Expired Teach me all about SavingStar!!!

Discussion in 'Coupons Archive' started by cody82414, Oct 15, 2015.

1. cody82414

cody82414 Member of the Month 06/11 Happy Hoo-Ha Hacker Trader Group

Teach me all about SavingStar!!!

Add your hints and tips here please :smile7:

2. jastwins

jastwins ※Kaboom!・:・:・゜ Trader Group

Once you register, you need to link your store cards. I think they allow 2 per store. Check the app daily since you have to activate the offer(add it to your list) to get money back. Some offers expire quickly while others last longer. Offers are limited and you may not get every one. When you link the card, it takes a couple of days for it to become active. When you shop, scan your store card at the start of the order. If you buy the products and quantities listed, you will get that credit. Once you build up a $5 balance, you can transfer money to a paypal account. They also give you an option to download a receipt and that has worked fine for me.

In my experience with this, CVS credits in a couple of days and my supermarket creditsin 2-3 weeks time.

3. cody82414

so do I sign up on my iphone or on my computer?

4. Green is Gold

Green is Gold Member of the Month 6/12 - Queen Of Circle Driving Staff Member Moderator Trader Group

Savingstar is one of the only ones you can use either one. Most require a smart phone, there's one mobisave or something that's only apple products.
    I still use the computer for savingstar, but I'm tech illiterate and still can't even figure out how to use the app from our local schools! :hectic:
    Clip everything you might possibly use when you see it, as offers will "sell out".
    Make sure you check in on the 1st of the month and at least once a week as new offers do pop up throughout the month.
    I LOVE SS! I have over $130 in there right now, I'm saving it for Christmas!

5. cody82414

Hoping I can get over the learning curve for this new stuff fast!

6. jastwins

I did sign up online for this one years ago and it was simple. Now that I finally have a smartphone, it is just easier to use that. Watch for offers that are the item of the week. These are usually good deals but only available for a coyple of days. You can use store sales and coupons and get the savingstar deal. Recently they had cold medicines on sale and with the savingstar it became a freebie.

7. Green is Gold

Green is Gold Member of the Month 6/12 - Queen Of Circle Driving Staff Member Moderator Trader Group

I forgot to say that they post a new healthy offer of the week, every Tuesday.
    It's good for that week only and is 20% back off the purchase of whatever the fresh produce item of the week is.
    I post them HERE in the Giant Eagle forum, but they are the same no matter where you shop.

There are also occasional FREE offers, where you get back the full price of the item. (usually in the $1 - $2 range...a candy bar, cup of yogurt, can of soup, ect.) I could post here when those become available, if you want.

8. Green is Gold

[MENTION=80337]cody82414[/MENTION] tomorrow morning, SS will go live with a free Cadbury "scream" egg. Good the 26th, 27th & 28th. :wink7:

9. bargainsarefun

bargainsarefun Active Member Trader Group

It would be nice to see a separate ongoing post for the freebie..I don't think they send out an email like they used to.

10. Green is Gold

They do, but only if you've cashed in at least 6 deals in the last month.
    It's just a heads up, the offer will be available to everyone at the same time.
    My issues in the past with starting threads like that is that people don't read and they become filled with posts saying things like, "This is no longer available! I'm so disappointed! "
    No, it's not, because it was only good for 3 days...
    Ya know? :dontknow1:

11. jastwins

There are a bunch of offers expiring today, so check early tomorrow. In the last 2 months I did miss out on some makeup and shampoo offers since they are limited. You see them in your offers, but you get the sold out message if you click on them. Let's hope they have some good deals in the mornings. Happy savings!

12. Green is Gold

[​IMG]Save 20% on any single purchase of loose Pumpkins at participating retailers. See offer info for complete details. Check back every Tuesday for a new Healthy Offer.

Expires 11/2/2015
    One time use only

13. Green is Gold

Sorry! I forgot to post here that bananas are the healthy offer of the week. (this will change again on Tuesday, I will try and remember to update)
    There will be another FREEBIE tomorrow, it will be a packet of Ortega taco seasoning and will be valid 11/8 - 11/10!

14. Green is Gold

[​IMG]Save 20% on any single purchase of loose Tomatoes at participating retailers. See offer info for complete details. Check back every Tuesday for a new Healthy Offer.

Expires 11/16/2015
    One time use only

15. avlmoyer

avlmoyer Member Trader Group

I love SS to a point. Albertsons for me is still auto. when I swipe my old store card. ( yes, the newbie checkers always want to argue that they don't use the card anymore). But Albertsons doesn't always carry the product like the Free Ortega seasoning this week. My other choice is Smith's and it is not auto. and I don't have a SMART enough phone so I have to take a picture of my receipt which can be 4 pictures long, upload it to my email, open the email and save photos of receipts, go to SS online and click submit a receipt. A HUGE HASSLE for say $.20 produce savings. So, with megasale going on at Smith's, I've had extra long receipts. To make it easy to submit for the Ortega, I used my DD's store number when I purchased that item and a couple other items. MY QUESTION IS: Will my submission be rejected because I used my dd's store card number and not my own?

16. jastwins

[MENTION=102545]avlmoyer[/MENTION], you can have 2 cards loaded on savingstar for each store. I use my parent's card and my own card for shoprite. Savingstar only looks at the number you enter and not the name. Sometimes I get a surprise when a shoprite purchase pops up and I know I did not shop there. Thanks, Mom and Dad.

If you don't like taking pics of the long receipt, try to split your order. Do a couple of Savingstar items on one receipt so it shorter and easier to submit. Two stores I had on SAvingstar are now out of business, so as of 11/9 SAvingstar no longer accepts two of my cards. : ( Some locations were taken over by Stop N Shop, so I hope my card works there. Where I live, some stores have no loyalty program so if they are on the list, you must submit your receipt.

Just this week, I received a great deal on my Advil purchase. Last week, CVS had a sale on Advil 40 or 50 count. I bought the film coated Advil for $5.99 and used a $3 coupon from my Sunday insert. Savingstar credited me $3 for film coated ADvil, $1 off Advil purchase, and $2 off CVS Advil purchase. Later at home I was able to get $2 from another app, Mobisave. This is probably the best MM I have had with SAvingstar so far.

17. avlmoyer

thanks for the tip. I'll go do that second card number now. You are right. I should have simply separated the Ortega and used my own card for a simpler submission.

18. Green is Gold

[​IMG]Save 20% on any single purchase of loose Oranges at participating retailers. See offer info for complete details. Check back every Tuesday for a new Healthy Offer.

Expires 11/23/2015
    One time use only

19. Green is Gold

[​IMG]Save 100% when you buy ONE (1) 1.5 oz. Milk Chocolate Kit Kat® bar.

Expires 11/24/2015
    One time use only

20. avlmoyer

I try to do every produce SS if, it's produce we will use. There wasn't a loose orange to be found in my Smith's store last shop. They likely had Organic but didn't check that and they had bagged oranges. Next shop I looked at Albertsons which is always higher priced but was hoping they were on sale. The few they had offered were big and dried up looking so I passed there as well. Didn't figure I was saving any $$ if I was just buying something to use the coupon. I have today to try again and of course we can't loose out on free chocolate...Kit Kat bar has always been a stocking stuffer for my DD. "Give me a Bite, Give me a Bite, Give me a Bite of that Kit Kat bar". I can still hear singing that jingle when she was 5 and toothless. She's 21 now. :smile7: