FAQ Target FAQ

Discussion in 'Target' started by queenofthehivemomof5, Aug 11, 2006.

Tags:
  1. pennywatcher

pennywatcher Mod Of The Month Dec 2007 Trader Group

The HCW owners would not allow the generator to exist here if it were not ethical to use it. They have been very careful to make sure that the only coupons we put in the generator are coupons that were a) officially released to the public by Target and b) not print-number restricted. Using the coupons from the generator is no different than printing multiples of the coupons when they are first released and then holding on to them during the four weeks they are valid.

We grab the images once from the Target site when they first come out. I would advise against asking the store. Their default answer will be no, you can not print them from any site other than target.com. There's no other answer they can give since they do not control any site other than target.com.

2. bobthompson

bobthompson New Member

okie doke

3. pegbert64

pegbert64 New Member

Manuf coupon with another store's logo.....

I could not find this specific answer on this tread, so I'm hoping someone knows the answer.

I see in the Target FAQ that they will not accept coupons from other retailers. I'm assuming that means, for example, a Walgreens coupon (or a coupon that specifies good only at a specific store). What about coupons that specifiy "manufacturer coupon", but then have a logo from another store, but do NOT say that they can only be redeemed at said store?

Case in point: I'm looking at some coupons for Brita filters; they say "manufacturer coupon" at the top, but there is a logo from Publix on the coupon, although no where does it say "redeemable ONLY at Publix". Can I use this at Target?

Thanks!

4. johnfdeluca

johnfdeluca Member Of The Month March 2010 Trader Group

I think YMMV. I've successfully used MQs which have another store's logo at Target (case in point the Vitamin Water printable which had the Ralph's logo). But I first went to the customer service counter and asked them. I showed them the Q and that it read "Manufacterer's Coupon". They accepted it. But the difference there is that it didn't say "redemmable ONLY at x". I think those words bind the legal use of the coupon to the store where it can be redeemed.

5. pegbert64

pegbert64 New Member

That's what I was thinking. I also used those Vitaminwater coupons without incidence, because they were not restricted to redemption at Ralph's only. The coupon I question I would have to buy on eBay, so I don't want to pay for it if there is a chance I can't use it!!

Thank you for your reply!

6. loveebella

loveebella New Member Trader Group

Ok I went to Target with a q for 2 off any 2 caress excl.tahitian renewal and I got tons of the trial sized soaps. I have already went to 2 diff Targets and the cashiers jsut manually adjusted the prices. Well when I went back today I had a new cashier and she verified w someone else and then she said I could not use them. Then I said why I have been using them all day and everyone just adjust's the price. She then called another girl form some office ( iam guessing someone in charge) so she looks over the coupon for 10 min (JK) and then says well its a family dollar q I said it says man q then blah blah blah. I told her they had been adjusting the price on the q and she said ...how? (omgosh.. r u kidding me..? u work here u should know) They just enter in into the screen..duh? Anywho she then pulled the one purchase per q card and I said ok I will do all seperate transactions..she said we cant do that ...uugghhh ok give me q back.....
    Who is right here? I am calling corporate tomorrow. I even told her you are getting full value back on the q and I am the one losing out..
    btw I was getting the trial sized caress for 99 or the bodywash for 97. please help thanks

7. loveebella

Ok Hubby called corporate and they said I can use them and for to go back in with their q policy which they emailed to me and if they give me any problems for me to call teh # while I am still at the register:biggrin:. Well I went to CS and asked them and the same girl who had rung me up a few days ago said she could not...I said you already have X days ago. Sje said let me call my manager..Manger comes ove rand say yes we can i say ok is there a limit shes says no no limit..:biggrin: So then I go get my stuff come back and the 1st lady who gave me a hard time about it is the ine who rings me up...uugghh...So she is acting all chipper..Hi w a big juicy smile.and my boys keep telling her hi and so she keep stelling them hi!! She is not to happy she manually adjust every Q and then rolls her eyes and tells me my total....98 cents. I give her my $ and she kinda ...oh who cares I got my free soap and toothpaste :BigHand: wooohooo and I also got my target q policy that I will whip out faster tahn lighting. MY hubby said he felt empowered after he talked to corporate..he said clean them out of caress..lol hes crazy

8. pokerpansy

pokerpansy New Member Trader Group

I searched this thread and didn't see anything on this so here is my question, do you pay tax on items that have had price adjustments? I had a coupon for 2.00 off of the renu lens cleaner which cost 1.52. The cashier adjusted the price down on this and several other items. I couldn't figure out if I had to pay tax on these or not. Also, I used to get overages on coupons used on trial size items like the Tylenol coupon that says on any Tylenol. The cashier price adjusted that from 1.00 off to .97 off on that and other trial items. Don't they usually give overage since I had bought other things so I wasn't getting money back? Isn't Target being reimbursed for the coupon value and not the price adjusted value? Any information on price adjustments and if you pay tax on the original price (before coupon is used) would be helpful. Thanks!

