START HERE Ready to Trade With Us? Here are the Rules & a Sign Up Link (Updated 7/7/18)

Discussion in 'Trades: Rules, Lists & Your Questions Answered' started by pasharain, Jun 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pasharain

pasharain (ง︡'-'︠)ง ♥ Quasher of Dead Links ♥

We are excited that you are ready to start trading with us! :D We ask that you first familiarize yourself with the "Trading Rules" below. These Rules exist to make trading an enjoyable experience for everyone. Once you have read the rules, you will find a link to our "Trader Group" application at the end of this post.

Please Note: Not all members are traders. It is recommend that you only trade with members of our Trading Group. Members of the Trading Group will have a "Trader Group" banner under their avatar, along with a feedback rating:

Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 11.54.04 PM.png
    Click on image to enlarge it.
    Are you an old trading member returning to HCW? Old traders do not need to reapply. Just check under your Avatar for the "Trader Group" banner (see picture above). If it is there, you are good to go.

THE FOLLOWING RULES APPLY TO ALL TRADING FORUMS

All trades, trade offers, trade requests must be done in the 4 trading forums only: Coupon Trades: Current & Expired, Rebate Trades, Coupon Trains: Hop on Board and Random Acts of Kindness "RAOK" Giveaways. This keeps the store and discussion forums clear of distractions from deals. However, RAOKs ("Random Acts of Kindness") that pertain to a sale can be given away in store forums.

• Any item you are offering for trade must be in hand. No pre-sales or trading items that others have promised you.
    • Insert coupons for the upcoming Sunday cannot be posted for trade before Wednesday.
    • Members may not ask for RAOKs anywhere on the board.
    • You cannot ask members to scan printable coupons and email them to you.
    • If you have over 100 of each coupon listed regularly, you are considered to be running a clipping service. These type of posts belong in our "Hot Entrepreneur" forum.
    • Traders that are found to use Hot Coupon World (HCW) primarily for the purpose of buying multiple formula checks or medicine checks will be removed from the site.
    • If you take part in a multiple person trade "circle" you do so at your own risk. For example, member A has what B needs, B has what C needs and C has what A needs, so you all agree to mail it out.
    • If your FREE item coupon or "HOT" coupon came from ebay & another auction type site, do not trade it here, far too many are counterfeit.
    WHAT CAN I TRADE ON HCW?
    • Actuals such as stockpile items, free samples address labels.
    • Checks, such as Formula or Medicine. Bulk check trading is not allowed.
    • Coupons both current and expired mfr coupons, current store coupons.
    • Gift Cards
    • Rain Checks
    • Rebate Forms & Try Me Free Offers. You may offer printable forms or online forms, bur this must be disclosed.
    • UPCs
    • Printable Coupons
    • Gymboree Gymbucks Online Pin Codes, Huggies Codes and similar type manufacturer promotion items.
    • MyCokeRewards Caps, Box Tops for Education and similar type manufacturer promotion items.
    • Online codes. Please note: Because each promotion is different we may limit how and the quantity of online codes traded.
    • Survey coupons can be traded AFTER the survey is completed. You can either print and mail the coupon, or send the link for the other trader to print the coupon. This is because the coupons are given for honest feedback from the purchaser.
    WHAT ITEMS CANNOT BE OFFERED FOR TRADE?
    • Receipts
    • FREE item coupons purchased on eBay or another auction site. This is because a large percentage of them are fakes. However, FREE coupons obtained by home mailers from the manufacturer, store displays, tearpads, inserts and product packages are okay.
    • Items containing pseudo-ephedrine and/or ephedrine.
    • Firearms or Fireworks
    • Drugs/Drug Paraphernalia or Alcohol
    • Used makeup
    • Any coupon listed in the "It's Got To Be Real" forum. A forum dedicated to exposing counterfeit and fake coupons.
    • Any item, coupon or discount code that earns you any type of reward from a referral based promotion.
    • Lottery tickets. However, Coupons for lottery tickets are okay.
    • Anything that has to be ordered by you and sent by a 3rd party company. For example, a magazine subscription purchased with my coke rewards. Items can be purchased and then traded once in hand.
    • Formula or Medicine checks with the intent to resell on auction site. Bulk check traders will be removed from the site.
    • Accounts that are non-transferrable, such as MyCokeRewards and Disney.
    • Copies of internet printed (IPs) coupons that you did not print yourself. Each IP must be printed by you from one or more sources if you have more than 2.
    WHAT ARE THE GUIDELINES FOR POSTING MY ITEMS FOR TRADE?
    1. Accurately post what the coupon is for:
    • If something is free when you buy (wyb) something else, do not list it as a free coupon.
    • If something is free after mail in rebate, list it as free after MIR, not free.
    • If a coupon has a store logo on it, this information must be disclosed.
    • If there are state restrictions, this information must be disclosed.
    2. Full UPC numbers are not allowed in posts. However, you can post if a coupon is DND 5, DND 9, a store only coupon that starts with a 0. If you have wine tags and they are coded 992, you can post that too. Non-992s wine tags can be a big hassle, so this information is useful.

