Thoughts on Covid 19 aka Coronavirus?

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
We discussed the easing of restrictions at our school and even though they state that students and teachers can now be 3 feet apart, we still keep it 6 feet apart. As more adults get vaccinated, I see that more children are getting sick. Our governor is easing some restrictions slightly but he is he hot water with personal allegations against his conduct, so he is trying to pacify some and our state has legalized marijuana. Can't imagine the damage that will do down the road, but it will increase tax revenues to the state when the dispensaries start opening up. A disaster waiting to happen.

Remember when the virus was first discovered, news reports claimed that kids were not getting sick and that is not the case today. Another sad milestone is that the worldwide death toll is now over 3 million!!!!! Recently, I read that we may need a booster shot and if that is the case I will get it. I just wish they could eradicate this virus once and for all.

jastwins

Trader Group
I am very relieved that Crankie finally got his vaccine yesterday. He did not want the vaccine, thinking he had immunity from already contracting the virus. After talking to him many times and watching the news on how the delta variant is wreaking havoc, he may have seen my point. However, his job was going to put restrictions on where he could work and this finally got him to change his mind about the vaccine. Basically, he walked into CVS near our other house and got with vaccine with no wait. He also shopped at CVS, used my digital coupons and got me $3 ecr.

My school job starts September 1st and we will be wearing masks while in school. My bank job even said I had to wear a mask if I have contact with customers. However, sometimes I wear it and sometimes I do not. I have a plexi glass barrier and I am vaccinated. I would say about 25% of our customers wear a mask. IF the booster shot becomes available, I will make sure to get it. It was my hope that this virus would be over with but it just seems to find the those who do not have a vaccine. Even scarier are the people who had the vaccine and get sick with covid. Saying prayers that we all stay healthy and can one day say we do not have to worry about this virus any more.

KmmCo

Trader Group
I have gone back to mask wearing in the stores now that I am back here in Colorado. They are so much more crowded that in AK and you can't keep 6 foot away from everbody. I know someone who was vacinated and got covid delta variant a couple of weeks ago, so I am taking precautions. It seems that the variant is really going around here alot.

At this point, I don't want to get even mildly sick as I have travel plans in a couple of weeks.

I do spend a lot of time alone anyway, but I have also been seeing friends a little bit since I have been back. to town. I am glad to be "getting away" next week to the mountains by myself. DH is still working and could bring the crud home at anytime too...

We are all coughing anyway here because of the ozone alerts, so you can't tell if someone is sick or not. After 4 pm today into tomorrow morning is another ozone alert. I am not going outside for a while anyway today because of the heat, but I can tell the air is "bad" even from inside the house. I am getting a slight headache too. Another reason I miss Alaska - the clean air.

jastwins

Trader Group
Just this week, our school sent a memo that all employees must get vaccinated or submit a negative covid test weekly. Our governor mentioned this last week, but our school told us now. The vaccine card I received was given in March to our school nurse and she made a copy of it. A few of my friends do not want the vaccine and will have to get tested on their own time and at their expense Recently, another teacher in my school came down with covid.

Crankie still has to get his second shot. Yesterday, a friend of his passed away from the delta variant. He and his wife were just here in July, at our house for the July 4th bbq. What upsets me most is that this couple and their BIL and SIL were all vaccinated but came down with covid in Florida. We should all be vigilant and wear our masks. This is not over by a long shot.

jastwins

Trader Group
I am waiting to see what happens in the coming weeks and am concerned that my job has vaccinated people who have come down with covid. Yet, those who are not vaccinated will be required to test weekly. Should every employee be tested, vaccinated or not? There is confusion of what is expected and what people will be required to do but none of this is being spelled out for the employees. Do you follow the CDC rules, the Governor's rules, state mandates or your employers rules???? Union members are questioning things and not getting a response. Is it a state issue or a school issue....time will tell.

jastwins

Trader Group
On Monday if New York city teachers do not present proof of having at least one covid shot, they will be fired. However, a federal court ruling may put the brakes on this decision this past Friday evening, if only for a short while. Who knows how chaotic this will be and how many lawsuits this will bring. NYc has had 2000 cases of covid since the beginning of the school year. That may be a small number for such a large school district, but it is alarming.

In Long Island, there are 4 sites where people can do drive thru testing for covid each week. It will involve the rapid test so hopefully it will be done quickly. If you do not present a test result, you will be sent home.

A co-worker had a break through case of covid and another was very ill and is not feeling well enough to come back. It blows my mind that vaccinated or not, people are still getting sick.

Fillies Fan

International Man of Mystery!
Trader Group
I have had all three Pfizer jabs and a flu shot thrown in for good measure. The only people I know personally who have not been vaccinated are Marina's five-year-old and my five-week-old granddaughter. (Actually, it is my understanding that the baby is protected because my daughter was vaccinated as soon as the second trimester of her pregnancy began.)