Sugar Free Desserts

J

jenn1519

If anyone has any good receipes for sugar free/diabetic desserts, I would love to try them out. I am getting involved with a non profit shelter and alot of the older people that come there have diabetes so we are looking for some sugar free desserts to make for their meals.

Thanks!
Jennifer

N

nutterbutter

Hello
If you found any sugar free fudge recipes, I would appreciate them.
Nutterbutter

free/diabetic desserts, I would love to try them out. I am getting involved with a non profit shelter and alot of the older people that come there have diabetes so we are looking for some sugar free desserts to make for their meals.

Thanks!
Jennifer[/quote]

Z

zookeepermel

Sugar Free Lemon Bisque:
1 sm package SF lemon Jell-o
1 1/4 C hot water
1/8 tsp salt
juice of 2 lemons
grated rind of 1 lemon
1 12oz can evaporated milk chilled
sugar substitute to equal 1/2 cup sugar - I sprinkle in some splenda to taste
1 1/2 c grahm cracker crumbs

Dissolve Jell-o in hot water in a medium mixer bowl. Add salt, lemon juice and rind. Chill until partially set. Beat at high speed until fluffy. Beat evaporated milk in a seperate chilled bowl until fluffy. Add Jell-o mixture to milk and continue beating until combined. Add sugar substitute to taste. Sprinkle bottom of 9x13 pan w/ graham cracker crumbs. Carefully pour lemon mixture on top. Chil until set. Makes 12 squares.

I like to omit the graham cracker crumbs and pour into dessert glasses instead. I also like to make other flavors depending on what I have on hand.

H

hopeky94

I took this one to a family reunion and several asked for the recipe! It's especially great this time of the year, with no baking involved and being a cool treat... And at least a couple of the ingredients most of us would have already in our stockpiles! :biggrin:

Enjoy!! :smile:

I used a combination of the 2 kinds of apples for color and taste variation, although the Granny Smiths seemed better, taste-wise. The mini marshmallows of course have sugar, but I forgot them and it was still great! And you could easily substitute sugar-free Cool Whip instead of regular...

Caramel Apple Salad

3 cups apples (granny smith &/or gala), unpeeled and chopped
1 container (8 oz) Cool Whip, thawed
1 sm. package sugar free butterscotch pudding mix
1 can (8 ounce) crushed pineapple, in juice (undrained)
1 cup peanuts, chopped (optional)
1 cup miniature marshmallows (optional)

1. Add pudding to pineapple and stir until mix is dissolved.
2. Add cool whip, marshmallows, peanuts and apples. Stir until combined.
3. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

(FYI- 2 Weight Watchers points per serving, if divided into 10 servings)

N

nutterbutter

Thanks. This sounds great! Nutterbutter

1 1/4 C hot water
1/8 tsp salt
juice of 2 lemons
grated rind of 1 lemon

Dissolve Jell-o in hot water in a medium mixer bowl. Add salt, lemon juice and rind. Chill until partially set. Beat at high speed until fluffy. Beat evaporated milk in a seperate chilled bowl until fluffy. Add Jell-o mixture to milk and continue beating until combined. Add sugar substitute to taste. Sprinkle bottom of 9x13 pan w/ graham cracker crumbs. Carefully pour lemon mixture on top. Chil until set. Makes 12 squares.

I like to omit the graham cracker crumbs and pour into dessert glasses instead. I also like to make other flavors depending on what I have on hand.[/quote]

Z

zookeepermel

Thanks. This sounds great! Nutterbutter

1 1/4 C hot water
1/8 tsp salt
juice of 2 lemons
grated rind of 1 lemon

I like to omit the graham cracker crumbs and pour into dessert glasses instead. I also like to make other flavors depending on what I have on hand.
[/QUOTE]

It is really good and cheap to make. I love to use lime instead of lemon and serve in margarita glasses. Very low cal as well. The only bad side is it is so light and fluffy that it's not filling at all. I could eat 1/4 of it in one sitting! Hope you like it. :wavehi:

H

hopeky94

It is really good and cheap to make. I love to use lime instead of lemon and serve in margarita glasses. Very low cal as well. The only bad side is it is so light and fluffy that it's not filling at all. I could eat 1/4 of it in one sitting! Hope you like it. :wavehi:

How would it be to add some fruit to this, to add some density to it? Maybe some tropical fruit salad, or some pineapple??

I love the idea of serving it in margarita glasses, BTW! :smile:

Z

zookeepermel

Never tried adding fruit to it. It would probably be good. Maybe some mini marshmallows if you aren't sugar restricted. If you try it, please post and lmk. Thanks!