Recipies using kool-aid packets

P

Pitamom

Re: Recipies using kool-aid packets? My 2 ideas, but I'd love some new ones.

Made Playdough :smile:

I have a family daycare and this is the only playdough we use. It's fun, a great way to learn colors and smell wonderful too!

3 cups flour
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]1/2 cups salt[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]2 Koolaide packages[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]2 cups boiling water[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Mix dry ingredients together. Add boiling water. Knead on floured board.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Can add flour by sprinkles until desired consistency.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]This playdough will last for a long time when stored correctly.[/SIZE][/FONT]

E

extechy

extechy-- how much whipped cream and sweetened condensed milk do you use? This sounds like a great option for summer get-togethers! :smile: TIA!!

The entire small can of condensed milk. For whipped cream, about 1/2 a tub.

You may have a little mixture left over.

R

Redbird68

This recipe has intriqued me for some time.

Kool Aid Pickles Recipe
1 (46-ounce) jar whole dill pickles
1 cup sugar
2 cups water
2 packets red Kool-Aid (such as cherry flavored)

Drain and discard the juice from the pickle jar. Remove the pickles from the jar and cut each one in half lengthwise. Return the pickles to the jar and set aside.
In a large measuring cup, combine the sugar, water and Kool-Aid. Mix until the sugar has completely dissolved. Pour enough of the liquid into the pickle jar to cover the pickles. Discard any excess.
Cover the jar and refrigerate at least 24 hours.
Makes one 46-ounce jar of pickles.

N

nrpeace17

Re: Frozen Treats

Yummy-- I know what I'll be doing with the next reduced price vanilla yogurts I get! :BigHand:

Oops, just realized-- one more question: in the Yogurt Pops recipe, can you tell me how much "2 parts water" is? Is it 2 cups?? :shrug7:

Thanks again!!

I'm sorry, I missed your question until now. It is just two 6 oz cans of water, using the same can the OJ concentrate comes in. HTH. :smile:

H

hopeky94

Re: Frozen Treats - good use for Kool-Aid packets

Great-- thanks for the update, Cathy!!

T

TheWoman

Re: Frozen Treats - good use for Kool-Aid packets

If you don't have jello you can make some pretty good popsicles by just mixing up the koolaid acording to the package directions except only add 4 to 6 cups water, depending on how strong you want them to be. Freeze in popsicle molds.

Z

zookeepermel

Wow! Thanks for so many good ideas. I'll have to give several of them a try this summer. If anyone is brave enough to try the pickles, post and let us know how they were. Xufan - if I ever trade w/ you again, guess what you'll be getting for envie filler.:biggrin:

M

mom2lucas

watching this as we have tons of kool aid.

J

jkelstaten

Add a packet when you are making sugar cookies to turn them cool colors. They end up looking really pretty.

W

wookin

My folks used to mix it with frozen lemonade for a change. We always called it "bug juice". Mix the kool-aid as usual then add the lemonade and more water to taste. Loved it.

Q

QueenAngie

Key Lime Pie

My Mom has made this one for years. It is nice enough for adults and kids love it too.

1 graham cracker pie crust
1 package unsweetened Kool-Aid lime powdered drink mix
1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened condensed milk

Directions

In a large bowl whip Cool Whip, Koolaid, & condensed milk.

Stir with spoon until mixture blended and smooth.
Pour into pie shell (mixture will be thick and you may have to spoon out).

Smooth out top of pie with back side of spoon.

Place in refrig. for 1-2 hours.
Serve Chilled.

Key lime is really good. To 'present pretty' dollop of Cool Whip on each slice and a twisted slice of a lime to top.

Q

QueenAngie

Koolaid Sherbert

(New recipe that I found, have not tried this one personally!)

1 cup sugar
1 (.13 ounce) envelope unsweetened orange soft drink mix or flavor of your choice
3 cups milk

DIRECTIONS
In a bowl, stir sugar, soft drink mix and milk until sugar is dissolved. Pour into a shallow freezer container; cover and freeze for 1 hour or until slightly thickened. Transfer to a mixing bowl, beat until smooth. Return to freezer container; cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving.

Z

zookeepermel

Koolaid Sherbert

1 cup sugar
1 (.13 ounce) envelope unsweetened orange soft drink mix or flavor of your choice
3 cups milk

DIRECTIONS
In a bowl, stir sugar, soft drink mix and milk until sugar is dissolved. Pour into a shallow freezer container; cover and freeze for 1 hour or until slightly thickened. Transfer to a mixing bowl, beat until smooth. Return to freezer container; cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving.

MMMM...This sounds good and easy. I have a soft-serve ice cream maker. I'm going to try this in it. I'll lyk how it turns out.

T

TheWoman

Koolaid Sherbert

1 cup sugar
3 cups milk

DIRECTIONS

I wonder if I could just make it in an ice cream maker instead. I may have to try this.

Z

zookeepermel

I made the kool-aid (pink lemonaide) sherbert tonight and it was delicious. I have an ice cream maker that uses the pre-frozen canister. It doesn't always stay cold long enough to really freeze the ice cream, so I mixed the ingredients and put the mixture in the freezer for about an hour to pre-chill. Then, I stirred the slightly frozen liquid and put it in the ice cream maker. It came out great.

C

Cynthiabutterfly

Koolaid Sherbert

1 cup sugar
3 cups milk

DIRECTIONS

I made this last night to have after dinner, using the Strawberry kool-aid. I just used a plastic container, and blended it once it got thick in the freezer, then let it freeze again. It was sooo good, there were no leftovers.

I'll be making this again!

Z

zookeepermel

I made this last night to have after dinner, using the Strawberry kool-aid. I just used a plastic container, and blended it once it got thick in the freezer, then let it freeze again. It was sooo good, there were no leftovers.

I'll be making this again!

Good to know! I used my ice cream maker, but it's a pain to lug out and then clean up. I'll try it this way next time (my son is hoping next time is tonight!). Thanks!

A

aimeebee

Blast from the past.

I was searching for some frozen treat ideas and found this thread really interesting. I am really wanting some healthier options, but I guess I could just make the kool-aid with splenda.

Some googling ideas I have found to put in the popsicle molds, diet soda, whipped cream, yogurt, fruit, juice, jello, sugar free pudding, evaporated milk, creamer, skim milk die,t hot cocoa mix, slimfast powder, protein powder, crystal light, and well I'm sure there were more that I've already forgotten. :wink7:

Got any more *cool* recipes? :biggrin: