nrpeace17

Frozen Treats - good use for Kool-Aid packets

Frozen Treats:

Popsicles

1 small pkg jello or other gelatin
1 pkg unsweetened Kool-Aid same flavor
1/2 c sugar
2 c hot water, 2 c cold water
Mix dry ing together, add in hot water and stir until dissolved. Add cold water. Pour in smallest sized dixie paper cups to about 3/4 full, placed on a cookie sheet. Freeze until firm enough that a popsicle stick will remain upright.
Makes 15.

Yogurt Pops- very healthy for kids

1 6 oz can frozen OJ concentrate, thawed
2 parts water (2 6 oz cans)
1 6 or 8 oz vanilla yogurt

Mix together, pour into small Dixie cups as above. Freeze until firm enough that a popsicle stick will remain upright. Makes 15.

Fudgsicles (my favorite!)

1 small box instant chocolate pudding
1/4 c sugar
4 cups milk

Mix, pour into small Dixie cups and freeze as above. Freeze until firm enough that a popsicle stick will remain upright. Makes 16.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

couponfanatic

Re: Frozen Treats

Thanks for the recipe.
I very rarely buy popsicles.
We make them either from jello or Kool aid.
I make the koolaid, for drinking or freezing with 2 pkts of koolaid, to the water as directed for 1 pkg, and about 3/4 the sugar directed for 1 pkg. We like ours strong, and less -sweet.
With all the sales you can find in the summer on koolaid you can make popsicles for pennies.

H

hopeky94

Great recipes, OP-- thanks!

Just wondering: do the Yogurt Pops taste like the orange and vanilla Dreamsicles? My mom loooves those (okay, I like them too! lol) and I'm always finding deals on soon-expiring yogurt... TIA!!

M

mocha poka

:thanku6: I cannot wait to try these!

N

nrpeace17

Great recipes, OP-- thanks!

Just wondering: do the Yogurt Pops taste like the orange and vanilla Dreamsicles? My mom loooves those (okay, I like them too! lol) and I'm always finding deals on soon-expiring yogurt... TIA!!

My DH loves Dreamsicles, he says these taste like them. IMO, they are not quite as sweet, so I like these even better. I suppose you could add a little natural vanilla flavoring and they would taste even more like the Dreamsicles. :)

H

hopeky94

My DH loves Dreamsicles, he says these taste like them. IMO, they are not quite as sweet, so I like these even better. I suppose you could add a little natural vanilla flavoring and they would taste even more like the Dreamsicles. :)

Yummy-- I know what I'll be doing with the next reduced price vanilla yogurts I get! :BigHand:

Oops, just realized-- one more question: in the Yogurt Pops recipe, can you tell me how much "2 parts water" is? Is it 2 cups?? :shrug7:

Thanks again!!

Z

zookeepermel

What to do w/ all the Kool-Aid from the free wyb 3 Kraft/Nabisco coupons? Does anyone have any good ideas/recipies? We've been using them to make popsicles and sno-cone syrup. Here's the "recipies".

Popsicles - Use 1 cup sugar, 1 Kool-Aid packet and only 1 1/3 quarts water. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze. The reduced water gives them a stronger flavor and makes them less hard.

Sno-cone syrup - heat 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar in a pan until boiling. Remove from heat and add 1 packet kool-aid. Pour into a container when cool (I use condiment type squeeze bottles w/ caps) and chill. Pour syrups over shaved ice - the more flavors the better according to my son.

D

dinade

Re: Recipies using kool-aid packets? My 2 ideas, but I'd love some new ones.

watching cause i have 30 pkts plus!

XUfan

Member Of The Month May 2010
Trader Group

What to do w/ all the Kool-Aid from the free wyb 3 Kraft/Nabisco coupons? .

Send 'em to me!!! :hysterical:

Honestly, we go through a jug or two a day (depending o how many kids are here, and if my hubby is working outside or not). I only use 2/3 cup of sugar when I make it...and nobody has complained yet!

I'm curious to see any recipes, though!

B

buddysmom

"Google" Kool Aid recipies - a lot of sites come up

J

JeepMom

Thanks, we're currently at 155 packs and I still have a TON of coupons left.

C

Cynthiabutterfly

I've used them to dye clothes- great craft project for the kiddies out on summer vacation.

J

Jiji

Use the Lemonade one to clean your dishwasher - take the dishes out first, though!!

P

PrincessSophiesMom

My mom uses Kool Aid to dye yarn for knitting.

O

oceanbreeze

Back in the day (man i'm showing my age) we used it to dye our hair funky colors!

L

latte

i like koolaid frosting!
use white or cream cheese frosting, add one packet of koolaid watch as your frosting goes pink/blue/orange whatever-----i have found that just to tint it witha little flavor, you only need about half a packet per tub of frosting, adn a full packet gives it this slightly tart yet sweet flavor
top on ghrahm crakers, cakes or cupcakes (awesome with that funfetti cake mix, not sure on any other flavor cake mix it tastes good on, cause i only do koolaid frosting on funfetti cakes)

E

extechy

Mix the lemon flavored one with whipped cream and condensed milk. Beat the mixture with an electric blender and then pour it into a graham cracker or vanilla wafer crust. Chill for 4-6 hours and you have lemon ice box pie.

H

hopeky94

extechy-- how much whipped cream and sweetened condensed milk do you use? This sounds like a great option for summer get-togethers! :smile: TIA!!

H

hopeky94

Re: Frozen Treats - good use for Kool-Aid packets

Bumping for the popcicles made with Kool-Aid-- and still hoping for an answer to how much "2 parts water" is (in the Yogurt Pops)! :smile: