Recipes - Super Simple Sausage & Homefries Casserole

$

$Saving!

For those that bought the cookbook last year from recipes gathered from members, on page 33 the following recipe caught my eye last night and today I decided to make a version of it. AWESOME :smile: Big hit and already have the next one prepped and waiting for chicken to finish cooking for it.

Here is the recipe from the book:

2 cups Stove Top stuffing mix (any flavor)
2 cups milk
1/2 lb bulk sausage cooked, crumbled
6 eggs
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp salt.

Spray 9x12 casserole pan, add mixed ingredients, bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes or until 'set'.

I altered it and doubled it so I could vacuum seal servings two to a bag and pop them in the freezer after they were cooked - fast and easy meals.

Here is what I did: (I used two 9x12 pans)

4 cups stove top stuffing mix (I used one box cornbread and one herb flavor)
12 eggs
4 cups milk
16 oz diced/cooked homefries
1 lb bacon cooked in layers of paper towels in micro wave to remove fat and make them super crispy/crumbled before adding
1 8 oz bag shredded cheddar cheese
1 large onion diced cooked
1 Jennie-O turkey sausage kielbasa style, sliced and cooked

Next batch will be:
4 cups stove top stuffing (again corn bread/herb flavors)
12 eggs
4 cups milk
16 oz cooked hash browns
1 package Al Fresco chicken sausage sliced cooked (green/red pepper flavor)
2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
1 can drained diced tomatoes
1 8oz bag shredded colby jack cheese

With Harris Teeter sales this week on doz large eggs for $1, split chicken breasts for $1/lb (have 9 of them in the crockpot cooking now), Stove Top stuffing on sale 4/$5 - it was the perfect week to bulk cook and get some ready to eats in the freezer :biggrin:

I bought the Al Fresco chicken sausages on markdown a couple weeks ago for $1.99 (reg $5.99 I think!) and the bacon I picked up on markdown for 0.99 lb too.

Just wanted to thank Cooper for the great inspiration and basic recipe - these are going to be fantastic to have ready to eat!!!:thanks7: First batch half is gone, the other pan I actually managed to get vacuum sealed and into the freezer though :giggle2: