THE best Beer Bread !!!!!

V

vloglady

Can't tell you how many compliments I've gotten on this. It's soooo easy. Don't make it if you live alone and have no willpower.

BTW, it's better after a few hours. Don't make it and expect to eat it right away. You have to wait a few hours. Make it in the morning for dinner. It HAS to sit a few hours or it will just crumble.

Ingredients

• 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
  • 3 cups self-rising flour
  • 3 tablespoons white sugar

Directions

1. In a large bowl, mix together the sugar and flour. Add beer and continue to mix, first using a wooden spoon, then your hands. Batter will be sticky. Pour into a 9 x 5 inch greased loaf pan.
  2. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees ) for 50 for 60 minutes. The top will be crunchy, and the insides will be soft. Serve topped with butter or cheese spread.

V

vloglady

No bread machine, just in a big bowl. takes 30 seconds to mix.

bugface711

Mod of the Month 12/2010 Sǝɔᴚǝʇɐᴚʎ ʇo ʇɥǝ Quǝǝn
Trader Group
I am so glad you posted this. I recently tried tastefully simples beer bread in the pkg and its fantastic. However, its also super expensive. The few recipe's I found on google are not as quick and to the point as yours.

S

SLP99

Excellent! Thanks for posting-I've been looking for an alternative to that expensive mix...can't wait to try this!

V

vloglady

I just can't say how GOOD this bread is. I know it's gonna be awfully hard to wait a few hours. If you cut it while it's still hot, it will sort of crumble. Make it, then go out a few hours. LOL.

The hardest part is remembering to get the self rising flour. There is a substitute, something like a cup of flour to a teaspoon/tablespoon baking powder and a bit of salt. Google it, you'll find it.

I sometimes put some herbs in, maybe rosemary/thyme/Italian seasoning. sprinkle of garlic.

Some recipes call for a lot more sugar. No, it doesn't need it. Just flour, beer and sugar. How easy is that?

bugweena

Trader Group
I am making this today! Will let you know how it turned out tonight....if I can wait that long to try it. :)

KrispyKrittersUSA

Trader Group
Thank you for posting this. I tried to make a beer bread in the past, but it was complicated and turned out like a big doorstop.

queenofthehivemomof5

Admin Hottie
Trader Group
Make Your Own Self Rising Flour

For each cup of all-purpose flour, add 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.

Thanks for the recipe...I may give this a try today. Have some beer that we are not going to drink...

Abbybob

Trader Group
This is hte recipe my family uses and it's WONDERFUL!

You can use soda instead and add dried fruit, chocolate chips or make a crumbly struesel top (mix a little flour, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice mix) for a sweet bread, or some italian seasoning and italian cheese blend in the dough for a great savory bread.

It's super yummy!!

S

SLP99

I made this today and it's WONDERFUL!!!! I plan to make this often, thanks for posting!

bugweena

Trader Group
Two thumbs up, OP. This one will definitely be in our recipe book. Thanks for posting.