Expired Teach me all about Ibotta!!!

Discussion in 'Coupons Archive' started by cody82414, Oct 15, 2015.

1. cody82414

cody82414 Member of the Month 06/11 Happy Hoo-Ha Hacker Trader Group

Teach me all about Ibotta!

Add your hints and tips to this thread please :smile7:

2. jastwins

jastwins ※Kaboom!・:・:・゜ Trader Group

If you sign up for Ibotta, it is store specific, so check your store offers before you shop. With Ibotta you need to scan the item barcode and the receipt. They have brand and generic offers, so check your app weekly. You have to activate the offers--tap the offer, watch a video or answer a question. Then you must send a picture of your receipt.
    Ibotta works for grcery and online stores. Check the App before making a purchase to see which stores participate. For online purchases you need to go through Ibotta to get a link emailed to you and you must shop through this link. It takes about 2 weeks to get the credit.

A little more work on this app, but when you reach $10, you can transfer $$ to paypal.

3. Lucky1307

Lucky1307 Super Swapper June '09 Trader Group

Just learning this myself this week, I can't remember [MENTION=80337]cody82414[/MENTION] if you shop at Fareway but if you do you can't scan receipts after your trip, you have to give them your phone number at the register :rolleyes24:

4. cody82414

cody82414 Member of the Month 06/11 Happy Hoo-Ha Hacker Trader Group

So I sign up on my laptop or on my iphone??

5. Lucky1307

Lucky1307 Super Swapper June '09 Trader Group

I signed up for all these on my computer while I was waiting for the apps to load on my phone. I do as much as I can from my computer and phone at home because I am too cheap to turn the data on phone and my stores don't have wifi.

6. jastwins

I have the app on my phone and it is very easy to navigate, but there have been some bugs with it. You may have to reload it as I have done it twice already. It is nice to have the option of using the computer, but the app is faster for check the barcode and seeing your store lists.

Another word of advice with ordering online items through Ibotta for a rebate. I guess they are concerned about returns so my $10 Nike credit will take 2 to 3 months to post. I think that is a little to long to wait since I am not returning anything, but I am stuck for now.
    However, if it is a retailer where you can upload your receipt, then it takes about a day to get your credit.

7. skimo

skimo Well-Known Member Trader Group

I was reading the website for Ibotta & it sounds like you can link your grocery card , it Food lion, to your account versus scanning the receipt and products . Has anyone tried this?

8. jastwins

[MENTION=4796]skimo[/MENTION], you are correct. Thank you!!! The stores they listed are not in my area, but there are many that others can link their store cards to their Ibotta account. Here is a list

Ibotta - Better than Coupon

I have to admit, when I joined I did not read the website and it would be so much easier to have your store card linked. This is worth the time and effort to check out and save!

9. skimo

So..if you've activated an offer, how long do you have to use it?

10. burgess4kids

burgess4kids New Member Trader Group

They all have different expiration dates. If you click on the offer, it should be on that page.

11. skimo

Thanks..I was having problems seeing it on my tablet, but after I downloaded the app to my phone, I sorted it out....and already made a $1:giggle2:

12. skimo

Up to $8 savings now. :BigHand:

Most of my activated offers will expire by 2/15, so I hope they are loading more soon.

13. skimo

More good ones:

0.25/1 Dozen eggs, any; exp 2/22
    0.50/1 Shredded cheese, any; exp 2/22
    0.25/1 Avacadoes, any; exp 2/22
    0.25/1 Red Bell peppers; exp 2/22
    0.25/1 Onions; exp 2/22
    0.25/1 Tomatoes, loose or on the vine, exp 2/22

14. skimo

More just loaded........

15. Angela Thiede

Angela Thiede New Member

I can confirm that they do payout. I've cashed out already. Did Amazon gift card. Fast, easy.

If you're a Wal-Mart shopper, they've added a feature to scan the QR code at the bottom so you don't have to scan the whole receipt...which is quite nice.

16. bmunch

bmunch Member

After reading this thread I downloaded the app via facebook. Tried linking my grocery loyalty card and got an error saying card is already in use. Not off to a great start.

I sent support and email. Let's hope this gets better.

Ooh and there's eggs, milk, bread, bananas and onions out there.

17. jastwins

This app has had issues and has updates available on the App Store. I did have to delete it once and add it back. My figures were fine and the updates improved it. If you have an iphone, make sure clear your open screens to help it run better.

18. bmunch

bmunch Member

Support got back to me already (day after I emailed them) and my loyalty card is now connected. Bonus, they credited me 50¢ for milk I purchased before I even downloaded the app and I got $10 for completing my first rebate. So far, this app rocks!