9. pennywatcher

Whether you pay tax on the pre or post coupon amount is state dependent. In Georgia, store coupons decrease our taxable amount, but manufacturer coupons do not. I think it's the same in Florida, but I'm not positive.

Overage isn't guaranteed. Yes, they'll get the full $1 back even if the item was only $0.97. The coupon policy says, "We can't give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item; in this case, we're able to adjust the value of the coupon to equal the price of the item." Some interpret that to mean no overage, regardless of whether you have other items in your order to absorb it while others interpret it to mean you get the overage as long as your transaction total doesn't go negative. When I've asked manufacturers about it in the past, they've told me it's up to the store to decide what happens to the overage. We see a wide range of experiences at Target. Some folks get overage 100% of the time with no issues, others get their coupons adjusted, others have their coupons denied.

10. loveebella

I agree about the overage the first few time I got my Caress every q was scanned at face value and then the last one would not take cause they would have owed me..:) I should have used a filler,but after the first 2 times they manually adjusted each q for the price of the items and then I paid tax.

11. Roxy

Roxy Active Member Trader Group

Target return on something I used a q for

Can someone tell me what to expect. I bought a $35 item and used a $10 MQ with it. If I need to return this item, how will it be handled by CS?

12. johnfdeluca

johnfdeluca Member Of The Month March 2010 Trader Group

Re: Target return on something I used a q for

You should be refunded the full amount of $35.

Roxy likes this.
  13. Freeman36

Freeman36 New Member Trader Group

I am not really sure where to ask this question,so here goes. Can you use a B1G1 and another for a $ amount off at the same time at Target for 2 of the same items? I really do not want to be embarrassed at the store if they are just going to tell me no.

14. mbella77

mbella77 New Member

I purchased the glade glass holder but didn't use the refill coupon b/c I didn't like the scents they had.

Could I got back with my receipt and get the refill free anyway?

15. CouponClipper15

CouponClipper15 New Member Trader Group

Question answered.

16. tranquilmama

tranquilmama New Member

Printing question about the Target e-centives coupons...

Is it the same like bricks or smartsource where you can backspace and print 2?
    If so, when do you know it's safe to go back and refresh - so that you don't get the messege saying you have already printed your allowable max?

thanks!!!

17. neesie03

neesie03 New Member Trader Group

I've never done it that way, not sure if it would work like bricks. I always go back to coupons and find the coupon if I need to print it again.

18. feyzanour

feyzanour New Member Trader Group

the target q-policy says if the q amount is higher than the sale price, the q will be adjusted so there should not be any overage?

Q: Can I use a coupon for more than the value of the product (e.g. a $1 coupon on a $0.97 item)? Do I get overage?
    Yes and maybe. See the email on Target's coupon policy. The cashier should adjust the coupon value down to match the item price. Sometimes the register will recognize a Target coupon and adjust it down automatically. Sometimes the register will automatically take off the full value of a manufacturer's coupon.

19. disabledvetswife

disabledvetswife Mod of the Month June 2012 Staff Member Trader Group Moderator

Correct. Target's "official" policy is no overage. With that being said, most Target coupons will automatically adjust down to the item price. However, the manufacturer's coupons have to manually be adjusted...so YMMV. Some cashiers will just K1 it through, some will tell you they cannot adjust them & try to reject them altogether and some will manually adjust them down.

HTH.

20. pennywatcher

The policy on their website is a little more current than that e-mail now. Two relevant items:

• Coupon amount may be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied.

• We can't give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item.
    Overage is not guaranteed, but the HCW stand is that it's not specifically
    prohibited. HCW allows discussion because the guidelines say, "Coupon amount *may* be reduced..." not that it will or should be. They also use the term "cash back" which some people interpret to mean that as long as your transaction is net positive, it's within the terms of Target's coupon "guidelines".