Swagbucks discussion

Discussion in 'Building Wealth' started by 3timesoccermom, Jan 8, 2014.

1. 3timesoccermom

3timesoccermom The Original Dinner Guru

I got the same email but I had been on and actually gotten a couple of surveys the day before, or maybe the day of, can't remember. None of the answers were suitable for me so I skipped it. I did spend 6 minutes on a 22 minute, 250 point survey today only to have it dq me. Was not too happy about that.

jastwins likes this.
  2. jastwins

jastwins Well-Known Member Trader Group

Don't forget to credit your March bonus points. I received 134 points and am just happy I earned over 100. Many days, I could not even reach my first goal. The surveys are fewer and harder to earn. Makes done days so frustrating.

NoHio and 3timesoccermom like this.
  3. 3timesoccermom

Thanks Jasmine, I got mine earlier today - 114 points - which is about double what last month's was.

jastwins likes this.
  4. jastwins

Still a slow go on SB and there are some days I cannot even hit my first goal. In the morning only, I click on the Discover tab and go onto Radium one. There is an easy way to get some SB points. Click on the tabs for CVS, and it asks if you shop there, click yes, and it shows you a small square for CVS. Click on that and it takes you to a google screen. You are credited the one point and can do this multiple times if you refresh the page. There are sometimes 3 cvs tabs on the first page. You can click on all 3 and do it over again. Some easy ways to get points, just like when they had the gorilla glass ads last year.

Earlier this week, I received a credit of 200 points for completing some survey in March. No clue what it was, but happy to have the points and hit my goals for the day. I am building up my points so I can cash out on May 1. When I cash out, I will get 25 points from my team effort in the last challenge. We were always in second place, but this time I contributed the most points ever.

5. 3timesoccermom

@jastwins I had 2 surveys yesterday PM that both ended without giving me my points but they awarded them to me around midnight. I was quite surprised there would be someone working at those hours - even in CA. This past week I also had several surveys that I spent 6-8 minutes on before being DQ'd and some of them that was just a minute or 2 short of the stated time needed to complete them but I decided not to complain.

I am still waiting on my 1000 points for a 3 part survey I did on the 9th. It said allow 10 days - didn't say business days - but I'll give it a bit longer before inquiring.

This morning there was a survey for 2500 points and when I started it, it was exactly the same as the one for 1000 points I did, but I went ahead because it was just watching a tv show and I was able to work on other things at my desk while it played, but then I inadvertently hit my mouse and it started over and I wasn't about to sit through that show for 30 minutes again. I only started it because, since the points were different, I thought there might have other differences too.

I was only able to get 285 points for the egg challenge but the team was in first place each time I looked. I didn't even notice it til Wednesday evening though so didn't have long to participate.

jastwins likes this.
  6. jastwins

Today, they had a long survey for 700 points but I gave up since I had to go to work. It wanted to know what I ate or drank before i did errands last week. Too tedious and long for me and I have more important things to do. I rarely qualify for the higher payout surveys. Even the 75 point surveys seem to fill up quickly and I get the max capacity message. It is still so annoying to get only 5 points for missed surveys. I would earn more points being rejected than actually completing a survey. LOL

After I took off the VPN software, I can now do n crave on my ipad. So many things were blocked because of it and I am happy to be rid of that tracking software. I try to get my first goal and if possible the second goal, but that is not always the case. I am off to bed and will try again tomorrow.

7. jastwins

You can now credit your April bonus points from Swagbucks. It was a surprise to see that I earned 312 points. This put me over 500 points so I ordered an Amazon gc. So far in May, I ordered and used a $25 Marshalls gc and$15 in cvs gc and still have a $3 EBay Gc. I will stock up on Amazon gcs for the rest of this month since D2 needs IBGard for her stomach issues. It is cheaper on Amazon than in cvs for the 48 ct, so I will order it from them.
    So grateful for my referral who had an awesome month. Thank you!!!!

NoHio likes this.
  8. 3timesoccermom

Pretty disgusted with SB right now. I did a 3 part survey for 1000 points and it said wait ten days for payment. I waited about 15 days and inquired and they told me that was a mistake and it would take 6-8 weeks. I'm going to ask again and see if I get a different response because that is a pretty big "mistake". Not a lot I can do though.

