan

XUfan Member Of The Month May 2010 Trader Group

Thanks! I really do know how lucky I am to have found him.

3. phoenyxstarr

phoenyxstarr New Member Trader Group

I paid the rent the last 4 months, by money order, but Wednesday the landlord said that we still owe rent! I took my receipts to the office & said I don't owe anymore rent. The property manager said that she would have to email the owner about it. I checked today & she said she never sent the email! Gah! And come to find out, we're not the only one he's doing this to so I'm thinking he's scamming several people out of money, maybe even everyone in the complex! If he is, he's taking advantage of people not keeping track of what their rent is supposed to be after late fees. And this isn't the first time he's done this, he admitted it to the previous manager as well. And he only stopped doing it when several people complained & even threatened to take him to court. But now we have a new manager and mostly new residents, so he probably thought he could go back to his scamming. We've been here almost 7 years now, and this is the second or third time he's done this. He also likes to try to collect more late fees than what is allowed in the lease.

4. neabo2458

neabo2458 Well-Known Member Staff Member Trader Group Moderator

Feeling left out of some things lately... like I am invisible. I assure you, just because I am ALMOST 5 feet tall does not mean I do not exist. I may be short, but I am mighty!

5. Fillies Fan

Fillies Fan International Man of Mystery! Trader Group

[QUOTE="neabo2458, post: 3800048, member: 247454" I may be short, but I am mighty![/QUOTE]

neabo2458 and jastwins like this.
  6. Green is Gold

Green is Gold Member of the Month June 2012 <br>Queen Of The Cir Staff Member Trader Group Moderator

My oldest daughter (25) is 5 foot tall (on a really good day... ;)) she a FORCE to be reckoned with...I wouldn't mess with her...:D LOL!
    Do YOU! Sometimes...you have to ROAR to be heard!
    Channel your inner LION! You got this! :)

neabo2458 and jastwins like this.
  7. Fillies Fan

i am woman helen reddy

Cathy and jastwins like this.
  8. Fillies Fan

I don't know why that link did not work but I am going to try again:

9. Green is Gold

Green is Gold Member of the Month June 2012 <br>Queen Of The Cir Staff Member Trader Group Moderator

Yes. @Fillies Fan that is precisely what I was going for.
    That kid of mine wouldn't entertain your "dirty old man" talk for 15 seconds...she would shoot you down...brutally...but she'd make sure you were aware of every benefit you have coming as a vet before she walked away.
    When she see people with "Homeless Vet" signs...she pulls over immediately...gives them her card, a care package, a list of resources, a hug, an ear and makes sure they have somewhere to sleep tonight.
    Her planned thesis is based on..."The Transition Assistance Program's efficacy at supplying military personnel with information about using their Post-9/11 GI Bill."
    No clue what that means...but she MEANS IT! :cool:

Cathy and neabo2458 like this.
  10. Fillies Fan

@Green is Gold , let your daughter know that I am an expert at being shot down by women -- I have over half a century's experience at it and in multiple languages in many lands.

Even as a young man, I was a Dirty Old Man. It is more difficult to achieve that status in your 20s but I managed.

Today, there are higher standards for being a Dirty Old Man. For example, I hold doors open for women, pull out their chairs when we sit at restaurants, stand up if they get up, and always pay the check. When I was young, this was considered being a gentleman. Today it is called being a Male Chauvinist Pig.

On the other hand, I have never used any of my veteran rights.*

*There was one exception. I was hired as a journalist with only a high school diploma. My employer wanted me to get a college degree and was willing to pay for it. Although I chose one of the most expensive schools in the country, they paid every cent as well as my salary (I was working full time while learning) but they saved some money by applying my veterans' education benefits towards the cost.

