Rideshares

Discussion in 'Hot Entrepreneurs: Build Wealth & Share Links' started by KmmCo, Apr 15, 2016.

1. KmmCo

KmmCo Well-Known Member Trader Group

Has anyone done rideshares like Uber or Lyft? I have a coworker who is trying to recruit some of us... He says he makes good money for a few hours work. (i.e. he claims he made almost $1000 the night of a big concert - for 7 hours of work.)

I drove for a taxi cab service years ago, so I kinda know the gig but am wondering about the wear and tear on my own car. There are lease cars available in my area (at a cost of course) but I am thinking that is only a viable option for a full-time driver. I would only want to make a few bar runs on the weekends for a little extra cash.

Does anyone know if you can register for multiple cities if I am in another place for part of the time? I could see the potential of making some money in the winter at the ski town - especially doing an airport run when I am coming back to the city anyway myself...

Just curious if anyone has any imput into this subject?

2. Sherri1480

Sherri1480 Active Member Trader Group

You would want to check with your insurance company before you decide anything. Most insurance companies do not allow you to have a "for hire" vehicle on a personal policy. (Not sure about Colorado though)

3. KmmCo

KmmCo Well-Known Member Trader Group

I will check into the insurance for sure .... Not sure how it works. I do know that the business insurance for my condo wasn't all that expensive, but I am not sure if that is true for auto!