Spinach Dip - Knorr's

Discussion in 'Appetizers' started by flash, Sep 23, 2006.

1. flash

flash Guest

Spinach Dip

1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
    1 ½ cup sour cream
    1 cup real, light, or nonfat mayonnaise
    1 package Knorr vegetable soup and recipe mix
    1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped (optional)
    3 green onions, chopped

In medium bowl combine spinach, sour cream, mayonnaise, soup mix, water chestnuts, and green onions. Cover; chill. Serve with fresh vegetables, crackers, chips, or bread. May be served inside a hollowed out loaf of round french bread.

2. flash

flash Guest

Spinach Dip

Spinach Dip

1 box quality frozen chopped spinach
    1 cup sour cream
    1 cup mayonaise
    4 green onions
    1 package Knorr’s leak soup mix
    3 large garlic cloves, minced

Mix all together and refrigerate. Serve with crackers, or hollow out a round loaf of sour dough bread, fill with the dip, and serve with squares.

3. iluvabargainma

iluvabargainma Guest

Re: Spinach Dip

This is a quick and easy one. Too bad its impossible to find spinach.

4. queenofthehivemomof5

queenofthehivemomof5 Admin Hottie Trader Group

Here is a tip for spinach that I use. When I have these $1/1 or $2/2 fresh express coupons I try and buy fresh packaged baby spinach when its for $1 on sale. Then when I get home I take it out of the package and put it in ziploc bags with as much air removed as I can and just toss it in the freezer. When a recipie calls for frozen spinach (like this one does) I use that. I also use it in lasagna (chopped mixed into the ricotta), soups, etc. Its kind of hard to stockpile lettuce but fresh spinach is OK.

5. hotcouponmama

hotcouponmama Guest

With the spinach dip we used to sell, people loved it cause there was no mayo in it...

1 brick cream cheese
    1/2 c sour cream
    a little water to smooth it, then add Flash's ingredients above. This way you can go entirely FF if you wanted to and lower cholesteral.

6. wallacla

wallacla Guest

On more little variation.
    This is one of my kids favs at new Years, etc.
    I always use the low fat, light, sour cream AND mayo and then serve with a hollowed out Sourdough bread. I have one son that will eat the hollowed out bowl the next day like a sandwich!!!

7. hotcouponmama

hotcouponmama Guest

Ok, and you can heat the dip and serve it in the bowl, and if you want to get fancy with it, add artichoke hearts & bacon bits inside, and parmesean grated cheese over the top and melt before serving.

I don't even know why I have all these ideas about spinach dip - I actually hate spinach and never eat the dip, but it was one of our best selling mixes when we had the shop.

8. YouPdWhat

YouPdWhat Mod Of The Month July 2007 Trader Group

Great Tip, thanks! I'll have to remember this.

9. sbp

sbp Mod Of The Month Aug. 2007 Trader Group

I LOVE this dip so I make it for all the bday parties here. We serve it in the hollowed out bread too and if there's some dip leftover after the breadbowl is gone, then the next day, I've been known to spread this dip on regular bread and have a spinach dip sandwich..

10. pussikat91958

pussikat91958 Guest

sounds wonderful, i love spinach