Reusing Classico Sauce Jars? (Classico says "don't do it"!)

M

motherofmolly

Re: Reusing Classico Sauce Jars?

i wouldnt use just any jar for the pressure canner....but for those that you can just hot seal (jelly is poored in hot, pop the lid on and wait for the lid to seal) then yes i would use them.

if nothing else, they are great for storring dry goods in. or putting your leftovers in the refrigerator with.

mommas2moody

Trader Group
I have used my Classico jars for HW canning. So far it hasn't created any problems. However, I don't go through the trouble of canning all of it in them. (I only have about 8 C.jars currently anyway) It's typically like 1 maybe 2 jars per batch of salsa and that's one of the first jars to be opened.

Mrs.P thanks for the suggestion about the 1lb dry goods storage. This is a great way to use them and may revert to this.
I stopped "collecting" the jars after this discussion kicked off. Thanks to everyone for their input!

M

MrsPinecone

Re: Reusing Classico Sauce Jars?

i wouldnt use just any jar for the pressure canner....but for those that you can just hot seal (jelly is poored in hot, pop the lid on and wait for the lid to seal) then yes i would use them.

That's called open-kettle canning and we won't be supporting the method in this forum. The NCFHFP does not advocate the process. Water bath or pressure canning only in this forum!!