Cathy likes this.
  11. hrdlckwmn

hrdlckwmn Active Member Trader Group

I have had it with our state neglecting people who are dual diagnosed with autism & mental health issues. Each of the 88 counties has the freedom to administer & interpret the eligibility instrument as they see fit, so a person can be found eligible in county A but county Z can decide otherwise AND if mental health is involved then you are ping-pong balled back & forth.

We HEARD a county administrator ask "if you were to put a loaded, cocked gun to her head (our 25year old daughter) & threaten to pop her, would she brush her teeth?"

I complained LOUDLY to county commissioners & the superintendent called on Friday to tell me this was our "perception" of what was said!

All correspondence will be in writing & all conversations recorded! I'm done playing!!

12. vickib50

vickib50 Well-Known Member Trader Group

Strap up, everyone! I'm on a rampage. Last week, I shopped at Winn Dixie. Due to apparent cashier error, I was overcharged $6. I won't go into the details, but, she thought she only overcharged me $3, so, she just handed over $3 cash at the end of our transaction. I went to the car, mulled it over, went over my receipt, and calculated that I was due another $3. I considered going back in, but, the place was a zoo that day. The check-out lines were long, people were cranky, and the CS desk was mobbed. I decided to just go online and work it out. I answered the survey at the bottom of the receipt and gave all the details of the problem. A few days later, I received an email from the CS mgr of the store, Mike Beale. He asked me to come by the front and see him next time I was in the store and he would refund my $3 plus something for my inconvenience. I emailed him and thanked him. I was in today and after checking out, went to the CS desk. When I asked for him, Shugar, the rep at the desk, said he'd never heard of him. I then spoke his name more plainly and spelled it. Shugar shook his head and again said he'd never heard of him, then "is there anything I can help you with?" I explained to him that I'd received an email and that I should stop by and speak with Mike. Only then did he admit that Mike worked there, but, added that Mike was not there right now. So, I asked the next logical question, "when will he be in?" Shugar pulled himself taller and in a superior and snarky tone replied, "I am not allowed to give you that information!" I said, "Mike emailed me and asked me to come by and talk to him." Then, Shugar said, "Even if I could tell you, I..." I didn't hear the rest of it because I just turned on my heel to leave. I passed the GM on my way out and approached him. I started out by politely saying, "Darius, I hope I didn't hear this right." Then I related all the above to him. He said, "Well, technically we aren't allowed to give you that information..." I didn't hear the rest of what he said because my hair suddenly caught on fire! I am really a calm person. I'm a happy person. I'd say that 28 days out of 30, I wake up happy and sing through the house as I'm preparing breakfast or packing a lunch or washing dishes. So, to say that I went from zero to sixty in .3 seconds would about explain how I was feeling at that moment. He said, "I'm trying to answer your question." I spit out, "Forget it. Don't break the rules on my account." Out the door I went. I have since emailed this Mike Beale, corporate, and burned the store on their survey. It's no longer about the $3. I'm going to learn more about social media and burn them...to a crisp.

This store has gone rapidly downhill in the past five months or so. Used to be that everyone did their jobs well and went out of their way for you. I have had some issues from time to time, but, I always start out with a compliment before I broach the area of concern. Today, for the first time, when I contacted corporate, I dispensed with the niceties.

I'm glad I don't have a BP monitor at home. It would probably scare me.

M_Lexx, asereht and jastwins like this.
  13. Green is Gold

That sucks! I'm so sorry! :(

14. jastwins

jastwins Well-Known Member Trader Group

Vickib50 I feel your pain. Customer service does seem to be a priority anywhere, anymore. After my recent disaster in CVS, I am really still annoyed and do not feel like my complaining did anything. The same jerk is still at the same location and he just asked if he could help me. Obviously, he did not remember me so I blurted out NO and walked away.
    I was raised with certain values and it seems like theses values are not deemed important today. Respect and courtesy are declining and society being accepting of this is just so wrong. In school, I try to teach kids every day to say please and thank you but you would not believe how many just do not get it. I will keep reminding them of their manners as long as I have a breath left in me.