3. Posting Links: Direct links to a manufacturer's official website or a manufacturer's promotional website (such as mycokerewards.com) are allowed. You may not post a link to any other website in your trade posts with out express permission from the administrators of Hot Coupon World or site moderators. If in doubt, just ask a moderator.

4. Please do not post pictures of a coupon unless you VOID out the upc in the photo.

CAN I HOLD MY END OF A TRADE UNTIL I RECEIVE THE OTHER PERSON'S END?

If you plan to hold your end of a trade for any reason, you must let the other member know you plan to hold your end until receiving theirs.
    HOW MANY TIMES PER DAY CAN I BUMP MY TRADE POSTS TO THE TOP OF THE TRADE FORUMS?
    Up to 3 times in any 24 hour period. Your original post does not count toward the 3.

CAN I ASK TO BE PAID VIA PAYPAL FRIENDS & FAMILY TO AVOID FEES?

Sellers and traders can specify in trade posts that payments must be personal transactions sent as friends and family transaction so no fees will be charged.

If a buyer insists on paying by Credit Card through Paypal, you CAN ask the buyer to pay all or a portion of the fees associated with the transaction. This must be said up front, either in the trade post or at the beginning of trade negotiations.

Only actual fees can be charged to winners/buyers. No handling fees, or fees for personal transactions are permitted.

IS IT LEGAL TO SELL COUPONS?
    No, selling coupons is illegal. However, you can ask for a handling fee for your time to collect, cut, sort and mail coupons.

ONCE MY TRADE IS COMPLETE IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD DO?
    Editing your post title to include the word "DELETE" is helpful so that the moderators can keep the forums tidy.

PLEASE NOTE: Your trade post may be removed by the moderator after 1 month of inactivity. To keep it "active," just reply to your posts with the word "bump." If your post gets moved to the archive you can simply copy and paste the information to a new post.

CAN I SET UP A WISHLIST SO THAT OTHER TRADERS CAN QUICKLY SEE WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR?

Yes, you can start a personal thread in the "Wish Lists: What I Want" forum. After doing so, be sure to add a link to it in your signature (text that appears at the bottom of all your posts). CLICK HERE to learn how to add links to your signature.

We also have a "Have Lists: What I Have to Offer" forum where you can post a personal thread of items you have available that other traders may be interested in.

Please Note the Following About "Wish Lists" and "Have Lists:"

• There is a limit of one active "Wish List" and "Have List" per member.
    • After one year, you will no longer be able to edit posts in the "Wish List" and "Have Lists" forums. This is to help filter out the many lists created by inactive users. Not to fret, however, you can simply copy and paste the information from your old post into a new one.
    WHAT ARE COUPON TRAINS?
    Coupon Trains operates much like a trading circle, and they are super fun. A "train conductor" organizes a group of "train riders" to trade coupons with one another. Each train will have its own thread in the "Coupon Trains: Hop on Board" forum. Each conductor will have their own set of rules to "ride" their train. These rules are in addition to HCW's overall rules and need to be followed in order to ride. You must post and mail as outlined in each train sign up thread.

