Community Spotlight - Good News Thanks to your generous donations, I was able to donate $94 to ACS last week!

Discussion in 'Community Spotlight: Share Your Successes!' started by Linda_in_FL, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Linda_in_FL

Linda_in_FL Cancer Research Warrior! Trader Group

I sent a total of $94 last week (for June donations) to our American Cancer Society More than half from regulars who take coupons every week - a little from another trade group, a little from a few of you here and some from EBAY. Total there a little UNDER $2,200.

I got this email below from ACS. NOTE the Silver Fundraising Club is $2,500. - I dont think I will get there before this year closes end of August. -

Thanks to those who took coupons for a contribution or for BTFED. I DID get ONE generous donation from a HCW member for $25 at beg. JULY - It will go in with JULY donations end of this month.

Here is the ACS email that I got yesterday"
    Dear Linda,

There seems to be no stopping you when it comes to raising funds that support our mission to save lives and celebrate lives. You are making a big impact already, and you’re just dollars away from joining the Silver Fundraising Club.

Want some fundraising ideas to help you reach Silver? Here you go!
    upload_2018-7-17_16-2-3.png
    Thank and remind participants that they’re helping the American Cancer Society save lives!

Thanks again, Linda

Your American Cancer Society
    Relay For Life of Weston
    Dayami Gomez

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    Sherri1480, MamaVader and pasharain like this.
  2. Linda_in_FL

TY pasharain and MamaVader for your support here (and a few others who take coupons and donate). Wish there were more like you.

Got ANOTHER email from ACS that shows how much the monies we send are helping over time. I am CERTAIN that some of us and our family members are benefiting from the donations of some of us and many others in the nation.

Here is the info I got this evening:
    Rates from cancer have dropped 25% since 1991 — which translates to more than 2.1 million lives saved! Funds you’re raising will help us save even more lives, and improve the lives of those living with cancer.

God Bless all who help and thanks again.
    Linda

pasharain and Sherri1480 like this.
  3. pasharain

pasharain (ง︡'-'︠)ง ♥ Quasher of Dead Links ♥ Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Trader Group

You're welcome @Linda_in_FL, I admire your dedication to such a wonderful cause.

I am killing myself to try and think about how to get more traders back in our forums. If anyone has ideas, I would love to hear them.

4. Linda_in_FL

Seems like a lot of coupons can be downloaded to devices or use of digital coupons so need not trade. That may be one reason why there is not a lot of trading going on. Another reason is that many coupons expire in a week some in 2 weeks so mo time to trade w. others. (I THINK this is what the newspaper people do to make people BUY more newspapers.) ALSO mail is slowing down - It used to take a day to get mail nearby and 2-3 days may to go anywhere in the nation. now it takes a lot longer. (I think this is the USPS secret try to get more people to use Priority mail).

ALSO notice that coupons are getting less in value and many items when people start to buy the coupons disappear or become very specific (type, sizes). I have a lot of people looking for dry cat food. The Friskies coupons coming this weekend are ONLY for WET cat food. Also some are for large bags when for dry food. Not many anymore for the 4 lb bags.

Just my thoughts. Looks like online trading is a dying thing. I told that to DH more than a year ago.

Linda

pasharain likes this.
  5. pasharain

pasharain (ง︡'-'︠)ง ♥ Quasher of Dead Links ♥ Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Trader Group

@Linda_in_FL I agree. I also think the advent of "curb side" grocery pick up (where coupons cannot be used) is also contributing to the dying art of "couponing."

Linda_in_FL likes this.
  6. greenfrog57

greenfrog57 Mod Of The Month July 2011 Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Trader Group

You can use coupons at Kroger Clicklist when you pick up, but I agree that digital coupons are so much easier to use than paper. Although I detest the rebate apps - I always forget to upload my receipts and when I remember, oftentimes the offers have expired early. :(

pasharain likes this.
  7. pasharain

Me too! I even write reminders on my grocery list and still forget to upload my receipt. o_O

I do Walmart pick up usually, and no coupons allowed...so far anyway. I hate that. I am glad to know about Kroger, I do have one near me.

greenfrog57 and Linda_in_FL like this.