Roasted Pork Butt (for pulled pork)

C

cgrace

It's not often that I find a recipe I think is good enough to share but this is an awesomely cheap, easy and really good one.

1 Pork Butt (5+ pounds - if over 6 lbs, cut in half)
1 cup of rub seasoning (store bought or your blend of black pepper, cayenne pepper, brown sugar, cumin,1 tbsp salt, and anything else you like)
1/4 cup cider vinegar

Rub seasoning all over the pork and place in roasting pan fat side up. Put vinegar in pan. Put in 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes. Reduce oven temp to 225 degrees and cook for approx. 6 hours until meat falls apart. Take out of pan and shred with a fork.

You don't have to mess with it at all, but I drained the fat out of the pan 2-3 times in an attempt to make this a little healthier. The meat comes out super juicy and with a very nice but not overpowering flavor. Add your favorite BBQ, or use in pork carnitas, etc. I cooked this on Sunday and we ate it until Wednesday and I still had enough left to put in the freezer. We actually prefer this to pulled pork at our local restaurants.

C

chitownmelli

That sounds wonderful. I have a pork tooshie sitting in my fridge right now, and I think I will try this recipe :) Thank you!