Things that didn't go over so well...

M

MrsPinecone

We've all got them... things that we canned that we thought were such a great idea at the time. I am currently clearing off my canning shelves for the new season and some things just have to go. If I canned it in 2012 and it's still sitting there, it's unlikely to be eaten, ever. It kills me to dump it, but it's got to go.

What needs to go at your house?

Pickled cherries
Pickled okra
Peach-ginger jam

Green is Gold

Member of the Month 6/12 - Queen Of Circle Driving
Staff member
Trader Group
Great thread! :encourage19:
There's a milk crate full of pints of homemade apple brandy in my garage.
It was an experiment that went terribly wrong 3 years ago...:whistle67:
I'm pretty sure rubbing alcohol would go down smoother... :sick77:
It's gotta go! I need the jars! :giggle2:

M

MrsPinecone

I just made far too much jam and the peach-ginger was a low sugar one. Low sugar jams don't keep either flavor or color for long enough. I am back to full--sugar jams, because really? How much jam does one eat at a sitting, anyway?

Green is Gold

Member of the Month 6/12 - Queen Of Circle Driving
Staff member
Trader Group
I just made far too much jam and the peach-ginger was a low sugar one. Low sugar jams don't keep either flavor or color for long enough. I am back to full--sugar jams, because really? How much jam does one eat at a sitting, anyway?
LOL...a teaspoon? :dontknow1:
I'm totally picking berries this year and doing jam...I love jam!

bugweena

Trader Group
I tried to make plum jam with plums a co-worker gave me. I tried it and didn't like the consistency. Still have the jars filled. Need to dump those!

M

MrsPinecone

I tried to make plum jam with plums a co-worker gave me. I tried it and didn't like the consistency. Still have the jars filled. Need to dump those!

I love plum jam, but I chop the fruit pretty finely so that there aren't huge chunks.