To ride a train you need to be a trading member, with a feedback score of 5 or more. You cannot have any negative feedback. Neutral feedback may be allowed to ride at the discretion of the train forum moderator and train conductor. Additional Guidelines can be found within the "Coupon Trains: Hop on Board" forum.

WHAT ARE "POTLUCK ENVIES" & THE GUIDELINES PERTAINING TO THEM?

CLICK HERE for the definition of "Potluck," and guidelines we expect members to adhere to.
    WHAT OTHER INFORMATION SHOULD I KNOW ABOUT TRADING ON HCW?
    • It is a good idea to keep all PMs, emails and other information you receive until after the trade is completed. That information is the main tool to help members when a bad trade occurs.
    • Please only trade with members of our Trader Group. In the event of a bad trade, you can only file a report if your fellow trader is a member of our Trader Group.
    • Please remember to put your HCW user ID on ALL trade envelopes and include your return address. This helps as other traders may only know you by your user name.
    • If you will not be mailing your end of the trade within 48 hours, let the other trader know before the trade is finalized.
    • IMPORTANT: The above Rules apply to ALL the trading forums. However, each individual trading forum has Rules unique to it. Before posting in a trading forum, please read and follow any guidelines posted within the forum.
    I AM READY TO TRADE, HOW DO I SIGN UP?

Fill out the "Trader Group" application: CLICK HERE.

A link to the "Trader Group" application is also available to the right of posts under your avatar. Here is what it looks like:

Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 8.18.30 PM.png
    Happy Saving! :)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  2. pasharain

pasharain (ง︡'-'︠)ง ♥ Quasher of Dead Links ♥

What is a "Potluck" or "Potluck Envie?"

A "Potluck" or "Potluck Envie" is an envelope full of coupons sent to another member.

Random Acts of Kindness (RAOKs) & Coupon Trains are just two of the instances where your participation may require sending a potluck to another member. You can also offer them in the Trades forum.

Adhering to these guidelines will help ensure everyone who receives a potluck will rejoice. To that end, potlucks should NEVER be used to unload coupons that belong in the recycle bin.

What is NOT ALLOWED in a potluck (Please Note: Not following these Guidelines may result in you being asked to resend a potluck):

JUNK coupons for hair dye, baby products, pet products and meds are always junk, unless they are an EXACT match to the recipient’s Wish List.

Multiples of the same coupon, unless it is an EXACTmatch to the recipient’s Wish List. Please Note: If the recipient specifies that they need “$0.50/1 Widget,” $1.00 off of 2 Widgets is NOT an exact match. However, if the recipient generically states that they need “Vlasic pickle coupons,” you can send whatever “Vlasic pickle coupons” you have.

Store specific coupons. Do not send them unless you are positive that the other member wants them.

Short dated coupons. Please follow the rules listed in the thread you are participating in. Most often, a minimum of 2 weeks from mail date is given so that the recipient has time to redeem the coupons. Short dated are okay only when you have approval from recipient.

Printable coupons. Not all members use them. Only send printables if they are on the recipient’s Wish List. NEVER send printables that you did not personally print.​

If you are the recipient of a potluck, please be reasonable in your expectations. Potlucks are essentially “grab bags” that are full of coupon surprises that you may or may not benefit from. We encourage members to check one another’s Wish Lists, but sometimes they simply don’t have what you are looking for. As long as the sender adheres to the above guidelines, please be a good sport.

If you receive a potluck that does not follow the above guidelines, please let the sender know and refer them to these guidelines. Often good communication quickly solves problems. If the sender refuses to make it right, please CLICK HERE to learn more about filing a “Bad Trader Report” form.

Happy Saving and have fun trading potlucks!

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Moderators:
    In the event the above is revised, please update the copies of this policy maintained in the following forums:

Coupon Trains: Hop on Board
    Secret Pals & Exchanges

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.