FAQ Target FAQ

Discussion in 'Target' started by queenofthehivemomof5, Aug 11, 2006.

Tags:
  1. greenrays

greenrays New Member Trader Group

It worked...Thanks for re-posting!!!

2. nuffsaid

nuffsaid New Member Trader Group

Can I use a cat coupon from issued at another store at Target. It is for cottonelle and says manu coupon?

TIA

3. feyzanour

feyzanour New Member Trader Group

i read the q-poicy but nothing about this. How many same qs can u use per transaction?

thanks

4. pennywatcher

pennywatcher Mod Of The Month Dec 2007 Trader Group

There is no corporate policy on the matter. Each individual store has the authority to set a policy. Some stores will let you use as many identical coupons as you want. Some will restrict you to something like two. Sometimes a manager will make up a rule on the fly if he/she feels a consumer is using "too many".

5. riley1319

riley1319 New Member Trader Group

I thought I read somewhere that Target registers can provide duplicate receipts? Is that correct and does anyone know if they are labeled "duplicate"?

6. riley1319

riley1319 New Member Trader Group

In case anyone is interested, the answer to this question is yes, Target can print a second copy of your receipt and it is not labeled "duplicate". The tricky part is that some cashiers don't know how to do it and there is only one time in the transaction process it can be completed.

7. mexicomom

mexicomom New Member

Today I had a frustrating experience at Target. It was the whole one coupon per purchase vs. transaction thing. I had two assistant managers tell me that my way didn't make sense. So, I came home and called corporate. The first lady told me I was in the wrong (long story), and then told me it wasn't necessary for me to have the coupon policy in hand. :shrug7:

The reason I am writing is because the third lady I spoke with finally said, "Of course we can send you the policy by email."

I am pasting the policy below. A "No Overage" policy is now in the official policy. Is this new? If it is, so sorry that I am posting already known info. I just read today about someone getting overage.

Dear XXXX XXXXXXX,

Thanks for asking us about using coupons at Target. Coupons are a great way to save even more when shopping with us, and it's easy to use them at our stores. Because of the variety of coupons available to our guests, we do have some guidelines for how coupons can be redeemed at Target.

When accepting coupons, we use the following guidelines:

- We accept two kinds of coupons: Target-issued and manufacturer-issued.
    - We'll accept one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon for the same item, unless either coupon prohibits it.
    - We can't give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item; in this case, we're able to adjust the value of the coupon to equal the price of the item.
    - We can't accept coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in our stores.
    - All valid coupons should be presented to the cashier while you're checking out.

For questions about using a specific coupon, we encourage you to stop by Guest Service and ask to speak with the Guest Service Team Leader. They'll do their best to help while you're in the store. If you still have questions after speaking with them, please call our Guest Relations team at (800) 440-0680. Either way, we're here to help!

We appreciate the opportunity to share this information with you.

Sincerely,

Cheryl
    Target Guest Relations

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  8. pennywatcher

That part of the policy is not new. Overage has always been YMMV. The policy can be taken to mean that they will not hand you money at the end of the transaction (a.k.a. cash back), but that the overage can be applied to the rest of the transaction.

9. sherig

sherig New Member

my cashier at target in quakertown pa would not adjust down the value of the coupons in my order. from reading here, should i talk to the guest services first to find out the stores policy since it sounds like that is corporate policy (to adjust value).
    looking for help since i don't shop target enough to know if it was just that cashier or a change...

10. pennywatcher

My bet would be that it was just that cashier. My impression is that when cashiers do not adjust the value down, it is not because their store management has decided intentionally to go against corporate policy. I think in most cases, it's that they are unaware of the corporate policy and how coupons get redeemed.

I'd suggest that you contact corporate so they send you a copy of the coupon policy. Print it out and take it with you when you shop at Target. When/if a cashier does not want to adjust the value of the coupon, pull out the policy.

11. stephabell

stephabell New Member

Another question about Target's coupon policy...

