Swagbucks Swagbucks Discussion

Discussion in 'Hot Entrepreneurs: Build Wealth & Share Links' started by 3timesoccermom, Jan 8, 2014.

1. 3timesoccermom

3timesoccermom The Original "Viral" Foodie

I have been using SB for some time now and I'm happy with it for the most part but from time to time I experience glitches or have questions and thought if others did too we could discuss them here.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  2. JulieDB

JulieDB New Member

Re: ~ 2014 Swagbucks discussion

As for the cashing in, I almost always get Amazon.com GCs. The problem? You can only get 5 of a like item in a month. And although this doesn't happen often, I have gotten that many and had points left. Such as last month. I got 5 of the $5 ones and then a $15 one. Yes, I did lose a few points by going that route but it was either that or roll the points over to this month but... I have also been doing a lot of surveys and shopping so will be getting a lot of points now too. I have also done some of the Swagstakes with my points and once won 250 points by doing that.

As for the surveys, they can annoy me. I belong to other survey sites and those will pay me whether I qualify or not. Swagbucks is supposed to pay me 1 point if I am disqualified but I don't always get that. Sometimes they just say that it is full. Sometimes I think I have actually answered enough questions for it to *be* a survey and yet it will give me some bogus message like that they don't need any more people like me. That's not the exact wording but something similar. And I get sick of answering the same questions over and over again. I did get some sort of error tonight on a survey. I have reported errors in the past and they did do something to correct it but that has been several years so I don't remember what they did.

I have had times when I didn't get the Swagbucks. That was for watching videos which I rarely do. I have never done a special offer and would not.

I have also not returned anything so can't help you there.

One mistake I do make is forgetting to click through them to shop. I usually do remember but then I bought this computer chair and did not. That would have gotten me quite a few points.

Another thing that will happen occasionally (much more often on my old computer) is that during a search, I will get points but must enter a Captcha. But for whatever reason my computer will lock up. By the time it unlocks (that's if I don't have to reboot), the Captcha will timeout and I don't get another.

3. tynspaz

tynspaz Member Trader Group

First let me apologize if there are any typos in this, as some of my keys on this keyboard tend to stick frequently.

I have enjoyed using swagbucks. Although I have had a swag acct. for some time, I just recently (Aug.-2013) started really doing it gung-ho! Since that time, I have been able to cash out the allowed (5) $5 Amazon GC and also about $425.00 in paypal. I usually make sure to reach goal everyday and have found that the large chunk of bonus bucks that posts on the 5th of every month has been a nice gift (and always enough to get at least (1) $5 amazon if not 2). After getting my quota of Amazon GC .. I usually save up to either a 25 or 50 paypal and that's what I do with my points.

I absolutely understand your frustration about the surveys though! While I do take the time to go through them, it totally peeves me to spend 10-15 min or more at times just trying to qualify only to be told "sorry"... I shouldn't complain too much though, because I would say that over the past 5 months I have gotten probably more than my fair share of surveys and most have credited instantly.

I did the prilosec offer as well and it did NOT credit immediately as stated. I sent in support request and was credited within 48-72 hours I think. They made me send my screen shots and an email confirmation which showed I had done my part in earning the swagbucks.

As far as the shop and earn part, I usually go through "ebates" when I do any online shopping, so I cannot tell you how returns would work. When you find out, if you could post an update, I would greatly appreciate it, as I am curious to know for future reference. :)

Also, I'm not sure if you have this option on your front swag page, but a couple months ago, I had the option to do "Bing rewards". I signed up through swagbucks and immediately earned 25 swagbucks just for signing up. The nice thing is though that once I earn 525 points on Bing, I can then redeem that code for $5 in swagbucks. Yet, I must say that it is SLOW going for me on Bing as I can usually earn 15-20 points per day there. If anyone knows how to earn more points there, I would be grateful if they would share their knowledge.

Good luck and happy swagging :) I look forward to keeping up to date on this post!

Myra

4. 3timesoccermom

I apologize for not replying sooner.

I've been using SB about as long as you. I do a ton of shopping through the last 2 months of the year so I got quite a few SB's during that time. It'll slow down drastically now.

I know the Amazon GC's are a better buy but I just don't find as much I need at Amazon or the price at WM is better so most of mine are WM GC's.

I usually cash in as soon as there are enough points but this time I'm letting them sit a bit and right now I've got a little over 6000.

I inquired about the Prilosec but never heard back or got the points either. A couple of times I've had surveys mess up right in the middle of them - that's also frustrating, to lose the time and get no credit for it.

I choose either Ebates or SB, depending on which is offering the better return.

I wanted to provide this link because @VivaciousJewelz and @tndee have both provided EXCELLENT info and tips, even for those who have been using SB for a while.

http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forum...19205-2014-find-extra-income-challenge-3.html

I have not used the Bing or the search bar thing, just because I've read some negative things about them messing up your computer's performance and I'm already dealing with an older, slow computer. I'm sure a lot of people have no issues at all.

