Recipes - Super Simple Tex-Mex Corn Chowder

greenfrog57

Mod Of The Month July 2011
Staff member
Administrator
Super Mod
Trader Group
It's a great vegetarian dish or side-dish, but my mom says you can add browned ground beef to turkey to this recipe if you want. It's quick and easy. Add what you like for seasonings. (I added cumin and chili powder.) I use 1 cup water in place of chicken broth and add a can of Rotel as well. SUPER QUICK!

Tex-Mex Corn Chowder (this originated from Del Monte)

Ingredients

• 1 can (14-3/4 oz.) DEL MONTE Cream Style Golden Sweet Corn
  • 1 can (8-3/4 oz.) DEL MONTE Whole Kernel Corn , drained
  • 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) DEL MONTE Diced Tomatoes with Garlic & Onion
  • 1 can (15 oz.) black or red kidney beans , rinsed and drained
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth

Directions

1. Combine cream corn, whole kernel corn, undrained tomatoes, beans, broth and 1/2 cup water in medium saucepan. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
  2. Ladle into bowls. Sprinkle each serving with shredded cheddar cheese or chopped fresh chili peppers, and garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired

K

kwhile0599

And fast! 5 minutes - now you're talking! Beat the clock!

shelleyf

Member of the Month March 2009
Trader Group
I make extra ground beef when I know I am making something similar to this. Also a ranch dressing packet. You are right it is easy and it is good. My family devours it up so I make a huge pot of it. It tastes even better then next night.

greenfrog57

Staff member
Administrator
Super Mod
Trader Group
It is really good. I gave this recipe to a friend who is not a cook. Her DH who is the chef of the house couldn't get enough and had NO CLUE it was all canned goods ROFL!

greenfrog57

Staff member
Administrator
Super Mod
Trader Group
[MENTION=3]queenofthehivemomof5[/MENTION] - This is that canned goods recipe I mentioned yesterday.

greenfrog57

Staff member
Administrator
Super Mod
Trader Group
LOL I said "what can I make with canned black beans and cream of mushroom soup?"

This sounds good. I may have to pick up some creamed corn, though to make it. I never buy canned corn (we like frozen or of course fresh).

I didn't hear the cream of mushroom part (obviously). But, I bet you could make black bean & mushroom enchiladas. Just use the cream of mushroom soup in lieu of cream of chicken in a Campbell's recipe.

greenfrog57

Staff member
Administrator
Super Mod
Trader Group
This is on the stove now. YUM! 4 cans at 50¢ each plus I used water in place of chicken stock. $2.00 total!

greenfrog57

Staff member
Administrator
Super Mod
Trader Group
Sounds like a handy throw meal to throw together in a pinch.

I keep picking up creamed corn meaning to use it recipes, then when I'm ready I can't decide what I should do with it. ;)
Your having the creamed corn and not knowing what to make with it is better than my wanting to make this recipe and not having a can!