Uses for nearly flat lemon-lime soda?

B

bluezoo5

I have several 2-liter bottles of Sierra Mist that are out of date and only have a little fizz left in them. They're not so good for drinking at this point, and as I got ready to pour them out I thought maybe someone might have some ideas for how to use them. I mean, I made a pizza crust the other day in my bread machine and it called for flat beer, so I thought maybe there might be some use for these 2-liters yet. Any ideas?

D

derketchup

You can use them to keep apples from turning brown... only thing off the top of my head...

D

derketchup

You can use cola-based soda to clean out toilets (it's acidic enough).... maybe lemon lime would work, too?

P

pussikat91958

You could probably use them in lemon lime jello. Use the soda instead of water. Or how about a lemon cake mix. The immagination can go wild.

M

mtipton1

Make a cake. Box cake mix, 1 3/4 c soda...beat, bake, enjoy

F

frogmama

I don't know if you still have them, but I'd use them for anything that calls for a liquid and a sugar. Like home made granola or pancakes or something like that (actually, I've heard that tip about pancakes - using 7up)... Seems silly to use it in place of water in a recipe, since water is free (sort-of). Maybe if a recipe calls for corn syrup and milk or water, you could substitute that for the corn syrup and water or corn syrup and 1/2 of the milk...

Maybe put some orange food coloring in it and feed oriels if you have them, lol
Good luck!

S

shashabell

Pour it into ice cube trays and make soda pop ice cubes. Would be nice to have a tall glass of tea with them in it.

C

cintinative

I remember making a low fat chicken recipe once where they made a marinade using raspberry all fruit and some lemon-lime soda (not sure what else). I don't know why it would have to be fizzy for that.