As far as the returns for shopping through SB, it takes about a month for you to get the points, sometimes a little sooner. Does that answer your question below?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  5. tndee

tndee Well-Known Member Trader Group

I installed Bing but I forget to use it and find that the points add up really slowly. I don't have the toolbar, but once you've signed up through Swagbucks it remembers me and I can go to bing.com and do a few searches. I always put lots of tabs across the top of my browser page, so I put bing as one of them when I can remember and it helps me use it. Even so, I only have 16% of the 525 needed for a 500 point swagbucks gift card.
    [MENTION=33914]tynspaz[/MENTION] - you're doing great with your earnings!

6. Kulis

Kulis Well-Known Member Trader Group

I've been using Swagbucks for what seems like a long time, but last fall I decided to really work at it. I have given up on the surveys. The few times I tried them I spent almost ten minutes responding only to find out I'm not a match for this survey and therefore get no swag bucks.
    Right now I rely on doing a few searches and watching the videos.

7. VivaciousJewelz

VivaciousJewelz Mod of the Month March 2011 Plays with Fire Trader Group

I wish the shopping points didn't take a month to post to your account. I use my SB account to order office supplies through Staples, and as soon as my points hit, I'll be able to cash out for $25 Paypal.

8. rrpate

rrpate Member Of The Month Feb. 2011 Trader Group

me too!

9. 3timesoccermom

Ditto!!!

10. booklover

booklover New Member Trader Group

I have been on Swagbucks for a while now. I don't do a lot of online shopping. I earn Swagbucks by doing searches and watching videos. I try to hit the daily goal, but if I don't get it, oh well. I cash in when I have enough to get a $5 giftcard to stores that we shop at all the time: Target, Walmart, CVS, I alternate them so I always have one. I get a Lowe's card for DH, he shops there more than I do. Right now I am holding out till the 5th so I can get my bonus bucks and cash in for a $10 card.

11. 3timesoccermom

What are the bonus bucks?

12. tndee

I think the bonus bucks are when they post the extra points to your account for each time you've met the daily goal for the previous month.

13. greenfrog57

greenfrog57 Mod Of The Month July 2011 Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Trader Group

JigsawPuzzle for 3 SB - 40 more minutes

14. tynspaz

SB code: FUMBLE for 49 more minutes :)

15. tynspaz

Yes "bonus bucks" post on the 5th of every month. If you reach goal 7 days - you get 25, 14 days - get 50, 21 days - 200, and all month - get 300 :) :) Then on top of those bonuses you also get additional "daily bonus points" that will credit on the 5th of the month as well. For example if your daily goal is 90 and you reach it, then you get 9 "bonus bucks" for that particular day!! Those bonus bucks alone can net you a 5 gc to someplace ... sometimes mine gets me as much as a 10gc :)

16. 3timesoccermom

There were supposed to be 25 SB codes given today - did anyone get all of them? I got the 8 point one but that was it.

17. 3timesoccermom

I thought it was this thread but maybe not. Somewhere another poster and I both mentioned not receiving credit for the Prilosec offer on SB. I sent another message today (never heard from them the first time) and later received the following message. It was 22 more points so glad to have it. I noticed I completed the offer on 1 5 14 along with 2 others also from Trial Pay and none of those 3 credited to my account even though I completed all of them. Just FYI in case this helps anyone ese.

Thank you for submitting the requested information. We have confirmed that you completed an offer, and your Swag Bucks will be delivered by Prodege, LLC in the next few minutes.Offer Completed: PrilosecApplication: swagbucks.comCurrency: Swag BucksThank you for your patience,TrialPay Support Team

18. tndee

Don't forget everybody that there are collector's bills that you get sometimes for searching right now. If you get all of them, you get extra points credited to your account. I just lack one, so I'm hoping I can get that.

19. 3timesoccermom

I don't really understand what those are.

20. tndee

Basically, when you get a search win it will look different and will have a winter sport on it instead of just the Swag Gal or Swag Guy. When you go to "My Swag Bucks", there's a tab that says Collectors Bills. Click on that tab to see how many of them you have. I think the prize this time is that if you get all of them before a certain date (and I can't remember the date), then you get 15 free swagbucks added to your account. When you search there's no way you'll know if you're gonna get a win and when you do get a win, there's no way you can tell if it's going to be a collector's bill until it pops up.

I guess what I'm saying is search more than normal and try to get those collectors bucks in. I always search for things I have bookmarked anyway, but still sometimes you'll get a search win. I search for yahoo mail, hot coupon world, irazoo, crowdtap, facebook, etc. The ones that I go to every day I still search it through swag bucks to see if I win.

Hope that helps.