All Aboard Rider's Choice 1, 2, 3 or 4 week ride! 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home Train - Sign ups thru 8/20!

Discussion in 'Coupon Trains: Hop On Board' started by pasharain, Aug 6, 2018.

Moderators: mydogalex2000
  1. pasharain

pasharain (ง︡'-'︠)ง ♥ Quasher of Dead Links ♥ Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Trader Group

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 9.11.01 PM.png 92515.png

Taking sign ups until 8/20/18.

Mail out days will be on Fridays: 8/24, 8/31, 9/7 & 9/14.
    We are going to allow a longer sign up period to hopefully get some riders on this train.
    image.png

This is a twist on the familiar Rider's Choice train made popular by our trains moderator, @mydogalex2000! You can choose to ride for 1, 2, 3 or all 4 weeks! Please let me know how many weeks you want to join us, and which week(s) you'd like to mail! If you do not specify, I will assume one week and the first week.

Make sure to read all requirements before signing up to ride:
    New traders with a feedback rating of at least 5, who have plenty of coupons to share are welcome!

This train will run for four weeks. Every evening (with weekends off) a small "home organization" task will be posted for you to complete on the following day, and a bonus item or two. There is an assignment during signups, in the first post beneath this one. This train is designed for working people, nothing overly complicated will be posted. By the end of the month you will have an organized home, and a nice little pile of coupons from your fellow riders!

Please feel free to post when you have completed the required task to keep yourself accountable and motivate us! If you complete the bonus tasks, let us know that too! You will inspire your fellow riders to press on!

Prize: At the end of the ride, one rider will be chosen using the Random Number picker in the RAOK forum. The person who's post # matches the number picked will receive an envie from me that will include address labels and whatever else I can conjure up.

Each week you choose to ride, you will mail one envie to a fellow rider and a fellow rider will mail one to you.
    I will send out a rider list to each rider with the riders mailing info you will need to send your envie each week.

images.png

Envie/Coupon Requirements:

Each envie must have a minimum of 25 quality coupons. The idea is to check your fellow riders "Wish List" if at all possible, and send an envie your receiver will be happy to receive.

NOT ALLOWED:
    Baby, pet, meds, restaurant or oddball products that very few members use like Depends, Poise unless you have an exact "Wish List" match.
    For Example: If someone says they can use cat food frees, do not include regular cat food, unless it is an extra.

When in doubt contact your fellow rider for guidance on what to send or stick to food coupons.
    Limit of 1 of each coupon unless it is an exact match to a wish list. If you have and exact wish list match, then duplicates are encouraged! Also, more than 1 of something is okay if if its an "extra" above the 25 required coupons.

These items okay
    ONLY if they are on your receiver's Wish List: Printables, expireds, store specific coupons, BTFE's Coke Codes, Pepsi Codes or other similar promo point type items.
    Rebates and TMF forms are GREAT to include. Please watch state restrictions.

Please Note: This train is "potluck," which means you may not get even 1 coupon from your "Wish List." Your fellow rider just may not have what you need.
    image.png

Coupon Expiration Requirements:
    Coupons must have an expiration date of at least 2 weeks from the mail date. So that means:

For Mailout on 8/24....NO q's expire before 9/7
    For Mailout on 8/31....NO q's expire before 9/14
    For Mailout on 9/7....NO q's expire before 9/21
    For Mailout on 9/14....NO q's expire before 9/28

If you want to include extras with shorter dates that is fine as long as it is over the 25.

OTHER EXPECTATIONS OF YOU:

You must post when you mail and when you receive. If for any reason, any of your envies are not received, you will be asked to resend it at the 2 week point. Also, an envie not posted as received at the 2 week point will be marked as received. Joining this train is your agreement to these rules.

Please leave feedback for your match ups!

You need an updated "Wish List" to ride. Please Note: If your list is very short and specific, other train riders will have a harder time matching your list. There is an excellent article (shameless plug, for something I wrote ;)) on this subject here:
    I understand that Trains are Potluck, but what can I do to encourage others to send me a good envie?

Thanks to @dominicsmommy, @mydogalex2000 and Money Saving Mom for this train idea!

image.png
    Riders List:

@pasharain
    @jastwins - Weeks 3 & 4
    @mary topinka
    @grandma608

Matchups:

Matchups will start off black, turn green when mailed and blue when received.

Matchups Week 1 (8/24):

Matchups Week 2 (8/31):

Matchups Week 3 (9/7):

Matchups Week 4 (9/14):

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018 at 8:43 PM
  2. pasharain

pasharain (ง︡'-'︠)ง ♥ Quasher of Dead Links ♥ Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Trader Group

Throughout the train ride: You can find all the tasks assigned during the ride here (they will also be posted in the thread):

Task #3 Clean out your Fridge. Throw out anything bad and take note of what you have on hand to use in meals this week. Wipe shelves down.

Bonus: If you have a freezer, do an inventory. Plan meals around what you have on hand and save a little $ this week.

❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥

Task #2 Complete anytime during the sign up period.

Check back, more assignments will be posted during signup, to get us fired up!

Required: Set a timer for 15 minutes and quickly pick up and put away everything you can.
    Focus on the main living areas of your home.

Bonus: Do something for you...do you nails, give yourself a mini-facial, take a bubble bath...anything that will make you feel good.

❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥

Task #1 Complete anytime during the sign up period.

Required: Clean out your purse and/or diaper bag.

Bonus:
    Find 7 items to get rid of today. Throw them out, stick them in a donate or garage sale box, give them to a friend who can use them, or list them on Craigslist or eBay and make a little pocket money.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018 at 3:06 PM
  3. pasharain

Okay so my husband and I went to the movies the other night, and I totally found popcorn in the bottom of my purse. o_O

jastwins likes this.
  4. jastwins

jastwins ※Kaboom!・:・:・゜ Trader Group

It is 11:43 pm, but I just got this done. Had a day of dr appts and shopping with D1 & d3

pasharain likes this.
  5. pasharain

Are you riding? :)

6. jastwins

I will ride this train

pasharain likes this.
  7. pasharain

How many weeks would u like to ride? ;)

8. jastwins

I can ride weeks 3 and 4. forgot I have to get all those girls to college!!!

pasharain likes this.
  9. pasharain

Ba Bump!

10. pasharain

Up for Riders! ;)

11. pasharain

Task #2 Complete anytime during the sign up period.

Required: Set a timer for 15 minutes and quickly pick up and put away everything you can.
    Focus on the main living areas of your home.

Bonus: Do something for you...do you nails, give yourself a mini-facial, take a bubble bath...anything that will make you feel good.

12. pasharain

Ba Bump!

13. pasharain

Ba Bump! :cool:

14. mary topinka

mary topinka Active Member Trader Group

I will try this. I am sure this is a good thing for me.

pasharain likes this.
  15. pasharain

Yay! How may weeks would you like to ride, and which ones? @mary topinka

16. pasharain

Up for more riders. ;)

17. mary topinka

mary topinka Active Member Trader Group

18. pasharain

19. grandma608

grandma608 Active Member Trader Group

i wil ride for 4 weeks

pasharain likes this.
  20. janastanley

janastanley Member Trader Group

Can I sign up for weeks 2,3,4? We just moved and my house is upside down this week. Thanks!

pasharain likes this.
Moderators: mydogalex2000