REACH OUT & TOUCH SOMEONE

Discussion in 'Everyday Living & Entertainment' started by MEN ON A BUDGET, Mar 30, 2020.

1. MEN ON A BUDGET

MEN ON A BUDGET Member

During our isolation, I intend to write to all of the older and elderly people that I know who don't have internet access and/or computer equipment. I could not imagine being without internet and stuck with 24/7 television. I hope they won't consider getting cable television if they don't have it. For the price, they may be able to get FREE or very low-cost internet. The problem is that they don't know the options BECAUSE they don't have access. How's THAT for obvious? LOL

I'm attaching a link to some of the governmental plans for free and low cost internet assistance but I know that its not a 100% list as my provider is not listed at all and our cost is more than reasonable... $40/mo for internet only. We do not have cable or phone from any supplier. Nope. We get all we need just from internet and an internet phone that costs $4.66 per month.

Please pass this article along to those you know without access or want to see if they qualify for free or lower cost than they are paying.

https://www.highspeedinternet.com/r...ment-programs-to-help-me-get-internet-service

2. Cathy

Cathy Happy Birthday Cathy!!

thanks for this suggestion and for helping the elderly cope with the new altered world as we know it.

Jorainna and jastwins like this.
  3. jastwins

jastwins ※Kaboom!・:・:・゜ Trader Group

Our school was going to pay for internet for some families that did not have the service. Then, like on the above list, Altice offered students free internet for our distance learners. Glad to see they are helping our students!

Jorainna and Cathy like this.