Things to do with refrigerated/frozen biscuits and stuff

D

daltregirl

We use the refridgerated cresents to make Dough Boys on the open fire or charcoal grill.

Take a broom handle, cover it with tin foil. Wrap a cresent around the tin foil cinching the seams, flatten it out so it is uniform in thickness. Proceed to cook the crescent over the grill/fire untill puffy and brown. Carefully slide it off the broom handle with a paper towel or dish cloth. Spray inside of cooked dough with spray butter and dump cinnamon sugar, a cooked marshmallow and some chocolate, or some jelly and voila yumm

Real hot, and not a real quick thing to do, but if your in no hurry its great. It takes about 5 minutes or so of careful cooking and turning to do.

C

ceecee

Mozzarella Puffs

1 tube biscuits (10 to a tube)
1 teaspoon oregano
1 block (2-3 oz) mozzarella
2 tablespoons pizza sauce or just tomato sauce

Make indentation in the center of each biscuit; sprinkle with oregano. Cut the mozzarella into 10 cubes maybe an inch each. Place a cube in the middle of the biscuit and pinch dough around cheese to seal. Place seam side down on a ungreased baking sheet. Spread pizza sauce over the tops. Bake at 375 10-12 minutes or until golden. 10 servings. You can easily double or triple this. Bake for about 8 minutes if you'd like to freeze. Flash freeze on a cookie sheet till solid and pop in a bag. To reheat from frozen; 400 till brown and hot.

Sausage Cheese Biscuits

These are my son's favorites and make a great quick breakfast on school mornings.

1 tube biscuits (10 to a tube)
1 package brown and serve sausages (you can use regular bulk sausage too, cooked and drained)
2 eggs
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
3 tablespoons finely chopped green onion (optional)

Roll out each biscuit into a 5 in circle and place in a ungreased muffin tin. Cut sausages into fourths (I do brown them ahead of time but you don't have to). Divide sausages among cups. In a small bowl combine eggs, cheese and onion; spoon 1 tablespoon into each cup over the sausage. Bake at 400 10-12 minutes or till browned.

Mystery Rolls

2 sticks butter
4 to 6 ounces crumbled blue cheese
2 cans biscuits (10 to a tube)

Combine butter and cheese on baking pan. Place into 350 oven for a couple of minutes, or until butter is melted. Remove from oven and stir. Cut biscuits into fourths, then toss in butter mixture. Bake on same pan (or different, if you prefer) for 8 to 12 minutes, or until golden. Eat warm.

J

judymd

I use crescent rolls to top my Chicken Pot Pie.

leftover chicken
1 bag of mixed veggies
1 can of cream of chicken soup OR chicken gravy
1 tube of crescent rolls

mix chicken, veggies and soup OR gravy.

remove crescent rolls from tube, do NOT unroll, slice 1/4 inch thick circles and place on top of chicken/veggie/soup/gravy mixture about 15 minutes before ready to serve.

it makes a pretty top and its not hard or too messy and DH and DD are sure to gobble it up.

M

Ms Binky

My mom used to take canned biscuits, flatten them out a bit, put a spoonful of jelly in the middle, fold over (pinch TIGHTLY) and deep fry. Shake in a bag full of powdered sugar and voila-- jelly doughnuts!

We used to do this, but, instead of jelly we put a chocotate kiss in the middle.

C

coupondink

I have to say the pillsbury website has a TON of recipes and they are quite good! I also went beserk when I got two dozen for free at acme a few weeks ago. I am working my way through their recipes.

I tried the empanada one and it was awesome! I recommend reheating in the oven and not the microwave.

I also tried the pizza bake tonight and it was delicious. It reheated in the microwave fairly well too.

I like the sausage and mozz puff recipe above, I think I just may try those.

Any other tried and true suggestions?

Also, any luck cooking stuff and freezing them? For example, the empanadas seemed freezeable to me. The pizza bake did not.

Finally, how long do they last in the fridge past the expire date? I am already past the date and they were very fresh.

I get so many mixed reviews of freezing them uncooked I am not sure what to think.

Thanks!

4littlemonkeys

Yummo pin wheels
take the grands, flatten a bit but a spoon of cream chs. and jelly in there fold them to make a triangle pinch to make them stay closed...bake...very easy good for b-fast or snacks.

E

ElaineHN

Re: Things to do with ... (Pizza Crust)

I just used a Pillsbury Pizza Crust two nights ago to make garlic rolls to go with spaghetti! :BigHand:

I unrolled the pizza crust and spread it with a layer of margarine mixed with crushed garlic. Then I sprinkled on some cheese ... I used blue cheese just because I like it and happened to have it on hand, but I'm sure whatever cheese you like would be fine. Then rolled the pizza crust back up ... sliced it into 10 'rounds' (very similar to cinammon rolls) and placed them on a cookie sheet and baked. YUMMMMMMMM!

E

ElaineHN

Pineapple Upside-Down Biscuits

Someone else posted the original recipe a long time ago and I modified it to be SLIGHTLY lower in fat and calories ... left out the butter & used just a tiny bit of spray margarine, used less brown sugar, just enough to sweeten the pineapple a little ... and I cut the biscuits into pieces and put them in the muffin tins 'monkey bread' style. My family really liked them.

Here is the original Food Network recipe in case anyone is interested ....

Pineapple Upside-Down Biscuits

1 (10-ounce) can crushed pineapple
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, at room temperature
10 maraschino cherries
1 (12-ounce) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (10 count)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Grease 10 cups of a muffin tin.
Strain the can of crushed pineapple, save juice for later. Combine the pineapple, sugar, and butter, and mix well.
Divide the pineapple mixture among the muffin cups.
Place a cherry in the center of each muffin cup, making sure cherry hits bottom of cup.
Place 1 biscuit in each cup on top of sugar and pineapple mixture.
Spoon 1 teaspoon reserved pineapple juice over each biscuit.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
Cool for 2 minutes.
Invert the pan onto a plate to release the biscuits.
Serve warm.

K

ky9

Last night I took a roll of the reduced fat cinnamon buns and rolled each one out flat.

I chopped apples up very fine.

I put the apples on the flattened bun and rolled up and baked according to the instructions.

They were fabulous!