Upgrades are taking their toll

dkraeer

Mr. Hot
Owner
Administrator
Trader Group
Guys

Sorry for the downtime. We had to upgrade certain areas of the server for security purposes and the old forum code was no longer compatible. We had to upgrade to the latest versions of the forum code so that it would be compatible.

Things are not done yet and the forums may go up and down over the next few days so please be patient.

Thanks
Dave

Gardencook

Trader Group
Thanks for the information @dkraeer . It was kind of lonely with HCW down over the weekend.

What I've seen so far looks good. Seems like the font is a little larger with the new look and the overall appearance is a little fresher, although I'm sure it will still take some getting used to. Notice we've got a few new emojis, as well.

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
I really appreciate you getting the forum back up and running. Thank you for your hard work and know that it is greatly appreciated.

Linda_in_FL

Cancer Research Warrior!
Trader Group
Guys

Sorry for the downtime. We had to upgrade certain areas of the server for security purposes and the old forum code was no longer compatible. We had to upgrade to the latest versions of the forum code so that it would be compatible.

Things are not done yet and the forums may go up and down over the next few days so please be patient.

Thanks
Dave
Thank you Dave for working on it. I LIKE the NEW Look - Seems like it will be easier to use. Linda

pretzel18

Trader Group
Hi Dave - I can't seem to find the Feedback function ......I can't see it and I can't leave any new feedback. Could you reinstall it, or tell us how to get to it?

Thanks!!

dkraeer

Mr. Hot
Owner
Administrator
Trader Group
Hey guys .... as of now there is no feedback functionality ... We had to pay to upgrade the main software and that feature is not part of that. The trading system was another whole upgrade and add-on with its own price tag. The pageviews in the forums do not generate enough revenue via ads to even cover the cost of the main forum software (which is why there was a delay in getting them up and running- we had to decide whether to reinvest in the forum ) let alone paying for add ons. Maybe one day in the future it will but for now it does not.

I am sorry as I know that this is not what everyone wanted to hear but the traffic in the forum section is pretty low and many users here run ad blockers which make the problem even worse.

Thanks
Dave

Jorainna

Finder of Lost "Blinkies"
Staff member
Trader Group
@mtka Look under the "What's New" tab - the drop down has "New Posts" and "Latest Activity" ... will that do?