I received two coupons from Purina for free Tidy Cats litter. I have been holding onto these coupons, knowing that Target often does the gift card sale on Tidy Cats (buy 2, receive a $5 GC). So, this week is the week. I go in today, pick up my two cat litters and some other things. The cashier rings it all up, hands me my GC, and I hand her my coupons. She tells me to wait a minute, then goes and gets the manager. Manager tells me that I cannot use my coupons this week, since it is the GC sale, but that I can use them next week, when they are no longer on sale. This doesn't make any sense to me. I read all the wording on the coupons, the coupon policy on this site, and in the sale ad, and I see nothing about that. Does anyone have any experience with this matter? Should I try again at another location, or at another time when another manager might be on duty? I'm thinking about emailing corporate, so at least I'll have something in print to show, I just don't know if they will get back to me in time.

12. pennywatcher

They should take the manufacturer coupons whether there is a gift card deal going on or not. They aren't losing any money by taking the coupons during the gift card sale since they get reimbursed for them. I am doubtful that e-mailing corporate will get you a response in time. Corporate's first response is always to just send you the standard coupon policy, which does not address your problem. Trying another store or another cashier/manager might lead to success. You may want to go during the hours that the 1-800 number is staffed so you can call Corporate if there is a problem. Unfortunately, there is a possibility that Corporate won't back you and will just say that the store manager has the say on what coupons to accept or not.

13. stephabell

stephabell New Member

Thanks for your response. That was my thought, as well. They are still getting their money for the cat litter, so it doesn't seem to me like it should matter whether or not I get the GC. Besides, if it really did matter, there would be some kind of fine print in the ad, I would think. :) I went during the day, but usually when I have a lot of coupons, I usually go later in the evening (plus, I can go without the baby, which always makes things easier!). I've never had a problem in the evening, so I might try tonight!

14. nichjones

nichjones New Member

Another Target Coupon question.

I went into Target the other day and I was going to purchase 2 rolls of bounty paper towels. I had 2 coupons for $1/1 so I gave her both of my coupons. I also had a target coupon for $2.25/2. The 1st $1 coupon scanned but it beeped for the second $1 coupon. They told me I could only use 1 of those coupons per transaction. They hadn't even gotten to the Target coupon yet.

Is that the new policy?
    Nichole

15. bobthompson

bobthompson New Member

I am curious about the target coupon generator. I am printing out the Hershey's Bliss Candy - which is no longer on the official Target current site. Since the print out does look blurry, it could be assumed to be a fake - is their a Target link that I could show the store that coupons that are still valid, that they are indeed being printed from Target and not reproduced illegally? They gave me a hard time trying to use this coupon (which I printed out from the generator) Thanks much

16. neesie03

neesie03 New Member Trader Group

Target policy is to allow one mfr q per each item purchased, so they should have accepted your (2) $1/1 mfr q's. Target's register programming leaves much to be desired though. I bought two jars of jelly last week and when my mfr q for $1/2 was scanned, it beeped and the register said, "item not found". She did push it through since it was obvious I'd fulfilled the terms of the coupon.

17. pennywatcher

Once the coupons are gone from the Target site, no, there isn't a link to show the store.

How many Target coupons are you printing on a page. They do not come out blurry when I print six on a landscape-format page. I wonder if they are blurry because your browser is enlarging them before printing.

18. bobthompson

bobthompson New Member

I printed standard portrait - so it was 5 a page (to be honest I tried another Q current directly from Target's site and that was also just as blurry)

However, the more important question:
    if they are no longer on Target's website, are they legitimate coupons?

19. neesie03

neesie03 New Member Trader Group

From the FAQ at the very top of the page:
    Q: What Is The Coupon Generator?

The COUPON GENERATOR, located on your HCW toolbar under the coupon resources tab is a great way to select which, and how many Target Store coupons you wish to print.

Just to clarify:

Not all generators out there are the same. There are some generators that grab the coupons off unpublished parts of the Target Store web servers. This would be the equivalent of taking ad copy proofs out of the advertising agency before the copy got approved and published in the paper. Until Target has posted the coupons on their website, the coupons are just drafts and not valid for use.

Hot Coupon World does not do that. The coupons on the Hot Coupon World generator have all been officially published on the Target Store website or sent out in email. The coupons in their original form have no restrictions on the number you can print so the generator is not circumventing any printing restrictions.

Some of the coupons in the generator are no longer on the Target Store website. This is not because Target has invalidated the coupons, it is because Target was ready to put up a fresh, new set before the old set expired.

20. bobthompson

bobthompson New Member

I'm not criticising, just want to do the ethical thing. So is the generator printing them each time from the target site or copying them for reprint - should we ask the store if this is ok?