SWAGBUCKS DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Hot Entrepreneurs: Build Wealth & Share Links' started by jastwins, Jan 8, 2019.

1. flowerkitty

flowerkitty Super Swapper Trader Group

I have a question for those of you that do the in store deals...I recently did 3 different deals - I wasn’t sure if I needed separate receipts- so I did 3 transactions. The first 2 did not go thru correctly when I tried to redeem - the message was item not found . So I tried on my phone & got the “ we have to take a closer look” reply ...”we will email you & let you know”.
    That was on Monday. I haven’t heard anything.
    The third offer I did on my phone & it went through fine (of course for 25 sb).
    How long does it take for these to get approved?
    Any advice?
    Tia.

Jorainna and Gardencook like this.
  2. Gardencook

Gardencook Well-Known Member Trader Group

I just started doing them in the past couple weeks so I'm not an expert. However, most of mine have gone through almost immediately. When I hit the upload button, the little chipmunk pedaled for a minute, two at the most and then a "Success" screen.

When it didn't accept the receipt the first time, I've resubmitted and gotten the message that the receipt was under review. On one of those -- I think it was the StarKist Tuna -- I got credit within an hour or two.

I had to send in tickets on the remaining two, and I got credit for one the next day and one the same day as I submitted the ticket.

I have absolutely NO idea if it is still necessary, but this is what I do -- no matter how silly I feel doing it.

In the past when you sent in a ticket, you would receive an auto-response saying they had received your ticket. If you did not respond to that auto-response, they wouldn't forward your ticket on to a representative. I have NO idea why, but that is what happened. Then you never heard back.

So now when I get my auto-response, I immediately hit the reply button and explain that I'm responding because in the past if you didn't, the ticket wouldn't be forwarded on. I know it sounds absolutely ridiculous, but it seems to work.

When Microsoft messed up my keyboard on my old computer, I couldn't respond to one of my tickets so I had to dictate the note to DH so he could e-mail my response and I could then copy and paste it into the reply form. He had no idea what I was trying to say because it sounded so crazy, so I had to stop and explain it to him -- but it got the job done.

Jorainna, flowerkitty and jastwins like this.
  3. jastwins

jastwins ※Kaboom!・:・:・゜ Trader Group

@flowerkitty, I have uploaded the image multiple times when get an error message. Sometimes the third time worked. My iPad gave me issues loading the receipts and my phone works better and I upload the receipt to the Shoply app. The shorter receipts work best and I did receive a message on my last receipt that it would be under review and I was credited in 24 hours.

Jorainna, flowerkitty and Gardencook like this.
  4. mtka

mtka Well-Known Member Trader Group

I'm waiting on two from Tuesday still. Last week it was the next day. I think it depends on how many they get.

5. flowerkitty

Thanks, I uploaded on Monday. In your opinions, when should I send in a ticket if I have not heard anything?
    (I just don’t want to wait too long).

Gardencook likes this.
  6. jastwins

Did you try sending it again? I find if I send it earlier in the day it goes through faster. I would send a ticket if it does not load up again today.

flowerkitty and Gardencook like this.
  7. flowerkitty

The offers aren’t in my list anymore.
    Can you tell me the sb amount for the cottage cheese?

Gardencook likes this.
  8. mtka

I still haven't heard from mine from Tuesday but will wait a few more days. I can't resend as the offer isn't in my list while it is being looked at.

