roll into the tortillas
cover with salsa and cheese
bake on 350 till cheese is melted

We love to enjoy these with sour cream and sometimes
green onions!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
M

megsmommy

Thanks! I was wondering what I was going to do with all of these free tortillas!

J

Jenna26

I make a recipe with these same ingredients, only in the Crock Pot! It is sooo good.

K

kori

I make a recipe with these same ingredients, only in the Crock Pot! It is sooo good.

I am a slow cooker newbie. Could you explain to me how you make the enchiladas in a slow cooker?

Thanks

XUfan

Member Of The Month May 2010
Trader Group
I made something like this last week. But, I used ground beef for the meat-eaters, since that's what they prefer. I used refried beans, sauteed mushrooms and onions, and cheese for the filling in mine. MMMMMMMM!!!!!!

J

Jenna26

I am a slow cooker newbie. Could you explain to me how you make the enchiladas in a slow cooker?

Thanks

Sure! Put the breasts in the CP, add the salsa and taco seasoning, and a little water. Stir. Cover, cook on low till done (6 hours? I forget. Not as long as a roast or thicker cut of meat). Shred meat with a fork (will be incredibly tender!) and serve on tortillas with cheese and sour cream. YUM!

A

afbrat

That sounds o wonderfully delish! I cant wait to try both ways! I am a huge slow cooker fanatic! this year will be even better,,more time to be on here and less time in the kitchen!

K

kori

Sure! Put the breasts in the CP, add the salsa and taco seasoning, and a little water. Stir. Cover, cook on low till done (6 hours? I forget. Not as long as a roast or thicker cut of meat). Shred meat with a fork (will be incredibly tender!) and serve on tortillas with cheese and sour cream. YUM!

Thanks you!

F

funnyface09

I make something similiar but I cover mine with green enchilada sauce, cheese and olive slices and then bake it. One of my fav dishes!

B

bnjv8crd

I usually only but chicken breasts because I'm not a fan of dark meat, but thighs always seem to be on sale. I think I may try this with the thighs since I know the meat is usually more tender anyway. And besides, once it's mixed up with cheese, who cares!?!

H

hopeky94

I use thighs and leg quarters in recipes like this one a lot and always have good results! Usually I cook them in my slow cooker in water to almost cover them. When they're done, pull them out to cool for a little while, and the bones and skin can be removed super easy! And if you cook them without the taco seasoning (maybe a little salt and pepper), you also end up with some great broth to freeze and save for a future dish!

I missed this recipe when it was first posted, but it's definitely going in my "to try" file now! :smile: