Crockpot potatoes in the crock pot

M

momof4blessings

I have been making potatoes in the crock pot for a long time but have no idea how long they take. LOL! I am bringing lunch (bake potatoes with chili & cheese) up to my daughter's school and I need to have the potatoes ready at exactly 11:30 but I have no idea what time I need to start them. Can anyone help?

F

flash

Oh dear...3-5 hours on high, or 6-9 hours on low; the more potatoes you put in the longer it takes...

F

flash

Prick the potatoes several times with fork or tip of sharp knife (same for microwave), rub with butter, pile into slow cooker, NO WATER, cover and cook.

You can also use olive oil, add seasonings...

M

momof4blessings

I always wrap each potato in tin foil first. That was the way I was told to do it. I never tried just putting them in the crock pot as is.

I think I may have to make them for dinner one night and see how long they take exactly.

F

flash

I've done them wrapped in foil, like in the oven only in the crock pot. But if your crock pot lid sets well, it seals in the steam so you don't really need the foil. I don't remember there being a difference in the way they turned out. Go with the way it works for you :)

K

kittyol106

WOW that is a REALLY great idea!! I never even thought about that.. LOL :banghead:

M

momof4blessings

kittyol106 said:
WOW that is a REALLY great idea!! I never even thought about that.. LOL :banghead:

I cook anything and everything I can in the crock pot. I have four of them and they are my best friends! LOL! I even discovered I can do corn in the cob in the crock pot!

S

summermay

My friend just did this last week. I eat one and would have never known it was made in the crockpot. She made a meatloaf in the other crockpot. That was very good too.

C

cutenirish

I've got two crock pots and I LOVE them both ver much! Once back to work I'll be double crocking it lol potatoes in one and a roast or meatloaf in the other YUMMY!