16 sb collector's bill today for Armed Forces Day.

flowerkitty, Gardencook and Jorainna like this.
  9. jastwins

@mtka just got mine

Activity
    Armed Forces Day
    Collection Complete - 5 SB Bonus!
    May 16 - May 16
    [​IMG]

Armed Forces Day 2020

flowerkitty, Gardencook and Jorainna like this.
  10. jastwins

flowerkitty and Gardencook like this.
  11. Gardencook

@flowerkitty, here's the offer as I cut and pasted it from the site last Sunday. (Can you tell I don't trust SB? ;))
    To clarify -- or make things more confusing as SB often does -- Swagbucks was offering 1200 SB the previous weeks. The offer disappeared for a while Saturday night then reappeared.
    Last Sunday (May 10) the reward amount was increased to 1500 SB, but that is when it "mysteriously" became "temporarily unavailable" at our only store that sold the brand. DH checked on a couple more days, but nothing.
    On Friday (May 15) -- when I next went back to our store, SB had decreased the reward amount to 500 SB. :( That was so disappointing I didn't even bother to look for it.
    I just checked, and the offer is still shown on my list, but at the lower 500 SB amount. The offer has stayed on my list throughout, but the amount goes up and down with each change.

Good Culture® Cottage Cheese, Earn 1500 SB
    Low fat cottage cheese! The best low sodium snack with healthy probiotics.
    Buy one 16 oz. eligible Good Culture product and earn 100 SB! Buy one 16 oz. eligible product and any other 2 eligible products to earn 1,500 SB!*
    Eligible stores for redemption
    Walmart
    Kroger
    Target
    Publix Super Markets
    Ralphs
    Smith's Food and Drug
    Whole Foods Market
    Dillons
    Fred Meyer
    Stop & Shop
    Sprouts Farmers Market
    Giant Eagle
    Harris Teeter
    Mariano's
    Toggle merchants
    Fine Print
    *Only purchases of the following products are eligible for SB:
    Good Culture® Low-Fat Classic Cottage Cheese, 16 oz
    Good Culture® Low-Fat Classic Cottage Cheese, 5.3 oz
    Good Culture® Pineapple Cottage Cheese, 5.3 oz
    No other products are eligible for SB.
    Must purchase 1 Good Culture® Low-Fat Classic Cottage Cheese (2% or 4%), 16 oz to earn SB.
    SB for this offer can only be earned once per week (Sunday - Saturday), wile supplies last.
    Not all products are available in all eligible retailers.
    This offer is subject to change at any time and is available in limited quantities.
    Purchase must be made between January 23, 2020 and May 31, 2020. Receipt must be uploaded by 11:30 pm Pacific Time on May 31, 2020. Purchases made outside of the listed dates are not eligible for SB.
    Uploaded receipts are not eligible for SB if linked to other promotions.
    Reminder
    Item must be purchased and receipt must be uploaded between 12:00 AM January 23, 2020 and 11:59 PM May 31, 2020.
    Offers are available in limited quantities
    Please check the offer details closely as some offers cannot be redeemed on Swagbucks when clipped, claimed or redeemed on other savings apps or websites.
    Reminder
    Item must be purchased and receipt must be uploaded between 12:00 AM January 23, 2020 and 11:59 PM April 30, 2020.
    Offers are available in limited quantities
    Please check the offer details closely as some offers cannot be redeemed on Swagbucks when clipped, claimed or redeemed on other savings apps or websites.

I would definitely send in a ticket on it.

Last edited: May 16, 2020
    Jorainna, flowerkitty and jastwins like this.
  12. mtka

After a few good weeks, I am done with SB for a while again. Of 4 deals I did, 1 went through fine, 1 I received 200 sb instead of 3000 sb, and the other 2 were rejected. I have sent in 2 tickets, the other was just for 20 sb on Pringles and I'm not going to worry about that one. The ticketing process is so convoluted. You must pick a subject that has nothing to do with in-store offers. I submitted on my phone, then it pops up with does this answer your question and if you don't press no it will close the ticket. Then the email must be replied to yet again with instructions that also have nothing to do with these in-store offers. I hope I will get my 4300 sb, but until then I'm through with any big offers.