I have been getting a few more surveys and met both goals a few times last month so
    that's an improvement. Most of my points still come from online shopping. I will get 200 bonus points for April.

jastwins likes this.
  9. jastwins

So far this month, I have cashed out for $53 in gcs and used most of them already. Renee, I agree with you, SB is getting on my nerves too. I sent in a request suggesting they fix the bugs they have and was given a message that basically said not to complain anymore and I will never get points from them if I do send a complaint. I even posted it on Facebook and another user said she had never seen anything like that before. When I started SB, I used to send it requests weekly, then, I gave up. A year later I sent another request with a screenshot and was told no points. Not true since I have received points, but I do not get why they are so rude.

I have been checking on the Discover screen to do something different to earn points. The surveys are less available than they used to be and waste of my precious time. Each morning, I put in the max cvs points and look for the daily break points offers. I never really knew there were so many other screens you can try to do something and earn points. If I download an app on my Ipad, I make sure I get the points and then delete the app. Really do not need anymore games taking up valuable space on my "cloud" which seems to be pretty full these days. Sometimes I shop through SB but I usually go through ebates.

By some miracle, my team, Swagtroopers, on the STarWars challenge came in first (we were second for most of the week), but it was a close race. I just cashed in for a $3 ebay gc and was awarded my 50 points. By a stroke of sheer luck, I even earned the StarWArs collectors bill plus a 20 point bonus. I will take any point they are willing to give away for free. My referral is doing a phenomenal job and I am grateful for the extra points she sends my way. :)

10. jastwins

The May bonus is now available to credit to your SB total.
    May was a good month for me and my bonus was a whopping 548 points! (498 points plus a 50 point bonus) I was able to hit my first goal most days, but the recent Swago board and spinN win contest was a point bonanza for me. I earned at least 5 double your survey point completions and 4 double your search wins with spin N win. I did not fill up the swago board, but for the first time, I actually ordered a gift card from MyGiftcards on the SB website. The bonus for buying my gc (166 points) was applied as soon as my gc was credited. I plan to use the gc online this weekend and I hope it works!

My only error was buying my ebay gcs ($13) before the end of May when they were 6% off and now they are 10% off. Still, it was such a good month and in 2 days, with my bonus, I have ordered $45 in CVS gcs. I cannot wait to go shopping.

Green is Gold likes this.
  11. 3timesoccermom

Great going Jasmine! Congrats to you. I was happy my bonus was up to 194.

After 7+ weeks I asked again about my 1000 points from the 3 part survey and it was finally awarded.

I've been happy to get a LOT of 22 point search wins the past couple of weeks. You are more patient than I am Jasmine, I ONLY do the 10 points for the games, the poll, the search, the deal of the day and surveys but there were at least 3 times last month I was within 10 or 15 points or so of meeting my goal so I "watched" those interminably long 2 point videos to get there.

I refuse to even attempt the problematic Peanut Labs or anything else.

A while back there was an offer on the front page - I think it's still there - for an online $-type store called Hollar. I forget the details but you could get 500 or 600 points or so for shopping, then if you spent, I think $25, shipping was free plus you got a credt for the next order. I took a look and was able to load up on toothbrushes for $1/pack (I know many of you get them for free but that doesn't happen here so $1 for 2, 3 or more is great for me). I had been needing them for some time anyway and actually had them on my list for Dollar Tree. The rest of the order was filled in with other useful and inexpensive little things. I took screen shots of everything and will be checking on when those will be awarded.

I was happy to get a survey a few minutes ago that said it would take 29 minutes for 100 points. I would not normally spend that much time but I clicked on it because I expected to be DQ'd. I wasn't though and the survey only took 15 minutes.

I STILL have a bunch of surveys for different amounts and lengths and when I click on them they all start out with "We have some questions for you." I just close it out. I refuse to give any more info than I already have.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    jastwins likes this.
  12. jastwins

I also just click out of surveys. My brain is so tired of answering the same, boring questions.

When I was working on the spin and win, it usually just gave me some sweepstakes entries. However this time I did get lower point amounts often and the double survey and search wins. Like you, Renee, I did get a few of the 22 point search wins and it was nice to see them doubled! I was one short for the collector series but earned the 22 point card 3 times. On my surveys, I was able to get 182 point one to double and 2 75 point surveys doubled as well. My point total was almost at 4,000 by the Memorial day weekend.

Some odd things that I signed up for gave me points in my overall total but not for the day I signed up for them. I had 3 small offers (sign ups) credit me a week later!?! However, last night I did an insurance thing on peanuts labs and had my 92 points in under a minute. Go figure.
    My cold is not better and I do not have the energy for SB today. I may just read my book and take it easy. I will run my videos to get the 10 points while I clean up my kitchen.

