Restaurant - Other Question About "One per person per visit" wording on McDonalds coupons and funny

enginerd

Trader Group
I had some coupons for a free snack size McFlurry that said limit one per person per vist. Went through the drive-thru with my son and when I got to the window I was told that I could only use one. When I explained that there were two people so I should be able to use two the manager said I could use both if I bought another item (WTH - the coupon said no purchase necessary). I decided to just use one coupon and use the other later. When I got to the food window they handed me two McFlurrys. When I told them there was only one on my order they told me I could just have the other one because it was already made.:giggle2: Bahahaha!:hysterical: I think I still came out ahead in this deal but can anyone tell me if I was right in my interpretation of the limit.

O

OneHotMomma

re: Question About "One per person per visit" wording on McDonalds coupons and funny

One coupon, per person, per visit- in my opinion, there were two people, I would have used both.

Gardencook

Trader Group
re: Question About "One per person per visit" wording on McDonalds coupons and funny

Our merchants tend to be real problems when it comes to coupons here and they most likely wouldn't have accepted both coupons. To keep from any sort of argument we go through the front counter on coupons like those. I use one coupon and DH uses another. DH might use a B1G1 burger coupon and I might use a B1G1 drink coupon and there isn't anything they can say, because we are each "one customer."
That being said, clerks vary from one establishment to the next. We were in McDonald's on the other side of the state and the clerk could tell we were together when we used coupons for free frozen strawberry lemonade last year. She smiled and told us, "You can use those coupons together. I don't mind."

M

MyEmptyCanvas

We don't eat there as often these days. When I have McDonald's coupons, I usually go inside & place 2 whole separate orders. It seems @ the drive-thru they would put both orders on the same receipt which then caused the problems in my case, because I've been told only 1 coupon can be used per order (no matter what other lingo what stated on the coupon because of the way the registers were set up [who knows if that's even totally true :dontknow1: ehhh]), but since I go inside & do 2 orders, even for freebies, everything turns out fine. I'm sure it'd work out fine if they got that point at the drive-thru but they never seem to understand why someone would want totally separate orders, but whateverrr.:giggle2:

434Teresa

I have some Free item coupons but not for there. This place told me the other day that people were comming in and get food for 3 or 4 people and getting the whole order free with free item coupons..so they would take my ONE coupon this time but next time I come in they may not take it from ME. I ask why and she said because we are getting to many free item coupons. I told her will they are not fake,she said no they not fake but just beawear that next time you may not be able to use any free item coupon, we are waiting to hear from our boss on this matter right now.
I was getting ONE item free and buying two..I was not getting my whole order for free.

enginerd

Trader Group

As long as the terms of the coupons are being met it shouldn't matter whether they are getting their whole order free. Some coupons require an additional purchase and some don't. If they don't want you getting items free without an additional purchase it should say so on the coupon.