Edited to add that I just got one ticket updated and they gave me 1500 sb for the cottage cheese. Still waiting on one more.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  13. jastwins

@mtka i am glad you are getting your points and how everything is credited. On Thursday I lost out on a 2000 point remesh survey. I qualified, logged in early answered questions and waited 15 minutes for it to start. At the correct Time I hit enter and was told all positions filled. Just frustrated.
    I rarely do the in store deals unless I know I will be in the area and submit the receipt as soon as I get in the car.

Jorainna, flowerkitty and Gardencook like this.
  14. Gardencook

@jastwins and @mtka, when SB first started the deals, there weren't any stores in our area that offered anything we needed. Seems like most of what they offered me was Whole Foods or Target. We don't have either. The few Walmart deals were things we didn't need or so low value it wasn't worthwhile.

Then they started routing me to the ones that required a credit card number and I got the idea I'd have to buy groceries with a credit card to do them. I wasn't going to hand out my credit card number to just anybody. We got hacked too many times without doing that last autumn!

I've been ignoring them since then, going without making daily goals on the days we had to add an in-store deal. It was only a couple weeks ago I realized they had some deals that interested me at several stores in our area and I could pay with cash.

I was testing the waters when I did a few. Other than having to send in a couple tickets and having to fuss to get them credited toward daily goal it didn't work out too badly so I planned to start doing more.

However, now that they've been disappearing or lowering amounts from one day to the next, I won't do many. I'm certainly not going to make a special trip to a store each and every day in the middle of Covid-19 for 10 or 25 cents.

If I happen to be going to the store the same day they have one that interests me maybe, but ...

Jorainna, jastwins and flowerkitty like this.
  15. flowerkitty

I was working on submitting a ticket on the dishwasher booster when I got the email notice that my purchase didn’t qualify because offer not found on receipt. It clearly states product & size on the receipt. So I finished sending the ticket.
    Luckily I did get the sb for the 3-cottage cheese.(500)
    I probably won’t do more offers. What a pain!
    They had a program that was similar previously- I remember doing shoe products , trash bags & batteries ...and it was smooth & easy.

Jorainna, jastwins and Gardencook like this.
  16. Gardencook

I got the same response on one of my offers when I sent in a ticket on the Indian sauces. There were only two items on the receipt and the representative asked me to explain which two were the ones that qualified.

I concluded I was probably dealing with someone overseas. If it was India or Pakistan they most likely make their sauces from scratch and have never heard of sauce in a jar.

I explained that Patak's Korma Sauce was abbreviated " Korma Sauce" on the receipt and Patak's Butter Chicken Sauce was abbreviated "Butter Chix" on the receipt. Thankfully I got my SB after that explanation.

If you submitted your cottage cheese receipt when you were supposed to get 1500 or 1200 SB instead of 500, I'd either instant message or post about it to Swagbucks on Facebook, explaining you were credited with the incorrect amount. If you've got a screenshot or e-mail with a date showing when the receipt was "under consideration" that would help prove your case.

Jorainna and jastwins like this.
  17. jastwins

I think too many people caught on and they are altering the deals. Their customer service is not the greatest so I do not do many deals. Just be persistent and hope that the one that reads your email knows what they are doing. Good luck!

Gardencook and Jorainna like this.
  18. Jorainna

Jorainna Finder of Lost "Blinkies" Staff Member Moderator Trader Group

I was unable to get the Armed Forces Collector Bill. I didn't have time to search much that day.

A new Swago board started today, but I never mess with them. I don't have the patience to do surveys.

jastwins and Gardencook like this.
  19. jastwins

Memorial Day collectors bill today
    25 pts plus 5 pt bonus

Memorial Day 2020
    Collection Complete - 5 SB Bonus!
    May 25 - May 25
    [​IMG]
    Memorial Day

itsfun2save, Jorainna and Gardencook like this.
  20. Jorainna

Jorainna Finder of Lost "Blinkies" Staff Member Moderator Trader Group

Yay! I just got my Memorial Day collector bill for today on my 2nd search ... that's a record ... LOL! It also completed my first daily goal ... :)

itsfun2save and jastwins like this.