3timesoccermom likes this.
  13. Cathy

Cathy Happy Birthday Cathy!!

I am SO frustrated with the surveys on SB...I try every one and usually get disqualified (even after giving them 5-8 minutes of information...I used to qualify every day for at least one. Do you think it's because I'm 70 and they don't value my opinion? Nothing else has changed about me...

3timesoccermom and jastwins like this.
  14. jastwins

@Cathy , there are fewer surveys and more people trying to do them. We get kicked out because others finish more quickly. There are many of us that feel your pain. I find if you go on earlier in the morning,you have a better chance of earning points. If one survey pops up on a message screen try that since it goes by your profile. They are usually worth 50 points. Check you Swagbucks mail for opportunities and other ways to earn. You can play some videos fur points and can do others things while they are playing. They always want you to shop, but I got burned with that too and got nothing.
    My next Birthday will put me in another category. I can't wait to see how many I get kicked out of next month. Oh and I will be in vacation a good part of next month too.

Cathy likes this.
  15. 3timesoccermom

Cathy it definitely gets harder to find surveys after you hit a certain age. There have been several I've been DQ'd from immediately upon putting in my age - so offensive! I do agree some stuff -particularly baby and kid-related things -would not be as relevant to most of us though. I'm sure that's a huge sector of the surveys with the way everyone caters to kids' every tiny little whim now.

Did you just recently turn 70?

When I first started doing SB I got tons of surveys and for at least 1 month made both goals every single day but that has never happened again. Now I usually only make $30-$50 a month but it's still more than I had before and I'm not doing much else so I keep at it, but with limitations. I refuse to do anything other than the few items I listed in a post a few replies back.

If I have a survey that says it's 10 minutes long and I get DQ'd 8 minutes in, I send in a request. I always take these screen shots for proof on every survey: the page where it shows I began the survey, the first page of the survey and shots every minute or so as I go, including the ones that say "thanks, you completed....."

I just paste them into a word file and keep it up during the day so it's quick and easy.

Good luck to you Cathy!

jastwins likes this.
  16. Cathy

Cathy Happy Birthday Cathy!!

thanks for your thoughts guys...I turned 70 in October so it's not recent. I don't know how to take a screen shot..do you need a smart phone for that? I just have a tracfone. I guess what really irks me is when you have answered 100 or so questions and then get disqualified. There should be at least some points (other than the 1 pointer you get sometimes.)

3timesoccermom and jastwins like this.
  17. 3timesoccermom

I'm one of the last remaining dinosaurs that does everything on a desktop computer. If you have a "snip" program it's so easy and quick(I have Windows 7 pro). I use it dozens of times every day to take pics of what's on the screen. If you don't have it there are free downloads you can use to get one.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

If you don't have that, to do a screen shot, you press shift, control and the print screen key (it's on the top row of keys on my keyboard) all at the same time, then paste it to a word file.

Yes, you should get some points for spending that much time. I rarely attach screen shots to my help requests but ALWAYS tell them "I have multiple screen shots of my progress through the survey."

Cathy and jastwins like this.
  18. 3timesoccermom

Wow, I experienced a multitude of problems with SB today. This AM I had to do the games way more than 10 times to get my measly 10 points - that happened another time this week and last week too.

I got DQ'd after spending 10 minutes on a survey, I opened 3 others and all went to a page that said "we are finding you a survey" then did not progress beyond that and just a bit ago I began a 125 point survey with a suggested completion time of 21 minutes. It was extremely tedious and I spent 22 minutes and was at 80% completion when I received this message:
    "An error has occurred which prevents you from continuing at this time. A notice has been sent to the administrator. Please try back later. We apologize for the inconvenience
    ."

There was a link to re-start but I tried multiple times and it never would respond. I sent in a request but it's too late to get credit today. Not too happy about all this garbage.

19. jastwins

I received a message today that said they were experiencing technical problems and were aware of it and working on it. That was enough warning for me to layoff the surveys. Just wonder how they will make it up to people who are owed points? Very lucky I did not lose any points. I hit my first goal and that was good enough.

20. 3timesoccermom

Did you get the message in an email or what?

I really don't think the problem I had - with the 125 point survey - was a SB error, I think it was the survey company but not 100%.