Simply Simplify - Decluttering thread and support

Discussion in 'Personal Challenges Support' started by cody82414, Aug 3, 2017.

1. cody82414

cody82414 The Happy Hoo-ha Hacker<br>Member Of The Month Jan Trader Group

The purpose of this group is to encourage one another as we declutter and simplify our lives of "stuff".

For the month of August I am challenging myself with getting rid of 5 items each day.

Anyone want to join me?

2. cody82414

I started August with our two junk drawers. I got rid of much more than 5 things each of the first two days, and it looks (and feels) great now :)

jastwins likes this.
  3. jastwins

jastwins Well-Known Member Trader Group

In June, I actually had a great month, cleaning out the girls' rooms and getting rid of many bags of trash and papers. Clothes was donated and stuff given to the goody pile at out town dump. Now they started college shopping and clutter is back until we can move them into their dorm rooms. Hoping to be clutter free in their rooms by the end of August

4. cody82414

Awesome @jastwins !! I am looking forward to sending everyone back to school and work next week, so I can get serious!!

jastwins likes this.
  5. XUfan

XUfan Member Of The Month May 2010 Trader Group

I spent a good part of this past weekend, going through a couple of closets, drawers, and the spare bedroom. I'm gathering things to sell in our JDRF garage sale next weekend (Aug 17-19). The spare bedroom looks bad right now, because everything I've gathered has gone there until we start setting up the sale next week. But it feels good to pull those things out of their storage spots, knowing that if they don't sell, they'll be going to Goodwill after the sale is over!

I still have a lot more areas to pull things from, and I'm hoping to get those done this week.

jastwins likes this.