Taco Meatloaf (Crock Pot)

(it cooks while you loaf)

2 lbs. ground beef
1 c. coarsely crushed corn chips
1/3 c. taco sauce
2 tbsp taco seasoning mix or taco spices
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 c. grated Cheddar cheese

Mix all ingredients together. Shape into a loaf. Place in crock pot. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 - 10 hours or on HIGH for 3 1/2 - 5 hours.

C

cutenirish

I've been making this meat loaf for afew years it's very good but mine usually explode as soon a i try to get it ouf of the darn crock :( Still good but doens't look that pretty

S

sunshine

That sounds really good. I'm going to give it a shot this week. Busy week with school two nights and the parent teacher conf two nights.

F

flash

I wonder how those crock pot liners would work...never tried them.

I have an alternate recipe I'll dig up and post. But here's a tip from my MIL:

Put it into a casserole, smother with grated cheddar or whatever cheese, broil. (Me, I'll just serve individual portions, toss on cheese, it will melt by itself). When the cheese is melted, toss on some sour cream, chopped olives, tomatoes, whatever you like on taco/enchiladas, and serve.

Her take: "It's supposed to look like that".

F

flash

I found this in a crockpot cookbook:

"Make an aluminum foil cradle that will help you easily remove the meat loaf from the slow cooker when it is done: Tear a sheet of foil that is about 24 inches long. Place it along the edge of the counter and tear in half the long way. Fold each piece in half lengthwise, then in half again lengthwise. Place the stripes in the cooker in a cross shape, centering them. The edges of the strips will hang over the edge of the cooker. Place the meat mixture on top of the strips and shape it into an oval or round loaf, depending on the shape of your cooker. By pressing it gently, evening out the top, and shaping it to fit your cooker. Bend the strips toward the meat loaf so they will not prevent the cover from closing properly. Spoon the remaining tomato sauce over the loaf. Cover and cook on HIGH for one hour. Then turn the cooker to low.....to serve, lift the meat loaf onto a cutting board or serving platter using the foil "handles". Slide out and discard the foil strips. Slice the meat loaf and serve hot or refrigerate and serve cold the next day."