Recipes - Super Simple Pressure Cooker Mac & Cheese! (done in 10 minutes, start to finish!)

C

clippyclippy

My favorite cooking method? The pressure cooker!
I thought I'd share a very easy method for making the absolute best mac and cheese in 6 minutes flat! This is not only the quickest and easiest, my family declares it the best ever.

Last week a friend who was moving called to see if they could borrow our truck. I said sure, and told her I'd have supper for her to take as well. BUT... I didn't realize how quickly she was coming by, and I had nothing prepared:dontknow1:
But no fear, the pressure cooker did the work so that when she rang my door bell 10 minutes later, it was done!

This is what I did:

Threw into the pressure cooker pot:
a box of pasta (1 lb)
small hunk of butter
squirt of mustard
squirt of siracha
couple of teaspoons salt
4 cups water

Brought it to high pressure, then set a timer.
After 4 minutes, quick released the pressure.
Left pot on low heat and threw in 2 (8oz) bags of shredded cheese (I used colby jack), a handful of shredded Parmesan and then stirred in a can of evaporated milk.

Done! But we like the crispies on top, so I took the additional step of pouring the mac and cheese into the disposable baking pan, sprinkling with a panko/melted butter mix and placing under the broiler for a couple of minutes.

When she came by it was ready!
But I hadn't made a veggie, so while she stood in my kitchen, I rinsed out the pot, threw in a pound of frozen green beans and cooked them in 3-4 minutes, released pressure, added butter and salt - put in a to-go container and she was on her way with a truck and supper :biggrin:

For more conventional instructions, I got the recipe from this website:
Pressure Cooker Macaroni and Cheese | Dad Cooks Dinner