Sour Cream & Beef Noodle Bake (Pioneer Woman)

3timesoccermom

The Original "Viral" Foodie
Sour Cream Noodle Bake.jpg

Pioneer Woman's Sour Cream Noodle Bake

Ingredients

• 1-1/4 pound Ground Chuck
  • 1 can 15-ounces Tomato Sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • Freshly Ground Black Pepper
  • 8 ounces, weight Egg Noodles
  • 1/2 cup Sour Cream
  • 1-1/4 cup Small Curd Cottage Cheese
  • 1/2 cup Sliced Green Onions (less To Taste)
  • 1 cup Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Brown ground chuck in a large skillet. Drain fat, then add tomato sauce. 1/2 teaspoon salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Stir, then simmer while you prepare the other ingredients.

Cook egg noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese. Add plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Add to noodles and stir.

Add green onions and stir.

To assemble, add half of the noodles to a baking dish. Top with half the meat mixture, then sprinkle on half the grated cheddar. Repeat with noodles, meat, then a final layer of cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until all cheese is melted.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

brokenangel

looks yummo. I like to watch her show, now I wanna try this.

3timesoccermom

angel - I made it Thursday night and the green onions I bought were apparently very fresh because even though I only put about a tablespoon of them, chopped, in the cheese mixture it was pretty strong. I didn't mind but it was a little onion-y for Hubs so buyer beware. I had sour cream and cream cheese - had planned to substitute cream cheese for the cottage cheese anyway but when I opened the sour cream it had pink and green mold so I had to toss it. So I just used a 2nd pack of cream cheese and added some of the boiling noodle water to it to thin it out a bit. Good luck!

K

kwhile0599

This sounds wonderful (I'd prolly keep the cottage cheese a secret til afterwards for DH!) I have all the ingredients! Hardest part will be remembering to take the meat out of the freezer!:whistle67:

:thanks7: Renee

3timesoccermom

kwhile - in the reviews on PW's site there are several people who said they can't stand cottage cheese but those that used it said it melted very well and you couldn't even tell it was in there! So maybe he won't suspect. :whistle67:

crossstreet

Trader Group
I've made this a couple times. DH likes it. I love the Pioneer Woman. Ree has a lot of good recipes.