vickib50 and Cathy like this.
  15. vickib50

I have been physically sick all day after this Winn Dixie episode. Truly. I think my BP shot up sharply. I know doctors say that you can't "feel" your BP rising, but, I've been jittery on my "insides." I could feel the veins in my neck pulsating, not with my fingers, just that feeling in my body. Know what I mean? It's really not worth it to get so upset. I certainly don't get upset on purpose. What does one do?

jastwins likes this.
  16. Fillies Fan

Revenge (at least revenge in your mind) is the best cure. Think about the guy who gave you the problems. Realize that it is very improbable that you are the only person he treats this way. Someone who was both a liar and rude in his dealings with you is that way on a regular basis, and not only at work.

He (at best) will never get a promotion and he will very probably get fired when there are enough complaints about him. He has no friends as no one will either like or trust him. His romantic future does not seem very promising.

That should be enough revenge for you, even if you didn't actually do anything to him. You don't have to -- he is doing it to himself. Realize that and you will be able to laugh off the entire incident without causing yourself any more distress.

Cathy likes this.
  17. vickib50

Your wise words, @Fillies Fan, and some sound sleep, have combined to do much to improve my overall health. Everything you said is right on point. The icing on the cake, though, is to continue to shop there ONLY for the BOGO deals and such and to spend NO money OOP. HAH! It's not stealing, but, they will see it that way.

Fillies Fan likes this.
  18. vickib50

@jastwins, I, like you, was raised with "manners." I took to them with gusto and never questioned why I should say, "Ma'am" or "Sir" as a child. I've come to understand that good manners is the WD-40 of life that allows us to live together in civil society.

Cathy, jastwins and Fillies Fan like this.
  19. MsSweetCheeks

MsSweetCheeks Mod Of The Month March 2012<br>The Grand Theft <br Trader Group

Was at Wal-mart. Was looking for something to keep track of how many miles I ride my bike a day. Well, asked an employee, they told me to ask electronics. Well, when I did all they wanted to sell me was a fit bit. I just wanted something inexpensive that does the job. This employee really rubbed me wrong. He was saying how they don't carry the cheap product anymore because everyone wants the latest technology. Umm, not everybody does!!!! Then, asks if I have a smart phone and you could tell he couldn't comprehend that I didn't have one. Then, I ended up finding what I was looking for after all in the bike section. I complained to the store manager about this employee.

Oh, and on top of this I was wanting to get unsalted butter and we normally get the great value brand. They were out!!!! Then, the only brand they had was $2 more. Frank still wanted the butter. Luckily, when he went back he found one that was only $1 more expensive than our normal brand.

Fillies Fan likes this.
  20. Sammy0220

Sammy0220 Active Member

ugh! I had pregnancy brain, and shipped two gifts to my last rental house. I emailed the old landlord to see if the people who live there will give my the baby stuff i order. I haven't lived there in 6 months.

21. everprincess

everprincess Energizer Bunny<br>-(\(\ She Keeps<br>( =':') Goin Trader Group

Why does it seem that everything has to be hard lately? Why can't just for once something in my life be easy? Tomorrow has to be better.

22. mtka

mtka Well-Known Member Trader Group

Went to Tractor Supply to get dog & cat food and some salt blocks. They rarely stock the shelves and you have to find someone to look in the back. I specifically asked for Diamond Naturals Chicken & Rice, he came back with large breed and barked at me that I didn't specifically say I didn't want large breed. WTF? Then he went back to look for what I wanted and sent another employee to tell me they didn't have any. At least the second guy was nice about it. He said they had a bag of that the other day and someone bought it. Really? It's a pretty popular brand. This particular store is really mismanaged. All 3 employees in there were new, I think they are scrapping the bottom of the barrel. Was irritated the rest of the shopping stops. I am going to write to corporate, but they haven't cared about the lousy way this store is run for years.

jastwins likes this.